Rumour The possibility of a board challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Been that way since 2016. Western Bulldogs are another.

No idea how a sports journalist with a bad reputation would be granted access to our financial situation before they have been finalised.

We've broken our membership record and have a much better deal with Etihad now.

Only negative that I can see would be our attendances for home games have gone down ~7,000 on average from 2017 (31,410 per home game in 2017 to 24,178 in 2018) but context is key and whilst it doesn't look great you need to look at who we've played so far at home this year...Brisbane, Adelaide, GWS, Melbourne, Collingwood and Sydney. Four out of the six are interstate sides and out of those six sides you can really only say that Collingwood draws a big crowd...and for that game we had 34,000 attend.

Wouldn't be surprised if we actually post another profit this year to be quite honest.

Barrett gets told rumour and then passes it off as fact. Has done so for years. Going to club luncheons and knowing people working for us doesn't mean what he is saying is legitimate. We would never allow someone like him to know the inner workings of our football department and more broadly our football club.
I long for the day when we have a coach, who looks at our under-performing players the way Bevo looks at Damian Barrett.

How would a board challenge actually work?

Example: Group steps out of the shadows and wants to overthrow the current board.

What are the next steps between that and successfully doing it?
Come out guns blazing from the Linton St car park.

Don't worry mate. We have special plans for you and your fruit shop.

Meet me in Footscray rd at 3am to pick up your tumble dryer...
Where were you maaaan?
Brought my trailer, had it hooked up to my Valiant.
Prob for the best. Place was crawling with the fuzz...
They were all over me, When i jumped out of the car proclaiming
Say Hello to My Little Friend!

Was merely taking a piss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back