No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to the fantastic work from Bell, Rosich and the team over the past fortnight I am going into 2019 with a beautiful outlook for The FFC!

2019 will bring one of two "beautiful" outcomes. Either The FFC will be on the road to something spectacular ... Or ... It is The End, that being the end of the relationship that is, The FFC and RTB.

Good times ahead...

What a fantastic trade period. Peter Bell, take a bow..
I’ve been reading all the threads on Hogan, Lobb etc this morning and it’s great to see that most of us are excited about next year and beyond. Hopefully next year will be like 2010 when we started to become a really good side..

Well there you go, a positivity thread. Not in use much, says either Freo are a total stuff up or we have a majority of moaning negative nellies on here.
Ps this is a positive thread so any disruptive melts will be reported forthwith .;)

I guess the positive side of things is that we either do really well and we are all up and about or we do poorly and we get a fresh start with a new coach. I'm obviously hoping for the improvement side of things

Things to be positive about:
We are unbeaten for the 2019 season proper, to date
We wear purple
We have the best player in the land.
We have much more intelligent & interesting supporters than the other WA mob.

That wasn't too bad.
Go Freo!

We have some quality young mid talent, Brayshaw and Cerra. Brett Bewley and Conca add some muscle to the middle to protect them.

We have a forward target (maybe 2) for the first time in a while. McCarthy will be better for it. He was a 3rd forward with Cameron, Patton and Lobb at GWS.
He's not a key forward, never was, so will be better.

Sean Darcy looks the goods in the ruck.

Hamling will get more help back this year, and I think Logue will come on this year.

Brennan Cox could be a beast, hope he stays fit.

Potentially add Bennell to the field at some point for class and skill. Not banking on that one.

Last edited:
Came across some decent merchandise and apparel for this season. Dropped in to the shop at cockburn today and picked up a few things, a good price also. I think there’s a members discount... well the guy at the counter was happy to discount the lot without seeing my members badge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be at the game this weekend.
Hopefully we win thru into the granny

Usually we go into a season with expectations that are too high (like most supporters) and then a few losses brings us back to reality.

You would think after the last couple of weeks the club is about to be wound up. I actually think we will see by mid-season that things aren't as bad as the West Coast media would have you believe. I think our list on paper, at least, looks pretty good. When they get back on the park, things will get interesting.

Usually we go into a season with expectations that are too high (like most supporters) and then a few losses brings us back to reality.

You would think after the last couple of weeks the club is about to be wound up. I actually think we will see by mid-season that things aren't as bad as the West Coast media would have you believe. I think our list on paper, at least, looks pretty good. When they get back on the park, things will get interesting.
Agree with this. Injury permitting the sky is definitely not falling.

I obviously lost my **** about Hogan but think we are a better team than most of giving us credit for. As long as you are not expecting finals I think this year could be quite enjoyable.

My philosophy is we need our best team fit and fining in September, not in March - and if some of our players start late and peak late that might be a fine thing. Having said that, the potential is for an absolute train wreck of a season due to market forces if we start horribly, unavailability or not.

Eternal optimists unite! Welcome to your half full glass for 2019. This thread is intended as place for folks to be positive and share their optimism without having to defend themselves or their posts. This is not a place for rational debate. If you disagree with a post or poster then pass over it, if you are in the mood to debate take it elsewhere to one of the great many other threads available to you.

Please note the below rules that will be strictly enforced.

1) This thread is purely for positivity and optimism, rational or irrational is up to you just contain them here.
2) No arguing, debating, or attempting to rationalise other posters rampant positivity.
3) No Opposition Supporters, no exceptions (expect immediate infraction and thread ban)
4) Abuse and personal attacks will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
5) The forum and board rules still apply and will be enforced.

Note this means that all Freo poster thread bans from the original positivity thread will be lifted. Stick to the rules and enjoy your stay!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back