The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

After the scary thought earlier in the year of massive financial losses for the Club.
Chris Fagan in the latest Roar Deal Podcast mentioned that there is a bit of chatter of the chance of seeing a small profit. 😯
Thanking Members for their support throughout the year.
Even if it is a small loss it is a ‘WIN’ for our great club. And will set us up for future success and hopefully a better bank balance in the not too distant future.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
After the scary thought earlier in the year of massive financial losses for the Club.
Chris Fagan in the latest Roar Deal Podcast mentioned that there is a bit of chatter of the chance of seeing a small profit. 😯
Thanking Members for their support throughout the year.
Even if it is a small loss it is a ‘WIN’ for our great club. And will set us up for future success and hopefully a better bank balance in the not too distant future.

Being able to have crowds would have really helped. Would be some dire numbers for some Vic clubs

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
For the first time in the club's history, our list has officially surpassed the 25% mark of local (Queensland) players which I know from a few years ago at a Vic Draft function that they were hoping to achieve. The club would like that mark to be closer to 50%, but still it is a fair effort from years ago when you'd only have 4-5. We now have 12 - Andrews, Ballenden, Cameron, B. Coleman, K. Coleman, Fullarton, Hipwood, McFadyen, Michael, Payne, A. Smith and Zorko.

I am not clear however, if the Coleman's are to be counted as Territorians or Queenslanders. I went with the latter.

Our list make up is now:

Brisbane Lions History
LIONS PLAYERS
VIC15Answerth, J.Berry, T.Berry, Daniher, Gardiner, Lester, Lyons, Mathieson, McCluggage, McInerney, McStay, Rayner, Sharp, B.Smith, E.Smith
QLD12Andrews, Ballenden, Cameron, B. Coleman, K. Coleman, Fullarton, Hipwood, McFadyen, Michael, Payne, A. Smith, Zorko
WA7Adams, Ah Chee, Joyce, Prior, Rich, Robertson, Starcevich
SA4Ellis-Yolman, McCarthy, Neale, H. Smith
TAS2Birchall, Robinson
NSW0
NT2Bailey, Cockatoo
INTL2Madden, Uosis

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
For the first time in the club's history, our list has officially surpassed the 25% mark of local (Queensland) players which I know from a few years ago at a Vic Draft function that they were hoping to achieve. The club would like that mark to be closer to 50%, but still it is a fair effort from years ago when you'd only have 4-5. We now have 12 - Andrews, Ballenden, Cameron, B. Coleman, K. Coleman, Fullarton, Hipwood, McFadyen, Michael, Payne, A. Smith and Zorko.

I am not clear however, if the Coleman's are to be counted as Territorians or Queenslanders. I went with the latter.

Our list make up is now:

Brisbane Lions History
LIONS PLAYERS
VIC15Answerth, J.Berry, T.Berry, Daniher, Gardiner, Lester, Lyons, Mathieson, McCluggage, McInerney, McStay, Rayner, Sharp, B.Smith, E.Smith
QLD12Andrews, Ballenden, Cameron, B. Coleman, K. Coleman, Fullarton, Hipwood, McFadyen, Michael, Payne, A. Smith, Zorko
TAS2Birchall, Robinson
NSW0
NT2Bailey, Cockatoo
INTL2Madden, Uosis
Great work D12, it would be interesting to know how many of the Victorian boys are from the country.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Great work D12, it would be interesting to know how many of the Victorian boys are from the country.
By my count, 8 (J.Berry, T.Berry, McCluggage, Sharp, B.Smith and E.Smith) but that is including 2 from Geelong (Gardiner and Mathieson), which is debateable if you'd count Geelong as country. Well it sort of is as it isn't Victorian Metro.

Nov 4, 2007
G Town aka Sleepy Hollow
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
By my count, 8 (J.Berry, T.Berry, McCluggage, Sharp, B.Smith and E.Smith) but that is including 2 from Geelong (Gardiner and Mathieson), which is debateable if you'd count Geelong as country. Well it sort of is as it isn't Victorian Metro.
Trust me, from someone who lives here, Geelong is Vic Country.

youneverknow22

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Our list make up is now:

Brisbane Lions History
LIONS PLAYERS
TAS2Birchall, Robinson
NSW0
NT2Bailey, Cockatoo
INTL2Madden, Uosis

Hopefully within the next 10 years, our squad is 60% queenslander.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 4, 2007
G Town aka Sleepy Hollow
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Target or Target Country?
Target, Ocean Grove did have a Target Country but it closed. OG is about 10 minute drive from Queenscliff, Dizzy country 😉

Falcon boys played for Vic Country - Matt Ling, Worpel, Sam Walsh, Dizzy, Witherden

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Had a cracker of a day yesterday. No kids. Took my wife and her friend to the Girls Day Out at Eagle Farm. Made it to the game just after we kicked the first 3 goals. The Mrs slowly got into the game as its abit easier with no kids. So all in all had a great day out. That's a positive yeh?

Sep 4, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Simon Prestigiacomo, Liverpool
From a neutral perspective it's great to see Daniher moving well again. He's through unscathed and will play next week. I know for a fact that he didn't want to be at Essendon last year, he addressed the entire room at a dinner table saying that he'll "probably just hang up the boots" if he couldn't get out of Essendon in 2019. Once the Forward 50 chemistry gets right you'll kill it. Your midfield was dominated yesterday and yet Daniher still had a few opportunities. Your midfield will not get beaten often this year, so wait and see what it looks like when you win more ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back