Mega Thread The POST 2016 SEASON Buckley Coaching Discussion Thread (Latest: not much happening)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre Trade Period.
Brown is a liability
Oh well done Fumbles, gave Buddy 10 metres again.
Oh **** Marley's Marley has just butchered another kick...LOL.
Cloke from 15 metres out LOL.

Post Trade period.
This is a disaster. We're stuffed. Bottom four. Bucks is gone
NOTE: The above is said with great delight while rubbing hands together.
Guess why?
I am not concerned with the outs, nor really that we didn't squeeze a bit more trade currency out of them. What does concern me is how we have chosen to spend our salary cap with a very injury prone 32 year old and a bog ordinary 27/28 year old.
If Wells goes down for lengthy periods it won't be bad luck, it'll be horrible management.

I am not concerned with the outs, nor really that we didn't squeeze a bit more trade currency out of them. What does concern me is how we have chosen to spend our salary cap with a very injury prone 32 year old and a bog ordinary 27/28 year old.
If Wells goes down for lengthy periods it won't be bad luck, it'll be horrible management.
I can't get into the salary cap stuff because I don't know what or who to believe.
I don't know what has been built into contracts so hard to comment on that as well.
What I do know is that the prophets of doom will continue to do what they do best.

I can't get into the salary cap stuff because I don't know what or who to believe.
I don't know what has been built into contracts so hard to comment on that as well.
What I do know is that the prophets of doom will continue to do what they do best.
I might need saving because I am wavering, not because of Buckley because I believe he can coach but what he has been left with and has to start all over again.

It would take a huge reversal of trends for this year to end in anything but tears. Buckley has stated that it's finals or bust basically....and you know when things like that are said that only bad things can happen. Very reminiscent of when Mick Malthouse said he couldn't see Carlton losing a game all season.

I might need saving because I am wavering, not because of Buckley because I believe he can coach but what he has been left with and has to start all over again.
Serious question Maggie.

What makes you believe he actually can coach when under any quantifiable measure it suggests otherwise?

Not being a smartarse but I just don't see it, as much as I would like to.

And I doubt he'll be given a chance to start over again if it does go belly up. He was given carte blanche to rebuild the list and it's beginning to look like he (and the rest of the football dept) have made a hash of it.

It would take a huge reversal of trends for this year to end in anything but tears. Buckley has stated that it's finals or bust basically....and you know when things like that are said that only bad things can happen. Very reminiscent of when Mick Malthouse said he couldn't see Carlton losing a game all season.
Once again, who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Eddie hosed that one down and may have given Bucks a fair whack.
Maxwell said we're after a flag, copped a few whacks and we won it. Quite a change from Malthouse saying it's not all about flags, it's about not losing ground. Doesn't always end badly.
Anyhow, my original post was aimed at those who shout 'disaster' when assessing a player's worth when they are with us and yet expect that disaster to be no more than drizzle to other clubs.

Can just see this clean out being used as another excuse next year.
Bucks' hands were tied, it was all Gubby, short term loss for long term gain etc etc they'll say....

And of course, everyone will forget that whatever the * Bucks has tried to achieve by dismantling a top side and doing things his way has failed abysmally, not to mention the shite we've been fed by the Club in recent years.

bookmark this

And buckley is destroying the place in striving for successs.
Says a lot
Can't think of too many sides that have had such a slide from a premiership & GF side to a bottom 8 side, that coincided with a change of coach. Lions & Voss would be one, but they were on the way down before Voss took over.
Ultimately, the side was re-modelled to suit Bucks desires, just as the current makeup of the side after the trade period suits the game plan he has in mind.
I'll barrack for any player that pulls on the jumper, regardless of poor disposal, but I don't support half interested players, poor team cohesion or inept coaching. If Bucks fails to make a cohesive unit out of the team, we will get smashed & he will get sacked.
Like many on here, history (and the trade results) tells me we're in for a bad year, but I'll be barracking for the wins and hoping he can prove me wrong.
But if we have a poor start to the season and the knives come out, just remember who made all the changes.

[QUOTE="PieBeast, post: 47495924, member: 75962"]Can just see this clean out being used as another excuse next year.
Bucks' hands were tied,
it was all Gubby, short term loss for long term gain etc etc they'll say....

And of course, everyone will forget that whatever the **** Bucks has tried to achieve by dismantling a top side and doing things his way has failed abysmally, not to mention the shite we've been fed by the Club in recent years.

bookmark this[/QUOTE]

I hav the same concerns

Serious question Maggie.

What makes you believe he actually can coach when under any quantifiable measure it suggests otherwise?

Not being a smartarse but I just don't see it, as much as I would like to.

And I doubt he'll be given a chance to start over again if it does go belly up. He was given carte blanche to rebuild the list and it's beginning to look like he (and the rest of the football dept) have made a hash of it.
Because I have seen it. Have written in this thread before.
Not saying he will be given another chance, this is it but with a further 10 new players to mesh into a team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks' hands were tied, it was all Gubby, short term loss for long term gain etc etc they'll say....

And of course, everyone will forget that whatever the **** Bucks has tried to achieve by dismantling a top side and doing things his way has failed abysmally, not to mention the shite we've been fed by the Club in recent years.

bookmark this
Thank you, after today really needed the laugh.
'Dismantling a top side', will remember those words when I feel down.
Never change darls.

With so many changes again this year and stepping off the youth build, will make it very hard to succeed.

Clubs messages are so mixed.
Glad we got in WHE, Wells too was a good pick up.
The rest, less said the better
Looking forward to bringing in junior rowdy and daics in the draft and hope we can jag a decent key position player, hopefully Hayward slips to our pick

bookmark this

*in oath. Bookmarked.

It's excuse year after year after bloody year.

2012: new coach, injuries, give him time.
2013: lots of senior players left, Eddie Mcguire x Adam Goodes saga ****ed us over, give the coach time.
2014: injuries, give the coach more time.
2015: club is unstabilized, needs another clean out, poor culture, too many injuries, not the coaches fault, give him time.
2016: drug culture comments unsettled us, player welfare department is bad apparently, players turning the dressing room inside out due to unhappiness, blame it on leading teams, back the coach.
2017: ????????????????????????..... (too many players left last year), (blah blah blah), give the coach more time....
2018: ..........

It is truly a pandemic in this day and age that the ego rules all. Every one of you knows if you defended Buckley from the start just as the ones who didn't.

Alas for those who defended him you opened your mouths and now have nowhere to go.

He has failed in the most catastrophic way.

It's that simple.

Deal with it.

Thank you, after today really needed the laugh.
'Dismantling a top side', will remember those words when I feel down.
Never change darls.

My grandparents call me darls. Stop showing your age! :p:D

It is truly a pandemic in this day and age that the ego rules all. Every one of you knows if you defended Buckley from the start just as the ones who didn't.

Alas for those who defended him you opened your mouths and now have nowhere to go.

He has failed in the most catastrophic way.

It's that simple.

Deal with it.
Catastrophic? Not bad. Beats 'disaster'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back