Mega Thread The POST 2016 SEASON Buckley Coaching Discussion Thread (Latest: not much happening)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the most underrated Greek food is a delicious Greek salad.
Goes well with so many things, a fish plate for example.
On a hot day start with saganaki then a fish plate and a Greek salad, some lamb then baklava
Perfect.
Just love Greek salad!

Me too. A nice big chunck of feta in super fresh, soil grown fruit and veg is awesome with any dish.

My tickets are booked for a trip next year. Time for the little ones to see where the grandparents come from and experience something a little different.

And now you've made me hungry.

Me too. A nice big chunck of feta in super fresh, soil grown fruit and veg is awesome with any dish.

My tickets are book for a trip next year. Time for the little ones to see where the grandparents come from and experience something a little different.

And know you've made me hungry.
I'm hungry too.

I had a lovely John Dory tonight with a potato salad (mum actually made the salad) but I snuck a bowl home :D
Now that I think about it, I might go Greek tomorrow or Sunday :)

Where's the fat spider? He's got lamb.

I'm still waiting for the invite.
Ps your kids will love it I'm sure.
It's wonderful to see things away from our country, very enriching
Enjoy

I'm hungry too.

I had a lovely John Dory tonight with a potato salad (mum actually made the salad) but I snuck a bowl home :D
Now that I think about it, I might go Greek tomorrow or Sunday :)

You're just trying to make me eat.... I was going to avoid a late meal. All this talk about food..... * it, time for a monster sandwhich.

Last edited:
Where's the fat spider? He's got lamb.

I'm still waiting for the invite.
No lambs ready yet, too much green grass, so fattening them up!

Although two are marked for deliciousness around Chrissy, sadly they are earmarked for other stomachs.:D

No lambs ready yet, too much green grass, so fattening them up!

Although two are marked for deliciousness around Chrissy, sadly they are earmarked for other stomachs.:D

My middle name is other. I'll get the spit ready. Lol.

In the 80s . Times have changed a bit. The coach gets the final say but good coaches listen to imput from others around them and are prepared to take on board feedback.

l really dont care want decade it is, in the end if you do not follow what the club and the coaches want
you to do are gone. no matter how much much a coach try's to help the player, end the end it still
comes back to the player. if the do not change there ways sorry

Last edited:
I have a question I pose.

Do we have a capable list? Is it now up to bucks to get the right game plan to take us to glory? Or are we still missing some key parts to the list that no matter how good a coach bucks COULD be, we won't get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have a capable list? Is it now up to bucks to get the right game plan to take us to glory? Or are we still missing some key parts to the list that no matter how good a coach bucks COULD be, we won't get there.
I would like to think so as long as we stay injury free. But that is last year discussion rinse and repeat.

I would like to think so as long as we stay injury free. But that is last year discussion rinse and repeat.
Rinse repeat yes

The answer to that can sometimes depend on which camp you sit in.
For Bucks: the list needs more work.
Against Bucks: the list is fine, the gameplan sucks.
Middle ground: it's a combination of factors involving the list, the coach, the physios, the admin.

Choose your poison.

Middle ground: it's a combination of factors involving the list, the coach, the physios, the admin.

Choose your poison.
Hate to disagree on that. I think you will find more people in the anti Bucks camp that says the list is garbage due to dismantling premiership team, bad recruiting and blah what not.
The list is fine. Can be better without saying but if we can get a good core group playing together we should be good.

Choose your poison.

For me if the team is well drilled playing with direction and purpose, beats the teams they're expected to, and is competitive against the teams they're expected to loose to based on available talent, then the coach has done their job.

For me if the team is well drilled playing with direction and purpose, beats the teams they're expected to, and is competitive against the teams they're expected to loose to based on available talent, then the coach has done their job.
Close.
Talk of coaches always gets me back to Tommy Hafey. Kept it super simple (I don't think there was a game plan other than to kick it long) Had very little game day acumen ( Two Hail Mary moves), but the players played their hearts out for him. Every week without fail. All this talk of game day coaching, game plans, leading teams, club culture is just smoke and mirrors.
Hafey motivated and empowered ordinary players to be close to great. To my mind he is the best coach of any club I've seen.
Clarkson had the cattle. Barassi did. Sheedy did (and wasted it). Tommy never did at Collingwood. The team had more holes than a slice of swiss cheese, but they played 4 grand finals in 5 years. Remarkable record given the list he had.
I get the angst with Bucks. He ain't no Hafey, not yet.

Close.
Talk of coaches always gets me back to Tommy Hafey. Kept it super simple (I don't think there was a game plan other than to kick it long) Had very little game day acumen ( Two Hail Mary moves), but the players played their hearts out for him. Every week without fail. All this talk of game day coaching, game plans, leading teams, club culture is just smoke and mirrors.
Hafey motivated and empowered ordinary players to be close to great. To my mind he is the best coach of any club I've seen.
Clarkson had the cattle. Barassi did. Sheedy did (and wasted it). Tommy never did at Collingwood. The team had more holes than a slice of swiss cheese, but they played 4 grand finals in 5 years. Remarkable record given the list he had.
I get the angst with Bucks. He ain't no Hafey, not yet.
I loved Hafey but still haven't forgiven him for sticking with Byrne against Bartlett in the GF.:(

I loved Hafey but still haven't forgiven him for sticking with Byrne against Bartlett in the GF.:(
I know - as I said no game day nous- wouldn't have made any difference,we'd run our race getting there. I thought Stan the man had a crack at KB for a while, unfortunately he missed.

Very risky position Buckley is in. Will need a fair improvement across the board to make finals
He can't afford to think like that. If he does he's beaten before he starts. FWIW,I expect the competition to be even more even next year. We will improve, so will some others. Some of t he finalists this year will drop back a little (Sydney, Geelong, Hawks, Nth and possibly West Coast). It will be a tight squeeze. 13 wins could get us a spot in the top 4 12 wins could see us miss out altogether

your recollection is different to mine.
I thought he started with Morris who was too loose, then Magro who wasn't agile enough.
Ray Byrne was on Rob Wiley when he should've been on KB from the start.

And Billy Picken should've gone to Cloke instead of Ireland - Ireland on Cloke was like putting Toovey on Josh Jenkins or Taylor Walker. I recall David Young was also tried on Cloke which was similar to putting Ben Sinclair on Tony Lockett.

I loved Tom but game day tactics were not his thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back