No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching the game now,

good thing for me in the first half is that good defence is not defensive football.

People confusing poor forward execution with an overriding defensive mind set.

We are defending very well, but also making the play. Some rough stuff entering forward fifty is making it look worse than it is eg Fyfe marking on 45 and passing to a 2 on 1 against.

He should take helm the shot regardless of his kicking prowess at the moment

Agree completely.
We also had about 7 or 8 passes from wide in the defensive 50 on a 45 degree angle straight into the corridor - unfortunately pretty much every one of them were not well executed and got intercepted.
Even a couple of those come off and we likely still win but more importantly shows that we’re not playing an entirely defensive game plan. We’re just currently better at executing the defensive stuff than the attacking part at the moment.
It will come, when we put all together watch out!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I still believe Freo are under rated and the weekend's game being overshadowed by the last 10 minutes, could make other clubs naively believe we are not a threat
They already knew we were a threat, even crazy Vossy did that's why they defended the middle so heavily and in depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only positive i can find is we played on friday night, so that means at least saturday/sunday was able to do something instead of pacing around waiting for the game to start then getting pissed off cause we lost again, at least could get all those things over with on friday night

The positve from Firday night is the boys are real humans who have emotions and compassion for a friend

Now over the coming weeks. use that passion to fire up and beat the best teams.

Was never going to happen 24hours after the news

But i am postive they will use it to fire themselves up

The positve from Firday night is the boys are real humans who have emotions and compassion for a friend

Now over the coming weeks. use that passion to fire up and beat the best teams.

Was never going to happen 24hours after the news

But i am postive they will use it to fire themselves up
and it has more of us talking about mental health

mental health still needs more than words :(

spending more money on the professionals is not really the answer some think it is

Having been in that dark place and forced to have those professionals telling me how to handle life was the worst part of my life.

To paraphrase one of the Professionals " .. harden up princess, bad things happen in life so get used to it ... here take more of these pills"

Family and especially friends are the best way of getting out of deep dark holes. Not always rely on the money being spent on the health system. Step up and be there for your loved ones.

To many family and freinds dont listen as they think they not trained and just give the lonely people a phone number to call.

Show love to ones you love. Let them know they are treasured and needed.

Johnson is a real positive for me.
Breaking tackles and looking a player now.

Johnson is coming along nicely. I like the way he takes the tackle before passing off the ball. He doesn't try to sell any candy or step around the tackler but just gets them to commit before getting the ball on. Looking good.

Quite a few positives and pieces falling into place this year.

1) Sharp has nailed down his position on the wing. Lock him in. He scores goals, is speedy, long kick, above average quality disposal, very good Mainwairing like evasion skills and holds his width. We found one.

2) the Big Kahuna: lock him in for ten years. I dont care if we get McDonald or another big forward, we can find a use for someone who can kick 55m straight and is aggressive, reasonably mobile and is starting to bully third defenders.

3) Brandon Walker: After his mare at the G in 22 followed by his injury, I was not sure if he could ever recover. physically but more importantly mentally. I reckon he is now averaging only one shocker Cat 3 per game now and I bet it wont be long before he is putting together runs of flawless games. His lockdown has improved and his speed and fleet footedness on the weekend were second only to Freddy at his best. Could be a game breaker in another year or so if JLo can fully nurture his confidence and unbelievable untapped level of skill. Hes gonna make it, lock him in.

4) Josh Draper: It will take at least one more preseason but this guy will be able to do a Heath Chapman role for us soon. Maybe not a lock just yet but watch this space.

5) Johnson: I`ve seen enough. Play this kid the rest of the year unless he physically needs a rest. Pump the games in, he will be an above average player.

Now for a goal kicking speedy mid, an elite small forward and a goal kicking half forward connector and we should be set!!.

We still are building the makings of an elite football club for the future, you can see all of the pieces developing right in front of our eyes, only a matter of time before it clicks perfectly.

spending more money on the professionals is not really the answer some think it is

Having been in that dark place and forced to have those professionals telling me how to handle life was the worst part of my life.

To paraphrase one of the Professionals " .. harden up princess, bad things happen in life so get used to it ... here take more of these pills"

Family and especially friends are the best way of getting out of deep dark holes. Not always rely on the money being spent on the health system. Step up and be there for your loved ones.

To many family and freinds dont listen as they think they not trained and just give the lonely people a phone number to call.

Show love to ones you love. Let them know they are treasured and needed.

It's so sad to read that you had this experience with the health system. Any health professional dealing with a mental health patient that delivers any version of 'harden up' or simply looks to treat with medicating rather than treating holistically shouldn't be allowed to practice in this space.

You are absolutely right about the critical importance of loved ones, but there are times when legitimate professional support from appropiately skilled and qualified mental health practioners is needed as well. The best outcomes are delivered by both working together to provide a support network and safety net.

Got the formation of a pretty good footy team, bit more elite talent from the draft. Coach who will be coaching for his life, next year I feel the team will be threatening. Not this year unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back