Remove this Banner Ad

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dear all!

I'm starting by thanking everyone on this forum for the support we've received from you at AFL Poland. This forum has been an incredible resource for us over the last few years. I've successfully run competitions and given out prizes for branding the Polish Devils, the Warsaw Boars and the Warsaw Bisons.

We have a new addition to AFL Poland - the Poznań Dingoes (please note the spelling with the little mark over the N). This team requires both a logo and a jumper. And I would like to run these two competitions in one thread. You may therefore submit either a logo or a jumper, or you may submit entries for both.

COMPETITION DETAILS:
Deadline for entry: 11th June 2021
Selection process: all the designs will be shown to the players and they will vote on their preferred design in a poll. Note that there may be entries from outside BigFooty too. The players have until the 16th of June to vote
Award: The award for the logo is $40 and the award for the jumper is also $40. If a Bigfooty design doesn't win the final poll, we will still award the $40 to the BigFooty designs which placed highest.

GUIDELINES:
For the exact colours of the team, see jumper below (that's of course not the jumper design that will be used, it's just a guideline for the colours). It shall be predominantly blue and white, with golden elements. I want to be clear - the blue and white should be exactly as below. However the gold may be altered to be a bit darker, lighter, or whatever you think looks good.
I am also attaching the logo of the city of Poznań, and the logo of the largest soccer team there. You may use these as inspiration, but it's not a must, you can also be totally creative.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with this time!!

Poznan colours.png

Poznan City.png

Lech Poznan.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
A few things to mention about this concept;

- The logo/emblem shape was inspired from the coat of arms of the City of Poznan, linking the city and it's people with the team.

- The monogram was made as a secondary logo to give the club a sense of prestige, despite being brand new.

- The jumper itself is a slightly different take on the classic sash design, but purposefully made in the form of a banner. A banner, whether that's of a nation, a tribe or in this case, a footy club, is something to wear with pride and dignity. It's something to unite around and that's emblematic of the way Australian Rules Football is played, it's a sport where the talents of individuals are united under one banner for a greater goal.

BmDtO2C.jpg

iVc7X2y.jpg

FH5vtU2.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken

- The logo/emblem shape was inspired from the coat of arms of the City of Poznan, linking the city and it's people with the team.

- The monogram was made as a secondary logo to give the club a sense of prestige, despite being brand new.

- The jumper itself is a slightly different take on the classic sash design, but purposefully made in the form of a banner. A banner, whether that's of a nation, a tribe or in this case, a footy club, is something to wear with pride and dignity. It's something to unite around and that's emblematic of the way Australian Rules Football is played, it's a sport where the talents of individuals are united under one banner for a greater goal.

BmDtO2C.jpg

iVc7X2y.jpg

FH5vtU2.jpg

I actually did a secondary monogram and a triple-stroke sash kit as well, but i didn't like them as much as a dingo head! Nice work mate

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I actually did a secondary monogram and a triple-stroke sash kit as well, but i didn't like them as much as a dingo head! Nice work mate
Thanks! The Dingo head actually came from a portfolio I had begun working on a while ago.

darwin.jpg

Taking a step back and looking at your past work you can drawn inspiration from it.

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
MoscowHawk from Poland?

The Polish I know may speak Russian, but they aren’t fans of the Eastern Empire. Interesting username.

What’s the reason behind it?

That’s right yeah! I spent 12 years working in Moscow, and actually started footy there too. Then I got transferred to Warsaw 3 years ago. Might be time to change the username 😄

But the Poles here don’t really care too much about my connection to Russia. Seems the younger generation are a bit more chilled about all that stuff

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
That’s right yeah! I spent 12 years working in Moscow, and actually started footy there too. Then I got transferred to Warsaw 3 years ago. Might be time to change the username 😄

But the Poles here don’t really care too much about my connection to Russia. Seems the younger generation are a bit more chilled about all that stuff
May I suggest WarsawHawk?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey all! We'll finish up this competition at 19:00 Polish time tomorrow night, so that gives everyone (who is in Australia) a full day tomorrow if you'd like to put in a last minute design.

Cheers.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I'd be interested to see this translated to a jumper. Fantastic dingo. Not sure about the wordmark font though.

BmDtO2C.jpg

iVc7X2y.jpg

FH5vtU2.jpg

Flatten the sash and use it as a racing stripe like the logo and I think this is a winner

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I'd be interested to see this translated to a jumper. Fantastic dingo. Not sure about the wordmark font though.

Flatten the sash and use it as a racing stripe like the logo and I think this is a winner
I did have this one made up, but thought it lacked that bit of character the sash design seemed to have. I could have posted them both but I didn't want to split my votes haha.

But MoscowHawk feel free to consider this as a variant design of my original submission if that's alright :thumbsu:

wf3YnGV.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I did have this one made up, but thought it lacked that bit of character the sash design seemed to have. I could have posted them both but I didn't want to split my votes haha.

But MoscowHawk feel free to consider this as a variant design of my original submission if that's alright :thumbsu:

wf3YnGV.jpeg
For a real life, non-FJGD team, this is perfect.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken

Yeah I was just choosing a bit of a rough workmark, was never overly happy with it.

The dingo itself I sketched based on a real dingo! Cheers :)

I did a jumper along the lines of Carlton and even another Poznan team but wasn't overly happy with it either!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back