No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that a change of the guard with the list management and footy manager will bring a fresh set of eyes and fresh energy to the club. I do hope that we review our strength and conditioning and assistant coaching positions - but so much of it depends on what they assess and whether there are better options out there. I don't like strategies of 'change for the sake of change' in the same way that I don't like trading an elite player for a bunch of picks and 'potential'.

This.

The melt thread has 6 times more views and posts than the positivity thread. In the court of public opinion the melters are mainstream flat white middle Australia, and the guys over here in positivity land are sipping soy lattes and sneering at the masses.

The melt thread has 6 times more views and posts than the positivity thread. In the court of public opinion the melters are mainstream flat white middle Australia, and the guys over here in positivity land are sipping soy lattes and sneering at the masses.
I don't drink coffee but I am sneering.

Mate honestly i'd engage with some of the more ridiculous discussion that goes on there, and i'll melt on occasion. But I think it's fair that people are allowed to melt without constant debate about the validity of their melts. Ditto I think there's room to be positive without replies like yours. Is that not why we have these threads?

Mate honestly i'd engage with some of the more ridiculous discussion that goes on there, and i'll melt on occasion. But I think it's fair that people are allowed to melt without constant debate about the validity of their melts. Ditto I think there's room to be positive without replies like yours. Is that not why we have these threads?
Not 100% but I think Square Peg's post was firmly tongue in cheek.

Legit melts are fine, its the downright lies masquerading as melts that gives me the shits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surface observants will do that.

I just don't think they really have a good understanding of where our list is and will be over the next few years. Plus all the behind the scenes aspects he'll add. It's not always just about best 22 sometimes and I think this might be one of those cases where he is good for the club more than just getting games.

I just don't think they really have a good understanding of where our list is and will be over the next few years. Plus all the behind the scenes aspects he'll add. It's not always just about best 22 sometimes and I think this might be one of those cases where he is good for the club more than just getting games.

Agree. Just won the community award at the Richmond BnF giving context to his character and attitude. He fits the versatile role that got alluded to by Ross. He will be our highest polling tackler and will do a better job at relieving pressure and physicality off of our better players compared to other options on our list. Also is just a $ pick-up. Although since he isn't a 30+ 2 Goal Clearance player I guess he can't fit into a bottom 5 side.

Brisbane are gaining Neale but losing Beams and their supporters are losing their minds. As one of our 17 rivals, they'll be right back where they started by the end of the trade period.

Brisbane are gaining Neale but losing Beams and their supporters are losing their minds. As one of our 17 rivals, they'll be right back where they started by the end of the trade period.

One comes in one door, one goes out the other door. Net gain = zero.

Trading period does funny things to supporters minds, yep mine included.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back