No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He never has torn up for Peel but he should. I see no reason why guys like Henry, Sturt, even Banfield, can tear it up for Peel but O'Driscoll can't.
It is what it is some players are like that. I’d prefer 15-18 of his possessions at AFL level over Henry’s 25-30.

i have squiggle finishing us up at 15th. Quite a downfall from 5 to 15th but personally I think this is the best 15th placed team in a long time and we'll see quite a rebound next year, particularly coming off a draw for a 15th placed team. Certainly has helped Adelaide and Essendon this year. Long pre-season too having September off. Next year will be far better in my opinion.

i have squiggle finishing us up at 15th. Quite a downfall from 5 to 15th but personally I think this is the best 15th placed team in a long time and we'll see quite a rebound next year, particularly coming off a draw for a 15th placed team. Certainly has helped Adelaide and Essendon this year. Long pre-season too having September off. Next year will be far better in my opinion.
Spot on
Need to take advantage of the easy draw though , unlike our first 6 games this year .
Hopefully not too much disruption in player movements at the end of season as well so JL knows what he is working with.

Last edited:

People are forgetting what club they support do you really think we’re gonna get an easy draw.
I have a theory they will double us up against other low rating opposition where possible.
I’ve noticed we seem to play brisbane twice a year on an all to regular basis recently. That’s two Sunday twilight games that AFL house can slot into the calendar early.

Geelong x 2 also seems quite common as it helps fill the quota of games at GHMBA for the cats.

People are forgetting what club they support do you really think we’re gonna get an easy draw.
Even if the AFL was actively trying to stitch us up, good luck to them actually being able to correctly pick 5 hard double ups.

Crows finished bottom 6 last year and their double ups are currently

1st
3rd
4th
7th
14th

Even if the AFL was actively trying to stitch us up, good luck to them actually being able to correctly pick 5 hard double ups.

Crows finished bottom 6 last year and their double ups are currently

1st
3rd
4th
7th
14th
Shows the double-ups are actually a lottery. In any case, the Derby gives us an in-built benefit over the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 22 under 22 thing is out for another year, and we have a league-leading five players up for contention!

The 22 under 22 thing is out for another year, and we have a league-leading five players up for contention!

And for those playing at home, 17 out of the 18 teams are represented in the shortlist of players.

Have a guess at which team missed out? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

And for those playing at home, 17 out of the 18 teams are represented in the shortlist of players.

Have a guess at which team missed out? I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I picked my team and of course put our 5 in and Dogga as captain 😂

Serious midfield talent in the squad. Not many key defenders of note though 🤔

Amiss is equal highest goal scorer in that group with Henry so easily deserves to make the 22.
Jackson will be first ruck selected out of that group
Supercoach is often a grood way to generally rate performances of mids (over straight disposals) and only Daicos is above Caleb so he should easily get in (possibly VC)
Young is showing the east what he is capable of beating Danger 1 on 1 week before last and doing the same to Neale (until he got moved back due to Hughes injury). Should get a half back position.
Don't expect Clark will make the 22.

My guess is those 4 and not just scraping through but among the first picked. Impressive and what we Freo supporters already knew we had.

It is what it is some players are like that. I’d prefer 15-18 of his possessions at AFL level over Henry’s 25-30.

You're looking at it with some serious rose coloured glasses, because apart from some goals on the run, Drizzy is a ball butcher

Isn’t is a fan based choice? If that’s the case Serong will get in, and possibly Jackson. Forget the others.
We always have good rep in here and Jackson is the biggest lock of the whole thing - look at the competition. I think all of Young, Serong, Jackson and Amiss will be in there personally

We always have good rep in here and Jackson is the biggest lock of the whole thing - look at the competition. I think all of Young, Serong, Jackson and Amiss will be in there personally
Yeah you’re probably right. Hope so. I just don’t trust the east coast crew to recognise much about us given our bottom 4 finish. Last year was different - finishing 5th, people noticed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back