M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Daniher and Charlie have become problems when we're not winning or playing well. Yesterday McCarthy who is one of our best pressure players was down, Ah Chee and McStay tried to apply a lot of pressure , Cocky was also good in that regard considering his prep. I think Joe and Charlie in particular need to also be told that kicking goals isn't the be all and end all.
Agree, Charlie has been really disappointing this season with his defensive pressure, he has the tools to be elite in this area but he only brings it spasmodically unfortunately.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree, Charlie has been really disappointing this season with his defensive pressure, he has the tools to be elite in this area but he only brings it spasmodically unfortunately.

Goal kicking a massive worry too when 50% of his kicks are shots at goal

Also tends to hold up the momentum when he marks on the wing

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Charlie has lost the plot somewhere along the line. Just needs to get back to basics which he once had. Defensive tackling and pressure is paramount. Lead up hard and double back hard. Get rid of of it quickly from a free or a mark and show some purpose and routine from set shots. I know he's kicked a few goals sometimes this year but he isn't a threat to the opposition unless he's on fire which isn't happening all that often and we need him to be more of a threat.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I bet it went a little something like this:

"What is their brand? What do they stand for? Who is standing up and saying come with me boys?"
I know he's a pain you know where but yesterday he was onto our problems straight up and called it in advance.

But he did say 'we know what they can bring ' and 'this is what they bring' and it's not over 'if we bring our best.'

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bringing Daniher into the team has taken away almost all of Charlie's tools and purpose. Cannot recall a game this year where he has lit up the show.

Not sure how to fix it, but they need to figure out a plan soon.

I don't think we want to fix it. To get more goals from him we need to leave him one out but when it doesn't work there's no other avenue to goals.

He has to be more selfless and get around the base of packs applying pressure and winning the footy

And vastly improve his set shots

Mar 27, 2006
Bribie Island
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team
Bringing Daniher into the team has taken away almost all of Charlie's tools and purpose. Cannot recall a game this year where he has lit up the show.

Not sure how to fix it, but they need to figure out a plan soon.
Maybe he needs to try harder and stop sulking when things don't go his way.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’ll back us in for a run deep into the finals now that King has come out about a line through our season - calling us “bland”
If I recall correctly after we beat the cats, he called their season over and stated they are too old with too many passengers

Don't want to go all Cliche on everybody.

But a week is a long time in football. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KennyP#42

Debutant
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I also like floating both Bailey and Charlie into the middle… bring them into the game - I think this should happen in the first quarter if they start quiet
Gives us an injection of pace and they get their hands on the ball

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I also like floating both Bailey and Charlie into the middle… bring them into the game - I think this should happen in the first quarter if they start quiet
Gives us an injection of pace and they get their hands on the ball

Charlie isn't fit enough

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
The offensive side of the game has never been our problem over the last 3 seasons, just had a look at the ladder and we have the 2nd best points for in the competition behind the Bulldogs.

On the other hand the current top 4 sides have less points against, when we are on our defence is great but in our losses it looks abysmal, losses this year and the score against us-

Swans- 125 v 94.
Cats- 91 v 90.
Bulldogs- 73 v 54.
Demons- 97 v 75.
Saints- 95 v 63.
Tigers- 106 v 86.
Hawks- 92 v 80.

All bar the game against the Dogs 90+ against, in all those games we were beaten by quick ball movement, running past handball receives and corridor play, adjusting quickly to turnovers is our achilles heel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back