Mega Thread The POST 2016 SEASON Buckley Coaching Discussion Thread (Latest: not much happening)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to jump in to defend the club or the coach about Nathan Brown leaving.

Let's just call a spade a spade. It's bad that he is going because (1) he is a good guy and (2) we're spread thin for defensive personnel.

This does not reflect well on the club in terms of player and list management.

I'm not going to jump in to defend the club or the coach about Nathan Brown leaving.

Let's just call a spade a spade. It's bad that he is going because (1) he is a good guy and (2) we're spread thin for defensive personnel.

This does not reflect well on the club in terms of player and list management.

From what I have read the club decided not to match the offer, which would suggest that Brown leaving is a calculated list management decision.

From what I have read the club decided not to match the offer, which would suggest that Brown leaving is a calculated list management decision.
it seems to fit in with the rumors of allen not rating the list that much

And buckley is destroying the place in striving for successs.
Says a lot

No - what says a lot - is that you have been bagging Buckley about poor W/L and when he recruits to improve it and make the 8, you bag him again.
So clearly, you've got the problem -
Its laughable that you are complaining because Buckley is "striving for success".

Last edited:

I understand.

I would have preferred to have him on our list next year, even as depth.

Reid, Goldsack, Howe, together with Keeffe if he can get a game, and Schaz if he can overcome his injuries. Not much to spare...

No - what says a lot - is that you have been bagging Buckley about poor W/L and when he recruits to improve it and make the 8, you bag him again.
Its laughable that you are complaining because Buckley is "striving for success".

Striving for success and not getting any.
That means i dont think hes up to the job and nothing ive seen in the past 5 years has convinced me otherwise.
Take off the *ing blinkers

Browns value has tripled since he's decide to leave....especially in the eyes of those who hate Buckley and s**t canned Brown for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Striving for success and not getting any.
That means i dont think hes up to the job and nothing ive seen in the past 5 years has convinced me otherwise.
Take off the ruddy blinkers
Dead pie walking. 2017 will be a disaster and if his contract is renewed, I'll spew up.

Not a Buckley hater, just hate losing.

Dear Bucks,

I know you are not a quitter but I really wish you lots of good luck in 2017 because you are going to need it.

Seems to me you are on a hiding to nothing and if the writing was on the wall this year, I believe it is in neon lights now and a press conference has already been scripted.

There may be some that will say a bad tradesmen always blames his tools but then again it is mostly tools that will say this.

All the best Maggie5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People panic way too much.

Get our best players playing well enough, the extra year into Moore, Treloar, De Goey, Grundy etc it might just be ok. Need the better players and keep them going well.

But I've learnt in my time here on bigfooty that quite a few could be good football journalists.
The lastest immediate happening is the all defining explanation of everything.

I find it mildly amusing at the panic the sets in as if the club just got disbanded.

It will work out, step by step, just like every club striving to get to be the successful club winning one particilar match at seasons end that is the real definition of true success.

Nathan will do ok this coming season and will still be there 2018, just my passing thoughts....

Pre Trade Period.
Brown is a liability
Oh well done Fumbles, gave Buddy 10 metres again.
Oh * Marley's Marley has just butchered another kick...LOL.
Cloke from 15 metres out LOL.

Post Trade period.
This is a disaster. We're ****ed. Bottom four. Bucks is gone
NOTE: The above is said with great delight while rubbing hands together.
Guess why?

I didn't realise Buckley was also the List Manager.
He meant that the list is not good enough to give Bucks the results needed to warrant an extension.

Now that you're saying Bucks is "striving for success" No Spin; then all will be good I'm sure. Nothing like a good striver to get the job done. It does make me wonder why Bucks apparently waited this long to start his striving though. But Wait.. are you saying he was striving the last 3 years as well, but failed? Anyway I'm sure his striving will be different next season and bear us much benefit. I totally agree with you that as long as Bucks is "striving" then wins and losses are a complete irrelevance. It's the "striving" that counts!

Pre Trade Period.
Brown is a liability
Oh well done Fumbles, gave Buddy 10 metres again.
Oh **** Marley's Marley has just butchered another kick...LOL.
Cloke from 15 metres out LOL.

Post Trade period.
This is a disaster. We're stuffed. Bottom four. Bucks is gone
NOTE: The above is said with great delight while rubbing hands together.
Guess why?
Pretty much summed it up.
When they are with us, potatoes
When they leave, the moment after they are All Australian types.

Im, most sad about Marsh because he has upside, hope he gets it all going for him, whatever way he goes.

But that's life, people come and go.

I'm happy to see Wells arrive for his silk, WHE his potential,
Mayne I'm giving him the benefit and look forward to his manic pressure

Sorry I get confused as not sure if selections were to save his job or to hasten his leaving.
We are all confused apart from those firm believers that know that the season is shot and it is all Bucks fault before even a ball is kicked

We are all confused apart from those firm believers that know that the season is shot and it is all Bucks fault before even a ball is kicked
Ha ha ha
you're a clever man Pica

Now that you're saying Bucks is "striving for success" No Spin; then all will be good I'm sure. Nothing like a good striver to get the job done. It does make me wonder why Bucks apparently waited this long to start his striving though. But Wait.. are you saying he was striving the last 3 years as well, but failed? Anyway I'm sure his striving will be different next season and bear us much benefit. I totally agree with you that as long as Bucks is "striving" then wins and losses are a complete irrelevance. It's the "striving" that counts!
You do realise each season you go steps forward steps back.
Next season players will come and go.
Only one side is truly successful each one year.
The rest is a build up to that.
In my time there has only been two truly successful seasons.
I'm looking forward to the third.... whenever that may be.
Just happy to see it happen with all its ups and downs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back