No Opposition Supporters The Positivity Thread - 2019 Edition (Rules Strictly Enforced - See Post 1)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
That was unexpected. Peasant surprises are the best surprises.

StingBitten

Premiership Player
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Saffa's
This thread is like that beautiful house for sale that you drive past every day, yet can't afford - then all of a sudden you get some unexpected funds and you decide to and check it out.

So shiny.

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cam looks like a Hemsworth. Probably the least attractive one but still. Between that, Colyer and Fyfe shaving their buns we are much less shabby looking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snuffaluphagus

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was thinking the same thing re Coniglio & Kelly and I'm prepared to invest my mental well-being into that terrific win and say I expect us to now grab Coniglio and win the flag next year. Nothing surer

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Why isn't this thread booming right now? That performance was absolutely incredible! We just need to maintain that intent to attack and move the ball quickly all season.

PurpleEyes

Club Legend
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brayshaw finished with 11 Contested Possessions (20 Disposals).
That's his first 10+ Contested Possessions in his 18 games so far.
For me that is important because it is the one area he will need to improve in quickly if he is going to become a future elite inside midfielder.
He's still very young for an inside mid, so hopefully he continues to develop this part of his game. Most of the quality mids have had 5 or more 10+ CP games by the time they are about 20years old (the likes of Oliver, Martin and Fyfe had done this before they turned 19).

purplerunsdeep2

Senior List
Jul 20, 2018
Starting a new job today - still feeling buzzed from seeing the boys get the job done well yesterday. Spending the morning on this forum instead of worrying about how I’m going to make someone else rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deathly

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
So 2017 was the year of consistency and stepping up for Blakely and 2018 was Langdon. I feel like this year it will be Tucker and Cerra. Based on JLT and the weekend you can tell Tucker has really grabbed the opportunity presented by the throat. Keep it up. Cerra - I'm liking how much he is beginning to impose himself on the play. Very reliable too.

332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
Lee Spurr is good as a radio commentator - enjoyed listening to him!
What station was he commentating on??

I kept changing and ended up on ABC, as I got sick of the sportfm commentator, Glen Mitchell saying "fremantle player". so I switched off. I can't listen to 6pr again as they are so negative on freo, i've switched off them as well.

Steinfreo

Premiership Player
Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brayshaw finished with 11 Contested Possessions (20 Disposals).
That's his first 10+ Contested Possessions in his 18 games so far.
For me that is important because it is the one area he will need to improve in quickly if he is going to become a future elite inside midfielder.
He's still very young for an inside mid, so hopefully he continues to develop this part of his game. Most of the quality mids have had 5 or more 10+ CP games by the time they are about 20years old (the likes of Oliver, Martin and Fyfe had done this before they turned 19).
If the kid can chill in front of goal hes going to be super special.

wayToGo_

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Most of the quality mids have had 5 or more 10+ CP games by the time they are about 20years old (the likes of Oliver, Martin and Fyfe had done this before they turned 19).
Did any of those guys get king hit in the face as 19yos? I'm just impressed it doesn't seem to have affected him putting his head over the ball at all. The development will come, just like it did with Angus.

Monument Hills

All Australian
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wildcats Cockburn Watersliders
well that was enjoyable. Didn't realise Thor was still in WA. Good idea to give him a game to boost tourism.

Bastyy

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2015
Launceston, TAS
AFL Club
Fremantle
That's the first time I've had fun watching Freo since 2013 and when we went 9-0 in 2015

I'm really hopeful. We still have Switto, Blakely, Shill, Logue, Cox, Sandi, Bennell and HOGAN waiting in the wings from injury, as well as young blokes like Bewley, North, Giro and Valente waiting to make an impact

Even if we don't make the finals this year, I'm damn excited for next year

Top Bottom