Rumour The possibility of a board challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

ok lets get your last statement straight first ... Purple got that gig because thats who Gill wanted to interview him .. not cause St Kilda wanted him for the job ...

with the dempster story we had a player who was a walk up start best 22 all of a sudden out of the team with no explaination .. any idiot can put two and tow together in that situation and see that something was up... Purple in true Purple fashion took it as an opportunity to slang mud in our direction and pump up his credentials as a news breaker ... turned out he was wrong Dempster was not pissed at the club and anyone with a conection to the club would have know this as a fact ...

the Jake story again shows how far removed from the club he is when he hears a whisper of a legal action yet cant even get against what club it was... if he had any connection with the club then he wouldnt have been that far off the actual story...

Geary story i got no idea what story are you talking about ...
the Roberton contract ... i doubt anyone else cared as its hardly a story

Rooey retiring i can tell you i personally knew this was the case before Purple did as the planning and leg work for the Book launch was well on the way .. the fact is most people knew it was coming but out of respect held this info until Roo was ready to announce it .. Purple again being out of the clubs loop caught wind from others that the retirment was happening and then took it on himself to "break" the news everyone was sitting on.... again shows he has no connection...

again ill ask who is this so called best friend he has at the club ? you state it like its common knowledge but we havent had a name mentioned ....
I think he's talking about Danny Frawley.

on this other note of a supposed iminent board challange... if this is as some are saying is going to happen then it is certain to fail as the very first thing before you launch a successful challange is to get the support of the challange from the members ... when the Footy First ticket launched its bid to spill Butterss the first thing they did was hit the members with their vision and theirreasoning for the board spill this included supporter groups (we had Burkey and Thommo fly to Perth and meet with us face to face).. by the time the board challange took place the footy first ticket had such support it wasnt even a challange.. the idea that some back room sniper group can come in and successfully take over without any plan or consult of the members is madness ... thats why i dont believe there is a spill imminent cause no foundation work has been made as yet ...

so if these faceless challangers are really out there then step out of the shaddows and put forward your plan so we the members can decide if you are the right path .. if not quietly F off and let the club do its work

just over a month ago ... since then we have had two home games so unless we took an absoulute caning from the ticket sales i doubt much has changed
I reckon we would have done well dollars wise out of the last 2 home games.

The average was 30,780,

V Pies:33,994.

V Syd:27,569.

Against the Pies....there were a lot of their fans that night...….so that's gen admission and reserved seat sales

Against Syd....there were a heap of Syd supporters there last Sat night.....again...gen admission and res seat sales.

There seemed to be a lot of Syd fans sitting on level 1...….I'm assuming most would have had reserved seats.

Syd have a very big Melb supporter base.

P &L means SFA.
Spot on Joffaboy….....that was just my throw away line in response to an earlier post regarding our financials.....the "scoop" by Purple.

Was glancing at today's Hun in my travels...…..our good mate Ralphy was again quoting the "magical" 10 Mill debt number.

Was standing there just shaking my head....here we go again!

Yes, but they're all stooges
emoji6.png
Gold by you yet again Dr !

P &L means SFA.

Again I ask, what debt?

Operating?
Capital?

Current? Non Current?

What is the cash flow?

And how can he pronounce this as we don't know what the AFL will provide.

If he has fallen for an interim forecast he is a bigger financial dill than anyone listening to him.
The books may be diabolacle but will reserve my call to sack anyone until the published financial reports are audited and signed off, thanks very much.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Go you good thing.

on this other note of a supposed iminent board challange... if this is as some are saying is going to happen then it is certain to fail as the very first thing before you launch a successful challange is to get the support of the challange from the members ... when the Footy First ticket launched its bid to spill Butterss the first thing they did was hit the members with their vision and theirreasoning for the board spill this included supporter groups (we had Burkey and Thommo fly to Perth and meet with us face to face).. by the time the board challange took place the footy first ticket had such support it wasnt even a challange.. the idea that some back room sniper group can come in and successfully take over without any plan or consult of the members is madness ... thats why i dont believe there is a spill imminent cause no foundation work has been made as yet ...

so if these faceless challangers are really out there then step out of the shaddows and put forward your plan so we the members can decide if you are the right path .. if not quietly F off and let the club do its work

Any challenge should come at season's end and they had better have a decent coach lined up / locked in if that's what they aim to do.

Only negative that I can see would be our attendances for home games have gone down ~7,000 on average from 2017 (31,410 per home game in 2017 to 24,178 in 2018) but
It would be interesting to see how many of the decreased home attendances are Saints fans who have already paid for memberships and reserved seats but just don't go to the game......the crowd numbers are down but a portion of that is members/seat holders where the money is already "in the bank"

I only wonder this due to the crowd around us(level 1 seats) is getting smaller by the home game.

Having a glance around on Sat night....there weren't many regulars there.

Wouldn't be surprised if we actually post another profit this year to be quite honest.
It would not surprise me either George.

-2018 sponsorship dollars would be locked in(including the 200K from Reflex for AFLW sponsorship that was recently announced)

-Membership dollars already in the bank plus all installment membership dollars as the season rolls on.

-5 more home games against Melb clubs.

The one area where we still may take a hit is Merch sales.

Hopefully they do well at Etihad with the truck and a few outlets and we're suffering a little with no Merch outlet at RSEA.

The merch shop will be located in Phase 2 of Stage 1 which won't be finished until November.

How would a board challenge actually work?

Example: Group steps out of the shadows and wants to overthrow the current board.

What are the next steps between that and successfully doing it?

ok lets get your last statement straight first ... Purple got that gig because thats who Gill wanted to interview him .. not cause St Kilda wanted him for the job ...

with the dempster story we had a player who was a walk up start best 22 all of a sudden out of the team with no explaination .. any idiot can put two and tow together in that situation and see that something was up... Purple in true Purple fashion took it as an opportunity to slang mud in our direction and pump up his credentials as a news breaker ... turned out he was wrong Dempster was not pissed at the club and anyone with a conection to the club would have know this as a fact ...

the Jake story again shows how far removed from the club he is when he hears a whisper of a legal action yet cant even get against what club it was... if he had any connection with the club then he wouldnt have been that far off the actual story...

Geary story i got no idea what story are you talking about ...
the Roberton contract ... i doubt anyone else cared as its hardly a story

Rooey retiring i can tell you i personally knew this was the case before Purple did as the planning and leg work for the Book launch was well on the way .. the fact is most people knew it was coming but out of respect held this info until Roo was ready to announce it .. Purple again being out of the clubs loop caught wind from others that the retirment was happening and then took it on himself to "break" the news everyone was sitting on.... again shows he has no connection...

again ill ask who is this so called best friend he has at the club ? you state it like its common knowledge but we havent had a name mentioned ....

danny frawley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is it a case of biding time? getting everything organised? waiting for the counter argument to get weaker?

No you posted the comment and concluded Finn is needed to be sacked because of it.

Unless Barrett is privy to Financial information saved in the AFL databases from the Saints ERP ( I know exactly how eight AFL clubs manage their financials and the ERP used), and he has a done a detailed forecast based on future Revenue projections, two things he would have no possible way of knowing, then his figures are just made up.

How he can project a loss in June when Fin Year end is not even here is laughable.

For you to use incomplete data to demand Finnis resign is ludicrous from a Financial perspective.

Please stop. It is ignorance bordering on willfull recklessness.

how in the * is it reckless?

Example: Group steps out of the shadows and wants to overthrow the current board.

Need a 100 members for a special GM were votes and proxies are counted for candidates for the board.
triggering bro as pres
Bobb cobb as CEO and special indigeneous liaison
VDS as consilaidre
Sunny1993 as CFO
Me as highly paid contractor
Drake as chief recruiter
Choomah as pinga dealer.
We all take turns as selection committee
Impatient Saint as coach

Indie....re st_trav's post above...post number 127.

how in the **** is it reckless?
Because you want the CEO sacked on falsehoods.

I spelt it out for you. If you can't understand even basic accounting, that's not my fault.
Just don't sound surprised when you are schooled on mistruth and basing conclusions on ignorance and wild guesses.

Pretty sure they need a petition signed by a minimum number of members to call the meeting...
From memory VDS66....the Footy First ticket put out their info by mail which included the petition.

I think they snagged 7,000 signatures......Butterss then knew the gig was up and the board along with Butterss stepped aside

Need a 100 members for a special GM were votes and proxies are counted for candidates for the board.
triggering bro as pres
Bobb cobb as CEO and special indigeneous liaison
VDS as consilaidre
Sunny1993 as CFO
Me as highly paid contractor
Drake as chief recruiter
Choomah as pinga dealer.
We all take turns as selection committee
Impatient Saint as coach

I'm deeply offended i didn't get a gig!
But after taking another look at the list
i can see i'm prob the first in line to get wacked!
If Choomah is still in jail, i'm prepared to take over as pinga dealer!

I'm deeply offended i didn't get a gig!
But after taking another look at the list
i can see i'm prob the first in line to get wacked!
If Choomah is still in jail, i'm prepared to take over as pinga dealer!
You and nanganator can part time the illicit drugs for board night and selection committee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back