No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably should've said, all playing in the midfield rather than some having to play half back like last week. Ryan back would've meant that would've happened. Anyway, I knew it was too good to be true, the footy gods wouldn't allow it. Brayshaw out.
Doesn't sound like it would've happened even if Brayshaw wasn't out:

Longmuir said he expected Brayshaw to only miss a week of football, and as such, was reluctant to bring Darcy Tucker in the midfield.

The midfielder has been playing as a high defender since making his return in round seven, and Longmuir said it wasn’t worth making Tucker change his role for only one game.

He added that forward/midfielder Michael Walters may be considered for more midfield minutes.

“No (Tucker won’t change roles.) We’re a bit short on personnel down back, especially those high back roles,” Longmuir said.

“We want to get some continuity, so moving Darcy back to the midfield, then Andy comes back next week, (Tucker is) back to the backline.

“It doesn’t help our continuity.”

Tucker down back seems to be his position for the time being, probably due to no Hughes and Conca having "things to work on".

From today's date this is what's going to happen:

- Fyfe won't need surgery until after the season, he will play fine.
- Darcy and Logue back in no time.
- A number of selection changes are forced this weekend adding new flair and unpredictability to the team, and we beat Gold Coast in a close one.
- Mid-season break with finals still a discussion point and well-earned recovery time and refocus for the club.
- Alex Pearce rejoins the starting 22 and doesn't break down. He gets back to to career best by the end of the year.
- Our defence starts holding together with Hayden Young returning, improvements from Duman/Watson/Conca. Because A. Pearce is back in form, the loss of Cox isn't as devastating.
- Some new debutants in Joel Western and Luke Valente see immediate potential at the highest level, injecting some belief into the side.
- Brayshaw , Cerra and Serong start dominating the midfield.
- Treacy finally belongs in the starting 22, in addition Taberner and Lobb help support a new functioning forward line where key talls do their job.
- Banfield and Switowski create pressure for forward positions.
- Our injury crisis is over for the year, we have a number of players out for the season but this does not cripple the side.
- We scrape into the 8 and set ourselves up for a massive 2022.
- We draft awesomely for next year.

All of this is in the realms of possibility.

Drink my Kool Aid people.

- A number of selection changes are forced this weekend adding new flair and unpredictability to the team, and we beat Gold Coast in a close one.
- Mid-season break with finals still a discussion point and well-earned recovery time and refocus for the club.
- Alex Pearce rejoins the starting 22 and doesn't break down. He gets back to to career best by the end of the year.
- Our defence starts holding together with Hayden Young returning, improvements from Duman/Watson/Conca. Because A. Pearce is back in form, the loss of Cox isn't as devastating.
- Some new debutants in Joel Western and Luke Valente see immediate potential at the highest level, injecting some belief into the side.
- Treacy finally belongs in the starting 22, in addition Taberner and Lobb help support a new functioning forward line where key talls do their job.
- Our injury crisis is over for the year, we have a number of players out for the season but this does not cripple the side.

Blake Acres has proven that he's not a soft player in my opinion, he'll always cop it on here because he's an easy target instead of actually addressing the problems, but his tackling is really good in my opinion, and his kicking has come a long way from last year. I think he's a decent asset to the team, I don't understand the hate towards him.

Blake Acres has proven that he's not a soft player in my opinion, he'll always cop it on here because he's an easy target instead of actually addressing the problems, but his tackling is really good in my opinion, and his kicking has come a long way from last year. I think he's a decent asset to the team, I don't understand the hate towards him.
Yeah it's got me beat. Gets talked about as if every game he plays is that one against the Cats last year.

You had me until.......Banfield and Switowski create pressure for forward options.
If Banfield is creating pressure for forward options we are in a lot of trouble.

You had me until.......Banfield and Switowski create pressure for forward options.
If Banfield is creating pressure for forward options we are in a lot of trouble.
Who's to say Banfield can't improve his game and become a decent depth forward? He's capable of improving.

Try Banfield in a tagging role one last time. He has the tank to stick to and nullify one of the oppositions' best. If he's in the forward plans going forward, just delist him.

Banfield is/was a tall athletic midfielder. He is also last picked on our long line of mids and JLo has quite obviously seen our gaping hole that is medium forwards on our list and his athletic profile. Two and two together and his role has changed. Now clearly it didn't immediately all come together for him as that would be unheard of (even Fyfe is struggling forward even with having forward experience as a junior), but I think with time he has a chance to make it.

With what was reported as him dominating the first quarter of his WAFL match before being injured does that not give enough hope to you all that he could fill that medium forward spot well enough to be good depth for it? Not saying he will kill it but I think with how our list currently sits, it would be silly to throw out 1 of only 2 players that can play that role. Just want him to get the back half of the year in the WAFL playing that role well and I would be giving him 1 year on the rookie just purely for list balance.

My predictions already halfway there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting a few back after the bye.
Logue, Fyfe ??, Switta, Young, Hamling maybe ?
That's 4 best 22
So what is new with Hamling that has changed since two weeks ago where he was supposed to have a career that was in doubt!!Some talk, even from the club that he may never return.
I am hoping he makes it back this year,Hamling, Pearce, Ryan,Cox, makes good reading.

I’m still not convinced that you can play Hamling, Pearce, Ryan, Cox and Logue in the same back 6.
But APs 200cm frame and spoiling ability against the big key forwards is so valuable. * I’d love to see him giving the likes of Kennedy and Hawkins a pantsing later this season.
Regardless it’s a moot point as they will never all be fit and available at the same time

I’m still not convinced that you can play Hamling, Pearce, Ryan, Cox and Logue in the same back 6.
But APs 200cm frame and spoiling ability against the big key forwards is so valuable. fu** I’d love to see him giving the likes of Kennedy and Hawkins a pantsing later this season.
Regardless it’s a moot point as they will never all be fit and available at the same time
I’m not sure you’ve read the title of the thread, it will happen & it will work.

Geelong sometimes play 4 KPDs. I think you have to set your team up for it though. You couldn't just lump them in there any which way.

Hamling has to be bottom of the list only due to his age. Cox and Logue are clearly the future and AP has 2 years on Hammer.

They have to have good mobility though and Logue does, so can play smaller. Hamling and Chapman too. We’re well placed defensively for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back