No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
This thread is like that beautiful house for sale that you drive past every day, yet can't afford - then all of a sudden you get some unexpected funds and you decide to and check it out.

So shiny.

yakka man

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Why isn't this thread booming right now? That performance was absolutely incredible! We just need to maintain that intent to attack and move the ball quickly all season.

PurpleEyes

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brayshaw finished with 11 Contested Possessions (20 Disposals).
That's his first 10+ Contested Possessions in his 18 games so far.
For me that is important because it is the one area he will need to improve in quickly if he is going to become a future elite inside midfielder.
He's still very young for an inside mid, so hopefully he continues to develop this part of his game. Most of the quality mids have had 5 or more 10+ CP games by the time they are about 20years old (the likes of Oliver, Martin and Fyfe had done this before they turned 19).

Jul 20, 2018
Starting a new job today - still feeling buzzed from seeing the boys get the job done well yesterday. Spending the morning on this forum instead of worrying about how I’m going to make someone else rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
So 2017 was the year of consistency and stepping up for Blakely and 2018 was Langdon. I feel like this year it will be Tucker and Cerra. Based on JLT and the weekend you can tell Tucker has really grabbed the opportunity presented by the throat. Keep it up. Cerra - I'm liking how much he is beginning to impose himself on the play. Very reliable too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
Lee Spurr is good as a radio commentator - enjoyed listening to him!

What station was he commentating on??

I kept changing and ended up on ABC, as I got sick of the sportfm commentator, Glen Mitchell saying "fremantle player". so I switched off. I can't listen to 6pr again as they are so negative on freo, i've switched off them as well.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brayshaw finished with 11 Contested Possessions (20 Disposals).
That's his first 10+ Contested Possessions in his 18 games so far.
For me that is important because it is the one area he will need to improve in quickly if he is going to become a future elite inside midfielder.
He's still very young for an inside mid, so hopefully he continues to develop this part of his game. Most of the quality mids have had 5 or more 10+ CP games by the time they are about 20years old (the likes of Oliver, Martin and Fyfe had done this before they turned 19).
If the kid can chill in front of goal hes going to be super special.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Most of the quality mids have had 5 or more 10+ CP games by the time they are about 20years old (the likes of Oliver, Martin and Fyfe had done this before they turned 19).
Did any of those guys get king hit in the face as 19yos? I'm just impressed it doesn't seem to have affected him putting his head over the ball at all. The development will come, just like it did with Angus.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
well that was enjoyable. Didn't realise Thor was still in WA. Good idea to give him a game to boost tourism.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
That's the first time I've had fun watching Freo since 2013 and when we went 9-0 in 2015

I'm really hopeful. We still have Switto, Blakely, Shill, Logue, Cox, Sandi, Bennell and HOGAN waiting in the wings from injury, as well as young blokes like Bewley, North, Giro and Valente waiting to make an impact

Even if we don't make the finals this year, I'm damn excited for next year

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
That was genuinely the most complete game played by Fremantle since the 2013 preliminary final. From about the 17th minute of the first until the 25th of the 4th we absolutely dominated them. The score board flattered north, we really should of won by 100, they kicked at goal efficiently and we missed a bunch early that were soadas.

Tucker has proven me wrong, genuine breakout game and there won't be 1 word of it over week. I had Mr invisible clocked as Sheridan 2.0, stagnation and role changes that didn't work but his game was immensely impactful. Not only did he nullify Higgins the most damaging player for the tops, he had 17 kicks as a midfielder and could have had 4 goals.

When I read comments like 'Fyfe looks like he's getting back to his best/Brownlow form' I feel like hitting my head against a wall. His form last year was in many ways better than his Brownlow year. This year he's even better, on limited minutes Fyfe had 10 clearances 5 of which centre, 22 contested possessions at 79 percent efficiency, 13 score involvements including 1 goal and almost a second.

13 score involvements is insane which is why Brad Hill and Fyfe share lead the league and why Walter's and McCarthy are tied for 5th with 10.

I'm happy to say that unlike Tucker I hadn't written off McCarthy. Thor brought the thunder, 5 times they played thunderstruck in his honour. None more electrifying than his 5th screaming into goal on the run from 50. I think there is still a world where Lobb, Hogan, Cox and McCarthy share time in the same forward line.

Shout out to my pregame prediction on Pearce and Mundy, development like industrialization and aging like fine wine respectively.

Equal second in the league for centre clearances is our very own ruck dog Searn Darcy (4 and behind Fyfe). He is still a boy, but already just unforgivingly strong. His ruckwork and jump continue to improve as his body and experience do too. When his muscles and tank are fully developed, when his skinnies and experience maxed out Darcy will dominate. He isn't wasting any time, Brodie Grundy and Sean are quickest delevoping rucks of the modern area.

How good is it that it feels like Noone had a bad game. Ballas didn't do much but he kicked a goal and hurt his hay. Hughes had his standard number of clanger moments (not all counted as clangers). Matera back in for Ballas unless switta is 105% and Logue could come in for Hughes and give us more height down back (North are short).

Lastly how good is schadenfreude. All those deluded, Aaron Hall loving, 'our midfield will dominate yours, we bat too deep our defense won't be a problem no Hogan no forward line', sad sad individuals in a sad sad situation on the North board. It's bad and I deserve karma for the enjoyment I got from reading their game and post game thread but they can seriously sleat one after this preseason. Some of the worst main board trolls come from that board and their mods absolutely don't care how much bullshit those individuals make up if it makes other delided norf supporters feel good. Don't worry guys, I'm sure Josh Kelly is dying to get back to play along side 100 game superstarts such as Aaron Hall, Dom Tyson and Pittard, as well all know those guys are all way better than role players like Conca and Colyer. All 4 of their emergencies would have been best 22 for us and all but one of the 1065,000,001 possible future had us losing.

Boy it feels great to get a win, even better a belting.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Fyfe for Brownlow in the faceless midfield is an absolute monty if he played in more that 12 wins. The new centre clearance rule makes him the most dominant player in the game and he'll only get better as Sean does or if Aaron ever plays again.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tactically, Ross showed he isn't the same person he was 10 years ago at the saints. He proved that's he is still on the the premier tacticians in the game, these new rules allowed the brightest minds to show how the game should now be played. Ross did that, early in preseason he figured it out. Youth is as good as the team they're in and the game plan they play, our game plan ruined North despite being significantly younger, playing a largely new game and being less experienced.

It's never as good or as bad as it seems.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
A little more love for B. Hill I think is needed - he could barely get space from his man without ball in hand and his disposal was atrocious.

He was like S. Hill in his prime with his running down the middle and kicking into our forward 50, in particularl that first goal he setups for Dardy. Accepts the ball from Taberner and moves quickly, feigning two hand balls and then kicking with pin point accuracy to Dardy off the lead.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
The new rules are made for big bodied mids at the centre ball ups. Less congestion means the big boys can grab it and charge forward using their strength. It's made for Fyfe and Mundy. This will not be popular but Hogan and Logue in there as well could be dynamite. Both have big tanks and big kicks. The Lachie Neale type inside mid that gets in and under and dishes out the handball to the outside distributor won't be as important at the centre ball ups. The big mid that can win his own ball and burst through and deliver long and quick to the one on one forward half will be very important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back