The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrews goes alright. About the only positive I can take out of that game.
It was bad yesterday.

But without Andrews it would've been truly embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May I post in your forum?

Tons of positives at Brisbane.

Great coach and assitants, great list (in better shape than ours for age and balance) and few if any serious injuries.

Your problems are like ours: a sluggish start and a media feeding frenzy. Screw them, screw them all, the media and the March premiers.

You're less than a week away from your first wIn, then your season starts.

Like us you've coughed up a headstart to Freo and Carlton and the Giants. It's the longest season ever, none of those clubs have form for sustained success. Youse have been doing bg this fir years, but you've only just hit the right age balance fir a tilt. Watch them wobble, your experience will count then.

I dunno if we'll be there to defend the cup, great coach but we're old, Geelong old. I'm pretty sure you'll be playing finals, and none of the other finalists will be happy to see you there.

Not here to blow smoke up anyone's arse, I was very happy we knocked you off up there because it'll probably be our highlight this year. Just sick of the nonsense being talked about Brisbane as if you were Melbourne.

Theres a club in real strife off field, but they are playing to defy the odds. You'll get there too.

Great coach and assitants, great list (in better shape than ours for age and balance) and few if any serious injuries.

Your problems are like ours: a sluggish start and a media feeding frenzy. Screw them, screw them all, the media and the March premiers.

You're less than a week away from your first wIn, then your season starts.

Like us you've coughed up a headstart to Freo and Carlton and the Giants. It's the longest season ever, none of those clubs have form for sustained success. Youse have been doing bg this fir years, but you've only just hit the right age balance fir a tilt. Watch them wobble, your experience will count then.

I dunno if we'll be there to defend the cup, great coach but we're old, Geelong old. I'm pretty sure you'll be playing finals, and none of the other finalists will be happy to see you there.

Not here to blow smoke up anyone's arse, I was very happy we knocked you off up there because it'll probably be our highlight this year. Just sick of the nonsense being talked about Brisbane as if you were Melbourne.

Theres a club in real strife off field, but they are playing to defy the odds. You'll get there too.

Thanks for your post. While most of us are feeling quite deflated with our winless start (which has been exacerbated by the ACL injuries to Coleman and Doedee and the lead we coughed up to Carlton), we have played decent football against quality opposition in our first three outings. Freo are no slouches (particularly at home), and Carlton and Collingwood do not require an introduction.

This

Maybe fewer injuries than other clubs, but it has been to key players and prime movers in our system.

Kiddy is critical to our offence from the back-line. Can't do it anymore, so we have to adjust to a different plan/system, which will take time to discover who fills the gap and how we use the new set up.

Ashcroft's absence basically lost us a grand final and a gaping hole in our midfield spread. We have no one to replace his work in the midfield.

We recruited Doedee to increase our intercept ability and take the focus and pressure of Andrews. That is not going to happen with Payne's significant regression in the back-line.

Neile has been struggling to get on the park in fit condition.

That's enough to derail our season.

We may recover but it will be a major effort, or we just take the down year and recalibrate for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back