The Pre Season Carlton Can Not

Remove this Banner Ad

Louie22

Debutant
May 30, 2004
Other Teams
Carlton
What a waste of a number one pick if Carlton re-draft Thornton in the pre season draft. Why not cut your losses and get the best trade for your club and get the best uncontracted player with that pick. Well at least we're talking to Pt Adelaide regarding Russell it would be a disaster if lost both players for nothing. I really don't know whats going on anymore with this once GREAT club.

Louie22 said:
What a waste of a number one pick if Carlton re-draft Thornton in the pre season draft. Why not cut your losses and get the best trade for your club and get the best uncontracted player with that pick. Well at least we're talking to Pt Adelaide regarding Russell it would be a disaster if lost both players for nothing. I really don't know whats going on anymore with this once GREAT club.

I agree with you louie22, as much as i would hate to see both play at other clubs next year if they are not commited to Carlton then it is no use them being at Carlton.

When we got Nick Stevens in the PSD we were happy at we got him for nothing, now it looks like happening to us twice this year.

Louie22 said:
Because it sends the message that any club can get in the ear of our players, have them say they're leaving only to club X, and that we'll bend over, take whatever scraps they toss, and then ask for more.

It didn't hurt Port to lose Stevens the way they did. It taught its own players and opposition clubs to not **** with them. It's not just about Thornton - it's about every star we have coming out of contract over future years. Losing a Murphy or Gibbs would be a real disaster - missing out on pick 24 this year won't mean jack.

I'm happy enough to deal with Russell & Port. That trade, if it happens, will be business as usual - although I'd rather keep the kid.

Thank you Louie22.................bout time we had a thread on this. Here are some more topics we should explore some more:
a) I quit the club (does the youth policy extend to members)
b) Sack the coach
c) And the board
d) Thornton and Russell....we must do something
e) Fantasy team for next year (I think Hartlett should be the captain......)
f) Thornton and Russell......we shouldn't do anything.....

?? missed any :D

I think its the heat......:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back