No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon getting getting Shill and Blakely back on the field for a couple of the weaker players and the second half of the season is potentially looking bright. Concussion aside which is a 1 weeker, we really haven't been hit too hard on field during the games so far this year.

I'm another who can see some positives and think another 3-4 weeks of gelling, along with getting Blakeley and Fyfe back, should bring a good second half of the season. Backline is pretty much set, midfield will be strengthened and forwards will be starting to play for each other - already starting to see the signs.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm another who can see some positives and think another 3-4 weeks of gelling, along with getting Blakeley and Fyfe back, should bring a good second half of the season. Backline is pretty much set, midfield will be strengthened and forwards will be starting to play for each other - already starting to see the signs.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Big thumbs up from me mate :) :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I thought Switta’s game was quite good considering his TOG. I love his intent, 6 tackles is quite impressive. I reckon he has the polish to finish off his work too, more so than Schultz. I hope he can string some games together.

Thirteen points. It's not so bad given the disparity in potential improvement between the two sides by the time they're next scheduled to meet.

Who are they going to bring in that'll make them substantially better? Natakneey & Jetta? Try Fyfe, Blakely, Darcy, Cox, Hill, Logue. Plus a better conditioned and integrated Hogan. While Bennell & Sandi, are more chimeric, if they could offer anything substantial on the field, sheesh.

Even if you think the WC could improve their connectivity from Saturday night, they've been relatively stable over the last two off seasons. Freo have made huge changes in the same time and it'd be fair to say the level of improvement they could make to their connectivity by greater playing time together would have to be much greater.

Last edited:
I thought Hogan took another step forward on the weekend; TBH I wasn't expecting him to even play till around round 4 so it does feel a bit of a bonus to have him 3 games in already. When Blakely comes back to give us more of the ball he should be just about ready to break and be uber-dangerous.

I’m really pumped and optimistic about this season after the start to the season we have had. I’m a footy tragic and watch 5-6 games a week (I’m still the Damian Drum of the Fantasy League though) regardless of whether Freo are winning or losing, but when we are winning/competing it really does make the footy season so much more enjoyable.

I honestly think if we can stay healthy and maintain the effort and hardness around the contests we will create enough chances to be right in most games up to our eyeballs. We’ve got a 2012ish vibe this year but in my opinion a more balanced team, perhaps not with the depth or experience just yet.

Momentum is building looking at our current form and the helpful squiggle we actually have alot of 50/50 games for the rest of the year.

Freo v Port - 50/50
Melbourne v Freo - 50/50
Freo v Carlton - WIN
Freo vs WCE - 50/50
Hawks vs Freo - LOSS
Freo vs Swans - WIN
Bulldogs vs Freo - 50/50
Freo vs Geelong - 50/50
Saints vs Freo - 50/50
Freo vs Essendon - WIN
Port vs Freo - LOSS

We could end up anywhere from 15 wins to 9. Still a respectable result.

The midfield with the addition of SHill and Bennell will consist of Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, Blakely, SHill, Bennell, BHill, Langdon,Conca,Brayshaw, Cerra.
That group is as good as any in the comp and even with the loss of the 3 bigs we can still give the finals a shake.
Logue, Darcy and McCarthy aren't at the calibre yet of the big 3 but can fill the void.
It's still possible:thumbsu:

Realistically we have a chance to win most of the remaining games except for probably the cats. All the rest we have a good chance to win imo

We’re improving! We’re a completely different side to the one last year, in the preseason and even in a few of the earlier games this year which doesn’t get much more positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are the ultimate bogey side but the GWS and Pies away wins give me the smallest, faintest glimmer of hope. If we're ever going to beat them outside of Perth again then this is the year.
Despite being completely mediocre in general, they have still managed their customary battering of Adelaide (which is almost as much of a bogey as us). That plus that demolition of GWS has maintained a respectful amount of fear.

Despite being completely mediocre in general, they have still managed their customary battering of Adelaide (which is almost as much of a bogey as us). That plus that demolition of GWS has maintained a respectful amount of fear.

No doubt, that's why it's just a glimmer. Playing any other mid-range team in similar circumstances and i'd say it would be at least 50/50. God I ******* hope we beat them and i'm sure to the players it would be as big as any win this year. Forgot 2012, if we were to win that we'd be lookng at more of a 2006-type trajectory (yes im getting ahead of myself)

The hawks just lost to Essendon. They are nowhere near the hawks of the past few years. They are on a steady dive down the ladder. They still have a few good players but they need to rebuild with youth imo

Inside mids got their arse handed to them for 3/4 of the game, three players injured and our fight and structures and talent kept us in it. Brayshaw looked impressive when playing as a first two inside mid in the last quater when Fyfe was thrown forward in desparation and Louge showed us the first part of the player he will become.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back