Rumour The possibility of a board challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch this space.
Okay I tried that, but it just meant my eyes were glued on Page 2 and I was missing all the good new stuff that people were posting elsewhere :mad:

I'm done! :rolleyes:

Barret sitting at night in the Moorabbin parking lot waiting for the board members to leave so he can ask them a question isnt exactly what someone with a close relationship and inside sources at the club would do.
this .....
and its acts like this that put Purple on the black list .... even the interview Summers gave that night was a nothing interview without any information at all ....
yes Purple breaks heaps of stuff happening with the saints but how much of it actually happens to be true ?

who is aparently Purples best friend ? i know for 100% fact my source is credible

this .....
and its acts like this that put Purple on the black list .... even the interview Summers gave that night was a nothing interview without any information at all ....
yes Purple breaks heaps of stuff happening with the saints but how much of it actually happens to be true ?

who is aparently Purples best friend ? i know for 100% fact my source is credible

Purple has friends?

Love that Purple has the inside info on our financials.

Think I'll wait till our P & L is announced.
P &L means SFA.

Again I ask, what debt?

Operating?
Capital?

Current? Non Current?

What is the cash flow?

And how can he pronounce this as we don't know what the AFL will provide.

If he has fallen for an interim forecast he is a bigger financial dill than anyone listening to him.
The books may be diabolacle but will reserve my call to sack anyone until the published financial reports are audited and signed off, thanks very much.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Purple has friends?
Yes, but they're all stooges

2m5fexv.jpg

i think like your name suggests you are stuck in the 70's ...... Luke Ball made the move that was best for him ... Ross Lyon didnt rate him after our clubs resorces destroyed himso instead of staying where he wasnt valued he went where he was ... smart bloke is Luke Ball realised footy is a short period of a whole life so he looked after himself to make the most of that short time ..... the fact we got nothing for him is more a negative view on our club not being able to manufacture a deal ....
Luke Ball smart boy from Xavier therefore Simon Lethleen also Xav boy must be smart as well. Just a coincidence.

that's the potential challenger?
Once bitten twice shy. He has passion and will get on the front foot with stuff which I like just not sure how really competent he really is.

BTW it is easy from the cheap seats never been where he is so this is just my opinion no first hand knowledge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's open knowledge. He is far from blacklisted from our club. Summers was interviewed by him less than 2 months ago. Might be time to question that source.

Strange that he seems to have the breaking stories coming out of our club then.
Have you forgotten how he reported live on national TV last year that Sean Dempster was walking away from the club because he cracked the shits at not being selected for Round 1 and refused to play VFL, even outright said it was not injury related, and then a week later Sean retired due to concussion issues. Sean and Richo both smashed his report, and even after his retirement and the reason for it came out Barrett still arrogantly wouldn't apologize or back down.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...riticism-about-his-reporting-on-sean-dempster

Or how about the year before where he once again reported live on national TV that Carlisle was going to sue St Kilda FC because we didn't want to pay his wages during his Essendon supplements saga suspension? Whatever came of that? Also said that Jake had made no personal connections with anyone at the club during his short time there, and that the club had no knowledge of the hip surgery he had done on his year off. All proven to be 100% bullshit.

Strange that you are defending him when you created a thread 2 years ago bashing him for his incorrect reporting of the club?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/enoughs-enough-barrett-damian.1129785/

Have you forgotten how he reported live on national TV last year that Sean Dempster was walking away from the club because he cracked the shits at not being selected for Round 1 and refused to play VFL, even outright said it was not injury related, and then a week later Sean retired due to concussion issues. Sean and Richo both smashed his report, and even after his retirement and the reason for it came out Barrett still arrogantly wouldn't apologize or back down.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...riticism-about-his-reporting-on-sean-dempster

Or how about the year before where he once again reported live on national TV that Carlisle was going to sue St Kilda FC because we didn't want to pay his wages during his Essendon supplements saga suspension? Whatever came of that? Also said that Jake had made no personal connections with anyone at the club during his short time there, and that the club had no knowledge of the hip surgery he had done on his year off. All proven to be 100% bullshit.

Strange that you are defending him when you created a thread 2 years ago bashing him for his incorrect reporting of the club?

wasn't that my original comment:
"The only thing he is guilty of is exploiting the clubs no comment to frame the narrative he wants."

the detail changed but the overall story was correct, dempster never played another game and retired. he said he was considering retirement. well he did retire and he was considering it. the detail he made up and got wrong or was informed wrong was that it was due to not being named. what he did though was form the narrative he wanted, the more dramatic one, because the club could not and would not comment on it.

on the jake carlisle incident, again the same thing, jake was launching legal action, but it was against essendon. not st kilda.

my view on him has changed, i used to think he was absolutely full of s**t and making it up. but after listening to his podcast and knowing he has had stories he hasn't run with (like the lyon harrassment one) and how it all works it has changed my opinion on him somewhat. i do still think he's a slime ball because he exploits situations to his own advantage and is willing to let the truth waver in that. but to say he has no info coming from st kilda is wrong IMO. he's betting getting info out of there quite regularly.

no one else had the geary story
no one else had the carlisle story
no one else had the roberton contract talks story last year
he had the riewoldt retirement and jumper retirement story

to say he is black listed is flat out wrong, i mean he's worked with the club before, just last year:
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-05-10/2017-business-sport-luncheon

"The only thing he is guilty of is exploiting the clubs no comment to frame the narrative he wants."

the detail changed but the overall story was correct, dempster never played another game and retired. he said he was considering retirement. well he did retire and he was considering it. the detail he made up and got wrong or was informed wrong was that it was due to not being named. what he did though was form the narrative he wanted, the more dramatic one, because the club could not and would not comment on it.

on the jake carlisle incident, again the same thing, jake was launching legal action, but it was against essendon. not st kilda.

my view on him has changed, i used to think he was absolutely full of s**t and making it up. but after listening to his podcast and knowing he has had stories he hasn't run with (like the lyon harrassment one) and how it all works it has changed my opinion on him somewhat. i do still think he's a slime ball because he exploits situations to his own advantage and is willing to let the truth waver in that. but to say he has no info coming from st kilda is wrong IMO. he's betting getting info out of there quite regularly.

to say he is black listed is flat out wrong, i mean he's worked with the club before, just last year:
Does not detract from the fact he cannot possibly know the year end P&L in June and that 'debt' is climbing without detailing what debt, and what effect this has from a financial perspective.

I don't know why you continue with posting about Financials when the information is incomplete and cherry picked to give a false impression.

It is just wrong and mischievous.

Does not detract from the fact he cannot possibly know the year end P&L in June and that 'debt' is climbing without detailing what debt, and what effect this has from a financial perspective.

I don't know why you continue with posting about Financials when the information is incomplete and cherry picked to give a false impression.

It is just wrong and mischievous.

i dunno mate ask him

maybe he knows of an internal forecast based on the assumption richo and a bunch of people are made redundant?

there's a fair bit of shoot the messenger going on here. you're posting like i personally made the comment.

all i'm saying is i wouldnt be so flippant with what he says. he is not in the game of just blatantly making stuff up without being provided information, yes he exploits a no comment, but he's always got at-least something credible on the table to run with the story.

i dunno mate ask him

maybe he knows of an internal forecast based on the assumption richo and a bunch of people are made redundant?

there's a fair bit of shoot the messenger going on here. you're posting like i personally made the comment.

all i'm saying is i wouldnt be so flippant with what he says. he is not in the game of just blatantly making stuff up without being provided information, yes he exploits a no comment, but he's always got at-least something credible on the table to run with the story.
No you posted the comment and concluded Finn is needed to be sacked because of it.

Unless Barrett is privy to Financial information saved in the AFL databases from the Saints ERP ( I know exactly how eight AFL clubs manage their financials and the ERP used), and he has a done a detailed forecast based on future Revenue projections, two things he would have no possible way of knowing, then his figures are just made up.

How he can project a loss in June when Fin Year end is not even here is laughable.

For you to use incomplete data to demand Finnis resign is ludicrous from a Financial perspective.

Please stop. It is ignorance bordering on willfull recklessness.

ive heard from a very reliable source that Barret along with two other journos are on a somewhat black list that the club will deliberatly keep them at arms lenght and only give them info that they want to be broadcasted ... there certainly is journos we allow a much more closer relationship too but Purple is not one of them
Been that way since 2016. Western Bulldogs are another.

No idea how a sports journalist with a bad reputation would be granted access to our financial situation before they have been finalised.

We've broken our membership record and have a much better deal with Etihad now.

Only negative that I can see would be our attendances for home games have gone down ~7,000 on average from 2017 (31,410 per home game in 2017 to 24,178 in 2018) but context is key and whilst it doesn't look great you need to look at who we've played so far at home this year...Brisbane, Adelaide, GWS, Melbourne, Collingwood and Sydney. Four out of the six are interstate sides and out of those six sides you can really only say that Collingwood draws a big crowd...and for that game we had 34,000 attend.

Wouldn't be surprised if we actually post another profit this year to be quite honest.

Barrett gets told rumour and then passes it off as fact. Has done so for years. Going to club luncheons and knowing people working for us doesn't mean what he is saying is legitimate. We would never allow someone like him to know the inner workings of our football department and more broadly our football club.

The club and Dempster should have sued the s**t out of barret for that.

Would have gotten rid of the debt too as an additional side benifit :rainbow:

ok lets get your last statement straight first ... Purple got that gig because thats who Gill wanted to interview him .. not cause St Kilda wanted him for the job ...

with the dempster story we had a player who was a walk up start best 22 all of a sudden out of the team with no explaination .. any idiot can put two and tow together in that situation and see that something was up... Purple in true Purple fashion took it as an opportunity to slang mud in our direction and pump up his credentials as a news breaker ... turned out he was wrong Dempster was not pissed at the club and anyone with a conection to the club would have know this as a fact ...

the Jake story again shows how far removed from the club he is when he hears a whisper of a legal action yet cant even get against what club it was... if he had any connection with the club then he wouldnt have been that far off the actual story...

Geary story i got no idea what story are you talking about ...
the Roberton contract ... i doubt anyone else cared as its hardly a story

Rooey retiring i can tell you i personally knew this was the case before Purple did as the planning and leg work for the Book launch was well on the way .. the fact is most people knew it was coming but out of respect held this info until Roo was ready to announce it .. Purple again being out of the clubs loop caught wind from others that the retirment was happening and then took it on himself to "break" the news everyone was sitting on.... again shows he has no connection...

again ill ask who is this so called best friend he has at the club ? you state it like its common knowledge but we havent had a name mentioned ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back