The possibility of Essendon innocence: a travesty of justice or conspiracy theory for the ages?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure this isn't new though. They made the same argument at the time. i vaguely remember people using 'the wayback machine' internet archive checker to see when ASADA changed their website.
I may have missed that stuff, this was actually the first time I recall hearing about changing the website the day before self reporting.
The FOI request for searches/results on the ASADA website is dated January 2015 so I guess this info has been known since at least then.

Remember when Fruce paid for Martin Hardie to fly up to Fruce's house and then Martin paid out on poor old Fruce's microwaved meals, then Fruce hit back by pointing out that he's disabled so not exactly up to spending hours in the kitchen?
Hahahaha.

I was literally about to post about that very incident!

Ahhh memories.

manboob

May 13, 2015

Reside there can confirm as 100% true. Typical day.

6am: wake up
6:30am: brisk jog to the alps and back
7am: coffee and chocolate
8am: check Nazi gold is still intact
9am: eat more chocolate
10am: work on cuckoo clock design
10:30- 7pm: plot ways we can deny natural justice to Australia men
7:30pm: buy new watch
8pm: dinner of melted cheese and chocolate
9pm: scan "Süd Schweiz natürlichen Gerechtigkeit Denial täglich" Switzerland's best selling paper
10pm: bed and bath (and remember no flushing the toilet after 11pm!)

I've attached a photo of yesterday's paper.

Anything Essendon can get bigfooty foaming up in 1 second. Lucky we're s**t. You wouldn't have a site to post on if we won a premiership. Servers would explode.

That comment is what’s in question here. Did they? I said years ago this whole annihilation of Essendon was a travesty of justice, and some innocent people got hammered and destroyed and one tried to kill himself. You don,t have to be Robbo to look closely, that’s his job, I certainly don,t follow Essendon by a long shot!

Zealots in ASADA were after a guilty ! no matter what ! they were prepared on flawed evidence to infer that this was a terrible drug crime or issue.
Whether Danks was crooked or on the edge is of no relevance to 34 young men who had their careers put on hold in what they may have thought was fine, and hell maybe it was?? How the hell would we know, with how that whole Essendon saga was investigated and carried out, most comments on this forum were from hatred aimed at Essendon from opposition“supporter wise” haters who loved it!
Every one thought they were guilty those 34 players well that’s in dispute now what ever you want to believe as it always was, THEY SELF REPORTED THEMSELVES ESSENDON!
May as well put a gun to their own heads?

But to mangle people’s careers when they did not know in most cases or all cases what they were given and that it may not have been banned when they used it ! Then there is the doubt in capitals!!!
Doubt much more than reasonable doubt just plain doubt ,guilt by association and probably over kill on behalf of the investigator.
I expect to see some pretty heavy law court cases coming out of this, maybe we might hear from Danks as well when the litigation begins.
Andy and Gil might have to answer some questions too, This might be the end of this mob of AFL idiotic commissioners and rule makers.!!!!!!!!!
Oh and game killers!

34 players , were crucified, and ASADA had to go to Europe for crying out loud to get a kill shot.
WADA got them. Not ASADA.

Given the questionable benefits of TB-4 as a performance enhancing agent, I think we can safely say that it's got little to do with their current performance. The club was pushing the grey areas of PEDs, not injecting steroids and EPO.
They were mixing TB4 with AOD and the other one. Dank and his anti-aging mate knew it mimicked HGH.

The anti-aging creep literally did a preso in the US spruiking it.

They thought they'd discovered a legal way to cheat.

They just didn't realise TB4 was banned.

All this TB4 not on the prohibited list talk brings back memories of Dank's emails to WADA about AOD906.

WADA's research and prohibited listings manager Irene Mazzoni replied:
"Dear Steve, as I mentioned during our telephone conversation you should contact your national anti doping organisation, in this case ASADA, as certain drug preparations may differ between countries, such seems to be the case with AOD-9604.
"Please be aware that there is a section in the prohibited list S0 - that deals with non approved substances.
"Therefore even if the substances or similar substances do not appear listed it does not automatically mean the substance is permitted."

Dank then allegedly replied:
"Thank you for your reply and confirmation that the product or any related product does not appear on any prohibited list."

Mazzoni: "I could not find that it had been approved by any government or regulatory authority.
"That's why I say to contact ASADA to check its status in Australia."

I would of thought it'd be in both the AFL's and Essendon's interests to see the back of this whole saga. It can't change anything.

But isn’t the issue here that ASADA and the investigators alledgedly changed the word ’Thymosin’ (legal substance) to ’Thymosin Beta 4’ (illegal substance) in the transcripts and reports?

The issue here is about an alleged effort by those running the investigation to manipulate the wording of the supplement (evidence) in the investigation to frame an argument. IF this is true, this interference is giving rise to the assertion the players were ‘stitched up’. Thats the central issue with all this...
'Thymosins' are a range of proteins.

It's like saying you took 'vitamins'. There's heaps of them, and they do different s**t.

'Thymosin' isn't legal. It's not even a specific thing.

The same as 'vitamin' isn't a specific thing - whereas vitamin-c is.

Thymosin-Beta4 is a specific thing - and that's what Dank admitted to giving them.

Some, including Dank, use the term 'thymosin' as an abbreviated term to describe the specific type of thymosin.

Charging players with taking taking thymosin-beta4 and calling it thymosin in your reports - then altering it to be specific about which type of thymosin you're talking about is hardly a stitch up.

Not that that's even what happened, mind you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were mixing TB4 with AOD and the other one. Dank and his anti-aging mate knew it mimicked HGH.

The anti-aging creep literally did a preso in the US spruiking it.

They thought they'd discovered a legal way to cheat.

They just didn't realise TB4 was banned.
What about those Suns. Dank was there wasn’t he? Til Karmichael Hunt took over the drug regime. Snort. Lucky no one knew the team up there.

The ones that admitted being injected.

Injected with what? Nobody admitted TB4. 12 other clubs were found to inject so called legitimate substances as well. What was in those needles?

Isn’t the crux of the entire case that the officials from needle hill couldn’t find the records to disprove the charges. Multi million dollar enterprise just happens to lose critical paperwork then bleats about being the victim for the next four years.
The crux is that Dank bought TB4, the chemist sent him TB4, he sent texts talking about injecting players with 'thymosin', he talked about 'TB4' and 'thymosin' being one and the same in an interview with McKenzie, he then s**t himself when McKenzie told him it was banned, and players admitted being injected with 'thymosin'.

Given Dank reffered to TB4 as 'thymosin', and given the only variety of thymosin that there were any records of was TB4 - it's clear that Dank was injecting players with TB4.

Can't be logically argued against.

The only tough part, is proving which players actually took it. Sadly for the players, the Jobe Watsons' of the world bullied the broader group into defending themselves as one entity, rather than as individuals. They thought they'd found a loophole where the innocent players couldn't be found guilty, therefore the guilty ones would have to get off too if they were defending themselves as a group.

However it backfired horribly as This meant once CAS rightly drew the conclusion that TB4 had been administered to 'the group', they had to find 'the group' guilty.

Alternatively, only the players that admitted getting thymosin injections would have been found guilty. The innocent guys would have walked.

Another awesome call by the Essendon brains trust.

Last edited:
Injected with what? Nobody admitted TB4. 12 other clubs were found to inject so called legitimate substances as well. What was in those needles?
Injected with what? With what the evidence trail showed, TB4 and AOD906.

The 12 club thing was a survey with volunteered information by the clubs. There was never a claim anything untoward was happening, just that it could all be managed better.

Injected with what? With what the evidence trail showed, TB4 and AOD906.

The 12 club thing was a survey with volunteered information by the clubs. There was never a claim anything untoward was happening, just that it could all be managed better.
Was still injections though and no one could prove what was in those either.

There was a possible link (cable/low burden of proof) that players were given TB4 but they couldn’t tell who did and who didn’t, no idea.

I'd be staggered if other clubs hadn't been doing dodgy s**t also.

Don't know how that gets Essendon off the hook though?

Well we were the unluckiest and dumbest for letting Dank through the door.

I just reckon when you sign up to a competition's anti-cheating rules you shouldn't cheat. Thoughts?
Are pain killing injections cheating?
A drug, injected.
This enables a player to return to the field.

Are pain killing injections cheating?
A drug, injected.
This enables a player to return to the field.

Is the particular painkiller a) on the prohibited list, or b) not on the approved list? If so, then yes, it's cheating. If not, then it's not.

The point of the anti-doping regime is that all clubs are subject to the same rules on what they can and can't take, i.e. it's fair for everyone. That's why using something prohibited is cheating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back