The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We've probably even won the pick swap now by the way. At the time it seemed silly but if we make finals it'll have been a masterstroke

There has always been talk (on this board at least) that it was unofficially linked with the pick swap that we probably paid overs on.

The amusing thing is that considering ladder positions, we may end up paying appreciable unders on that pick swap, even without factoring in the freebie of Lyons.

Positive: this was the first year I signed up to be a September member as I figured we may be a finals chance in a few years and it'd be good to get in early.

:D
Bandwagoner ;)

I’ve been a September member since it was first introduced many years ago contributing $40 every year for naught and you johnny come lately’s waltz in gloating...:thumbsu:

Bandwagoner ;)

I’ve been a September member since it was first introduced many years ago contributing $40 every year for naught and you johnny come lately’s waltz in gloating...:thumbsu:

Haha! To be honest I thought I was a September member for several years but only realised I wasn't in 2017, and to be honest given the previous few years it seemed like a waste of 40 dollars until I saw that the club was going to improve. Glad I jumped on and intend on keeping it ;)

Haha! To be honest I thought I was a September member for several years but only realised I wasn't in 2017, and to be honest given the previous few years it seemed like a waste of 40 dollars until I saw that the club was going to improve. Glad I jumped on and intend on keeping it ;)
The club should really give me a GF ticket for free if we ever make it for what I’ve contributed with this September member upgrade.:p

Positive: this was the first year I signed up to be a September member as I figured we may be a finals chance in a few years and it'd be good to get in early.

:D
Bandwagoner ;)

I'm bloody furious about this whole september member thing TBH. I've been one since it was introduced and every year i've paid my $40. So what happens this year, due to the fact that i have a 3 year old and am going to the USA for the month of August when we have 3 day games in a row (the games i can actually take my son) we made the hard decision to just get a 3 game membership and buy tickets to any other night games we wanted to go to. Of course that means that september membership can't be purchased so I don't have it this year, the one year I have to take a less than full membership (I will be back next year with full membership). If i can't get a september membership next year because it sells out i'm going to be extremely annoyed.

I fully understand why you can't get a 3 game membership and a september membership but a little feedback Lions_Insider that for people who have held this since it began for all these years, some sort of leeway for 1 season would have been nice to have.

Apologies, ive put this in the positives thread.

To balance it out, at this stage last year we were in 16th position with 3 wins and 12 losses and a percentage of 88.90%. What a year its been so far.

I'm bloody furious about this whole september member thing TBH. I've been one since it was introduced and every year i've paid my $40. So what happens this year, due to the fact that i have a 3 year old and am going to the USA for the month of August when we have 3 day games in a row (the games i can actually take my son) we made the hard decision to just get a 3 game membership and buy tickets to any other night games we wanted to go to. Of course that means that september membership can't be purchased so I don't have it this year, the one year I have to take a less than full membership (I will be back next year with full membership). If i can't get a september membership next year because it sells out i'm going to be extremely annoyed.

I fully understand why you can't get a 3 game membership and a september membership but a little feedback Lions_Insider that for people who have held this since it began for all these years, some sort of leeway for 1 season would have been nice to have.

To balance it out, at this stage last year we were in 16th position with 3 wins and 12 losses and a percentage of 88.90%. What a year its been so far.

Hey Lions_Insider I think FatCat08 deserves to go on a special September member waiting list.

Yeah that is seriously disappointing. Especially given how long you've been a renewing member and still are albeit with a three game membership. Hopefully this is something the club can take on board.

We've probably even won the pick swap now by the way. At the time it seemed silly but if we make finals it'll have been a masterstroke

IIRC, at the time I think it still looked to be favourable to us (though some people were rather upset).

GC were pretty likely headed for a bottom 2 finish (they were pretty awful last season and then lost even more experience come the end of the year).

That meant we quite likely had pick 19, 19, and a middle 3rd rounder (Hawks to finish mid-table, so pick ~45) which equates to about 2250 points - or pick 3.

Basically, banking on the Suns finishing on the bottom, and the Hawks finish mid table, we just had to avoid finishing bottom 3 to come out ahead.

As it stands today, we gave up 1112 draft points, for about 2290.

That's Pick 15 for Pick 3.

AND the picks we received helped give us the currency to land Neale & Adams.

Even if we lose all of our remaining games and the Suns go on a 7 game hot streak, I think we'll still come out ahead.

Hey Lions_Insider I think FatCat08 deserves to go on a special September member waiting list.

Yep. At the bottom. Bloody splitters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic all round team win yesterday with plenty of outstanding individual performances although a huge positive for me was that we won with quite a few below their best form, not saying they were bad but IMO Alex Witherden, Allen Christensen, Jarrod Berry, Mitch Robinson and Charlie Cameron were down on form, also Marcus Adams was rusty as expected.

Look out when our boys all perform at or near to the best of their ability.

Fantastic all round team win yesterday with plenty of outstanding individual performances although a huge positive for me was that we won with quite a few below their best form, not saying they were bad but IMO Alex Witherden, Allen Christensen, Jarrod Berry, Mitch Robinson and Charlie Cameron were down on form, also Marcus Adams was rusty as expected.

Look out when our boys all perform at or near to the best of their ability.
IMO i thought Mitch was pretty good.:thumbsu:

The amusing thing is that considering ladder positions, we may end up paying appreciable unders on that pick swap, even without factoring in the freebie of Lyons.

Was a thread started by a Suns fan giving a week to week update on what pick would be at that point - assuming like most it would be around 5-10. Right now it's pick 15

#backfire

Was a thread started by a Suns fan giving a week to week update on what pick would be at that point - assuming like most it would be around 5-10. Right now it's pick 15

#backfire
Basically it’s a polite version of our death riding thread, so no different than what is seen on most boards on BF.

I think the last post in that thread was two months ago lol
Probably by a Lions fan as well.

We’ve gone from the worst team for points scored from defensive half turnovers to the second best since the bye according to On The Couch.

Fagan was getting questioned by some awful posters after the Carlton but that just shows how he and the other coaches can have such a huge influence on the way the side performs

16 games, 11 wins and we've legitimately only been soundly beaten in two. The other three losses were were not only not comprehensively beaten, we directly controlled the game for large periods and were in a winning positions for large periods and one was still only a 1 point away loss.
There is no reason to doubt us anymore.
Wonderful things have passed within club's development and we are deservedly a top 4 side that should play finals.
The next few years should be very enjoyable for any Lions supporter, particularly those that hung around during the hardest times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back