Rumour The possibility of a board challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I must admit, I’ve never been one to take much of an interest in the off field workings of boards however there’s been rumours that a new ticket is positioning itself to make a play if nothing changes regarding the football department.

This guy has been mooted as a potential player:
Andrew Shostak; CEO of Stratosphere Agency, in the media/advertisement business with deep pockets.

Has anybody heard of this bloke, does he post on Bigfooty & is a board challenge needed for us to move forward?

Is there any other potential players out there? Warne? Bana?

Last edited:

I must admit, I’ve never been one to take much of an interest in the off field workings of boards however there’s been rumours on here, SS & other internet/social media platforms that a new ticket is positioning itself to make a play if nothing changes regarding the football department.

This campaigner has been mooted as a potential player:
Andrew Shostak; CEO of Stratosphere Agency, in the media/advertisement business with deep pockets.

A cursory look at Shostak’s Twitter & he’s St Kilda through & through, is feeling the pain of our current predicament & is linked to a number of key figures at the club, most notably GOAT!

Has anybody heard of this campaigner, does he post on Bigfooty & is a board challenge needed for us to move forward?

Is there any other potential players out there? Warne? Bana?
Lol pretty good ear you have mate.

His business partner is a big player at Hawthorn at the moment. Both of them ruthless businessmen and something I reckon we need.

Don't think it's going to happen. Summers comments and the way Richo responded to them did catch me off guard a little bit though. Has placed an enormous amount of pressure on him and the playing group, it smacks of 'you have 13 games to show me what you can do with this list and prove you're the right man going forward', which generally only ends with one result. I back us to come good eventually but we are an absolute shambles at the moment.

Bloody well hope they know what they're doing because this has the potential to completely * us.

the squeeze is going to come from both sides. coach and then board which will move into the CEO.

tbh i think there's more pressure on Finnis now than the President or board.
No chance
Finnis has achieved more at this club than the last few CEO s put together.
Nettlfold f$#ked this club when it should have been taking advantage of its position on the ladder .
Finnis has prob made one mistake and that is the re signing of richo too early . Even that isn't proven 100% yet .

No chance
Finnis has achieved more at this club than the last few CEO s put together.
Nettlfold f$#ked this club when it should have been taking advantage of its position on the ladder .
Finnis has prob made one mistake and that is the re signing of richo too early . Even that isn't proven 100% yet .

Finnis is responsible for the day to day. he's the one reporting to the board. if the wrong people are appointed or the wrong contracts are put in place or the wrong expectation is set, thats on him, not the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finnis is responsible for the day to day. he's the one reporting to the board. if the wrong people are appointed or the wrong contracts are put in place or the wrong expectation is set, thats on him, not the board.
I would have thought the head of football manager and CEO is responsible for the coaches (lethlean and finnis) with Finnis approving whatever % of money available to spend on them. I agree the wrong expectation has been presented to supporters at the start of the season to get members and sponsors thru the door . Those high expectations have backfired though so trust is lost. Not sure whether that was richo talking us up because he actually believed it or he was told to talk us up.

Prople are saying the expectations were way blown out but i disagree.
Weve been rebuilding for a while now and young players looked better developed in previous years. We finished just outside the 8 2 years in a row.
Last year lots were saying Joey and Roo were over it and we shouldnt play them anyway.
Maybe top 4 was a bit ambitious but to fall to bottom 3 is to be considered a huge fail. And their going to be rightly held accountable.
Im still shocked with the latest rumours. Never thought theyd move on Richo yhis season. But you never know now.

Every key position at the club is under review at the moment. It’s a real s**t place to be internally.

You all got told weeks ago about potential board room challenges. I don’t know who, but if it is Andrew then he better have a serious team with him.

Not as s**t as going to Etihad to watch us play

I would have thought the head of football manager and CEO is responsible for the coaches (lethlean and finnis) with Finnis approving whatever % of money available to spend on them. I agree the wrong expectation has been presented to supporters at the start of the season to get members and sponsors thru the door . Those high expectations have backfired though so trust is lost. Not sure whether that was richo talking us up because he actually believed it or he was told to talk us up.

because its exactly what the expectation should be.

seriously how long should it take to make the 4? we are now in our 7th season of a rebuild. i'd argue we had enough to look at last year that the football dept aren't going to get it done. if anything richo should have been sacked then.

but maybe thats it, maybe summers knew that, maybe we wanted to put in a strong football person to rebuild it in his image. so maybe richo was kept on, backed in and if it back fired he gets removed, with a minimal payout. meanwhile appoint the new football dept boss and start moving it in the right direction.

at the end of the day finnis is responsible for the football dept performance since 2014. he's been there long enough to implement the change he wanted. its been a very stable football dept despite the results.

Prople are saying the expectations were way blown out but i disagree.
Weve been rebuilding for a while now and young players looked better developed in previous years. We finished just outside the 8 2 years in a row.
Last year lots were saying Joey and Roo were over it and we shouldnt play them anyway.
Maybe top 4 was a bit ambitious but to fall to bottom 3 is to be considered a huge fail. And their going to be rightly held accountable.
Im still shocked with the latest rumours. Never thought theyd move on Richo yhis season. But you never know now.
I think the expectations aren’t blown out of proportion because the Club made us think the way we think and they gave us the actual year they thought we would be in a top 4 position etc as apart of their goals.

Where I think a lot of us as fans are going wrong is overrating our list entirely, I think we thought some players were going to be a lot better than they are right now, also being almost the best we’ve been since 2010 in year 3 of our rebuild missing finals by % didn’t help, we exceeded expectations that year much like north are this season.

because its exactly what the expectation should be.

seriously how long should it take to make the 4? we are now in our 7th season of a rebuild. i'd argue we had enough to look at last year that the football dept aren't going to get it done. if anything richo should have been sacked then.

but maybe thats it, maybe summers knew that, maybe we wanted to put in a strong football person to rebuild it in his image. so maybe richo was kept on, backed in and if it back fired he gets removed, with a minimal payout. meanwhile appoint the new football dept boss and start moving it in the right direction.

at the end of the day finnis is responsible for the football dept performance since 2014. he's been there long enough to implement the change he wanted. its been a very stable football dept despite the results.

Doesn’t matter if you are in your hundredth year. Before you come out with statements you need to look at the list. We added no players apart from kids and lost joey and roo. How were we going to be a top 4 side.

And they would really sign him on for the reasons you gave. Not. Makes the club look incompetent and the board completely stupid and we have no idea of the payout anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this "Roo and Joey retired, no wonder we've gone crap". In 2008, Harvey retired - that didn't lead to the wheels falling off, it led to a bunch of youngish players who had about 100ish games under their belt STEPPING UP, and taking us to a Grand Final.

All this "Roo and Joey retired, no wonder we've gone crap". In 2008, Harvey retired - that didn't lead to the wheels falling off, it led to a bunch of youngish players who had about 100ish games under their belt STEPPING UP, and taking us to a Grand Final.

Have you seen the class of players we had then to now. Completely different scenario

Every key position at the club is under review at the moment. It’s a real s**t place to be internally.

You all got told weeks ago about potential board room challenges. I don’t know who, but if it is Andrew then he better have a serious team with him.
Good. It's that sort of tension that eliminates the weak/underperforming and which ultimately should mean they are replaced with competent staff.

Have you seen the class of players we had then to now. Completely different scenario

I don't think we have the first darn clue about how good the current batch of players could be, if they were coached better: I'd suggest most would agree, that on draft talent alone, they should be playing better than they are right now, given standard rates of development.

But alright, what about the list changes that occurred at the end of 2003? Those young players were much maligned by many fans, then in 2004 they were playing in a Prelim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back