Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Dear Buddy,

I know my buddy curse has been hard to overcome this year, but you played like a 50+ gamer in only your 10th game and second back from injury. Your intercept marking was sublime and your kicking is un-freaking-believable. I am going to enjoy watching your foot tear open games and shred defenses for the next 10 years. Way to go, bud. You were my second best on ground today (that No. 8 was pretty handy…).

Love,
Your buddy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Suspect many players subconsciously expect him just to win it for us and maybe only give 99%. When he is not there, you get 100% from everyone.
the celtics used to win a lot without rondo during regular season. when asked about this kevin garnett was unconcerned. he believed during regular season people naturally slack. thus more pressure is put on rondo the ball handler. however without him, the team all had to do some cooking of there own.

summerthebat

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2007
Teenage Mountain
AFL Club
Fremantle
On average, I've been really low on the club this season... some really really poor performances that seemed effort based on the surface but I'm sure others would say that's an unfair accusation.

I guess my disappointment is loaded with expectations of this group given we've shown how well we can play at times, and for the most part being uncompetitive against the very best sides under Longmuir.

But watching last night's game from the couch, was the most fun I've had watching us in years. I would have hardly cared if we lost, because the structures held and the players put in consistently.

I'd love to get the perspective of people at the game last night, because the energy and general sense of 'fun' from the audience is palpable through the TV. I wouldn't discount the retro kit playing a part in the general energy as well. We had an identity at one point and seeing the crowd filled with purple, red & green was striking. This was supported by JLO after the game saying how much the players love the jumper and the pundits on First Crack gushing over it.

Last edited:
On average, I've been really low on the club this season... some really really poor performances that seemed effort based on the surface but I'm sure others would say that's an unfair accusation.

I guess my disappointment is loaded with expectations of this group given we've shown how well we can play at times, and for the most part being uncompetitive against the very best sides under Longmuir.

But watching last night's game from the couch, was the most fun I've had watching us in years. I would have hardly cared if we lost, because the structures held and the players put in consistently.

I'd love to get the perspective of people at the game last night, because the energy and general sense of 'fun' from the audience is palpable through the TV. I wouldn't discount the retro kit playing a part in the general energy as well. We had an identity at one point and seeing the crowd filled with purple, red & green was striking. This was supported by JLO after the game saying how much the players love the jump and the pundits on First Crack gushing over it.
The noise of “BAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!” every tackle in the last quarter was incredible. Must have been awesome at the game

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
The noise of “BAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!” every tackle in the last quarter was incredible. Must have been awesome at the game
It was.

Best atmosphere at Burswood for a long time. Especially good, given there weren't too many people there.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Winning without Fyfie is becoming a regular trend.
F..... knows why. ??
Because we are soooo much less predictable without him.
Fyfe is the best ball winner we’ve ever had but without him there AB, AC and CS are getting first use and they are all very good ball users in tight. If Fyfe is there you just know he’s going to take possession, draw two or three tacklers and then release it which has become quite predictable to the oppo.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
All the “foot soldiers” are putting their hands up, and standing up.

Treacy is only 18 !!!. Most KP players this age, are still learning how to tie their laces in the WAFL. He is getting his training on the job, in front of the masses.

Henry was one of the players “robbed” of a second tier footy season, last year. We all thought he could play, but his development has been stifled, and thus in a lot of respects, his playing experience is very much like a first year player (yes I know he was blooded last year).

Colyer & Schultz are playing to their strengths, and thriving.

Back