Mega Thread The POST 2016 SEASON Buckley Coaching Discussion Thread (Latest: not much happening)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we miss finals he will remain coach?

It probably depends on the manner in which we miss them and also who we appoint as Football Manager. If we miss the 8 on percentage and show genuine improvement he may survive. IMO I think it is more likely that he will not be coach in 2018 but it really is anyone's guess as to what will happen.

Lucky for you, I'm not the decision maker.
If we don't make finals you might even raise a smile and get your wish

Lucky for the club your not a decision maker you mean. Then again managements decisions have been appalling the last 5 years so it will be steady as she goes with you calling the shots.
Maybe the better method would be somewhere between what I would do and what you would do.

No. Bucks said it was the measure. The club took the risk to bring Allan in as a critical eye to evaluate the footy department, and that includes Bucks. I'm not certain he is out the door but I am certain he is under question. The media and fan pressure will grow to a crescendo if we repeat at 2016 levels. Attendance will suffer. Eddy is not that blinded by mateship to threaten his own position.

It is a poor measure though, as is simply improvement. Our key talent should, simply by virtue of experience, should improve as will their ability to work as a team and to follow the game plan. If we don't see improvement on this basis something is wrong. This year had some some strong wins, we need to see more of that. It also had bad losses, a tendency to wilt when the chips were down and a defence all at sea, apparently lacking understanding/ability to implement the game plan. We need to see a whole lot less of that. Consistency. So far the off season has given me the impression of holes in our side, of more years developing players. By the end of 2017 it needs to be a "tweak this, add that" to be a genuine premiership threat. Perpetually looking to be years off is not going to fly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucky for the club your not a decision maker you mean. Then again managements decisions have been appalling the last 5 years so it will be steady as she goes with you calling the shots.
Maybe the better method would be somewhere between what I would do and what you would do.
Oh, I dunno, Krueger, Saintly Viewed, it's an impossible decision. I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.

Oh, I dunno, Krueger, Saintly Viewed, it's an impossible decision. I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.
I'm not worth dying for.
Krueger and his special brand of joy..... nah, probably not worth it either.

Well get there somehow one day, maybe.....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-his-afl-career-finished-20161212-gt9c2a.html

Might be time to admit Buckley got just about everyone right and the so called dismantling of a premiership team was in fact clearing out deadwood that was either chronically injured or not committed. Dawes Daisy Harry, even Beams doesn't look like getting back to his best and Wellers was ok for 1 year out of 4 with WC. Shaw is the only one a neg has to hang his hat on and he's still as mad as a cut snake and Adams will be thrilling us long after Heater has retired.

Buckley was given the worst job in the land, take over a team that had reached it's apex and handle the slide down the other side with a pack of party boys that unlike Geel and Haw players were happy with one flag and rebuild on the fly. And getting players like Grundy for rejects and luring players like Treloar you'd have to say he's done an outstanding job!

Got to give him credit where credit's due. Dawes, Lumumba and Thomas are cooked. I think Dawes' last year was ruined by being put through the ruck but if you're an average key forward that can't pitch hit you're time is going to be limited. But Thomas only netter us Freeman anyways should have used that pick to secure Adams and keep Shaw. Lumumba we got Varcoe excellent trade.

even Beams doesn't look like getting back to his best
Based on what? His first year at Brisbane he won their bnf and was injured for the second. His been injured with us before and came back to form fine.

Wellers was ok for 1 year out of 4 with WC.
First two years he struggled with injury than since then he's turned himself into a fine defender. Would give us run and carry and skill that we lack down there. Would be better than most of our half backs.

Shaw is the only one a neg has to hang his hat on and he's still as mad as a cut snake and Adams will be thrilling us long after Heater has retired.
There was a way to get Adams and keep Shaw you know...

Buckley was given the worst job in the land
Maybe he shouldn't have accepted it then.

Based on what? His first year at Brisbane he won their bnf and was injured for the second. His been injured with us before and came back to form fine.

Yeah he did... when he was younger, now he's 27, injured and never been particularly quick, so good luck with that Brions!

As for Shaw he removed himself.

Yeah he did... when he was younger, now he's 27, injured and never been particularly quick, so good luck with that Brions!

That's actually an argument for not against. His game style doesn't revolve around speed so loosing a little won't hurt him compared to guys like Toumpass and Freeman.

As for Shaw he removed himself.
He didn't want to leave.

That's actually an argument for not against. His game style doesn't revolve around speed so loosing a little won't hurt him compared to guys like Toumpass and Freeman.

He didn't want to leave.
Yeah because the game keeps slowing down while he misses seasons.

Then he should have been professional and disciplined.

Yeah because the game keeps slowing down while he misses seasons.

That's irrelevant to the point I was making.

Then he should have been professional and disciplined.
Yeah it would have been easier for us all if he was but he's a gun, Bucks should have catered for it better.

That's irrelevant to the point I was making.

Yeah it would have been easier for us all if he was but he's a gun, Bucks should have catered for it better.
Injured and slow, game getting faster, him getting older, very relevant!

He was given every chance, then another, then another, then another... you see where this is going right?

Injured and slow, game getting faster, him getting older, very relevant!

He was given every chance, then another, then another, then another... you see where this is going right?
Hi Bucksboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back