No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Sturt is an interesting one. The fans great white hope after his debut game morphed into injury cursed talent. Then finds himself on on the outer with coaches and spends an age playing for peel despite kicking goals. Finally gets some continuity of games in the ones. It's been a ride and his potential value has been a rollercoaster. One thing I do like about him is that he has a bit of swagger and doesn't mind getting into his opponents.

Screenshot_20231021-140941.png Screenshot_20231021-140739.png Screenshot_20231021-140557.png Screenshot_20231021-140700.png Screenshot_20231021-140809.png

Kicked three on debut and almost got us over the line against the bombers. Then COVID and injury happened so he disappeared for a while. Remember when Brock O'Brien played that one game and we thought he was amazing.

Edit: also was a draft bolter and kinda reminded people of when Fyfe was drafted.

Last edited:
This is the best day of the year to be a Freo supporter:
  • No off-season injuries yet.
  • The lads have come back from their holidays ripped and fit.
  • We've mostly forgotten the trauma of our 2023 losses.
  • Enough time has passed since the trade period that we've come to terms with the loss of certain players.
  • We've already signed on a DFA (McDonald), with a SSP player (Sharp) about to be announced.
  • NEW TOYS FROM THE DRAFT TODAY AND TOMORROW.
  • And, we have yet to be triggered by the three skinny half back flankers Wallsy is about to draft in 7 hours time.
Blockchain Defi GIF by 1inch

This is the best day of the year to be a Freo supporter:
  • No off-season injuries yet.
  • The lads have come back from their holidays ripped and fit.
  • We've mostly forgotten the trauma of our 2023 losses.
  • Enough time has passed since the trade period that we've come to terms with the loss of certain players.
  • We've already signed on a DFA (McDonald), with a SSP player (Sharp) about to be announced.
  • NEW TOYS FROM THE DRAFT TODAY AND TOMORROW.
  • And, we have yet to be triggered by the three skinny half back flankers Wallsy is about to draft in 7 hours time.
Blockchain Defi GIF by 1inch
SKINNY HALF BACK KLAXON! :loudspeaker::loudspeaker::loudspeaker::loudspeaker:

I really like this draft. We got some good talent in, and a bunch of WA talent has gone East, so they mature before we take a run at them in 2-3 years when our draft picks mean nothing to us (as we are pushing the Freepeat).

In the words of Hans Landa, "It's a bingo!"

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This thread was buried 4 pages Deep needed a bump .

Come on purple people
It’s ok !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread was buried 4 pages Deep needed a bump .

Come on purple people
It’s ok !

Idk man, I know there were mostly positives but I'm not even capable of acknowledging them right now I'm that pissed.

Should have saved the bump for a couple of days... Or when we beat Port next week ;)

Idk man, I know there were mostly positives but I'm not even capable of acknowledging them right now I'm that pissed.

Should have saved the bump for a couple of days... Or when we beat Port next week ;)
I’m trying to not let it get to me man
Eats you alive otherwise

We challenged well and had a 3 game rookie up against a Coleman medalist and held them the whole game .

Positive signs in my eyes

My persistent 5yo son had me building lego during the second half, so I only had it on in the background. Meant I was less invested in this umpiring debacle.

Just watching the game now,

good thing for me in the first half is that good defence is not defensive football.

People confusing poor forward execution with an overriding defensive mind set.

We are defending very well, but also making the play. Some rough stuff entering forward fifty is making it look worse than it is eg Fyfe marking on 45 and passing to a 2 on 1 against.

He should take helm the shot regardless of his kicking prowess at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back