The Pre-Season Supplementary Selection Period (SSP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not being a big full forward was pretty much my point, i think we want that big full forward to cover Dixons spot in a few year especially given he have Georgidies in this role (not that means we can have both by any stretch, if they both developed they way the could it would give us great flexibility)

Im not apposed to drafting him and agree there is probably huge Risk V Reward, but multiple ACLs to his age would make anyone nervous and probably impact the chance of him becoming that midfielder. I could be completely wrong, he may never have another issue and bounce back post ACL like Gray but at the same time he could be another Menzel. As you said its Risk V Reward, if there no better prospect why not have a crack.

I constantly make the same argument about Georgiadies ability to be a gun KPF for us, which would also give us even more benefit in looking at a Dixon replacement. Maybe that could be Lord, maybe not, others would have far better an idea how he plays and would factor that into to our list management decisions here.

We have got Ollie Lord in, so it’s not like we have dismissed that future need.

This is about the SSP though, and unless there is a bona fide 200+ guaranteed 300 game forward available, surely you have a crack at a high risk/reward talent.

I am not sure that Menzel’s inability to get back was purely ACL related, probably more laziness and attitude.

Still think Baldwin is a fantastic option which essentially costs the club nothing and does not detract from anything they may do about tall defenders and forwards, in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like a lot of other clubs are trialling players and filing those last spots (or preparing too right now).

I am not sure if this is bad (i.e. we are getting left behind) or good (i.e. there will be less clubs with list spots when a youngster who didn't get the exposure in 2020 shines in the first half of 2021).

I think the smart move is to wait to mid year pick the best kid.
Although I would love to pick a sanfl player before the season to really ruffle some feathers.
Would there be anyone worth the punt?
Sparks from Sturt, the big Hayes from the Eagles or a Norwood player would be nice lol.

Although I would love to pick a sanfl player before the season to really ruffle some feathers.
Sparks from Sturt, the big Hayes from the Eagles or a Norwood player would be nice lol.
Well the Legs are aligned to us, and have recruited another truckload of players this season (as usual......... SANFL = Integrity!!!).
So yes, I agree - let's grab someone from them just to rustle their jimmies :cool: :smilev1:

Watching so many WWT games because of Jones playing, I became a bit of a fan of Jack Hayes. At 24 he could be worth a punt for half a season being added to the squad, unless we have a specific need due to an injury.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching so many WWT games because of Jones playing, I became a bit of a fan of Jack Hayes. At 24 he could be worth a punt for half a season being added to the squad, unless we have a specific need due to an injury.
Isn't he playing in Victoria this year? Or was that his brother?

It is likely to be a victorian kid who didnt get to play much last year. Probably stockpile a tall. Kolar and Heath were a couple of the players mentioned last year. Our list is so lit.

Players available mid season:

KAINE BALDWIN Clubs: Glenelg/South Australia Position: Key Forward Size: 193cm/90kg

JACKSON CALLOW Clubs: North Launceston/Tasmania/Allies Position: Key Forward Size: 194cm/100kg

Zac DUMESNY Clubs: South Adelaide/South Australia Position: Utility Size: 187cm/80kg

LIAM KOLAR Clubs: Northern Knights/Vic Metro Position: Utility Size: 195cm/81kg

Callow is training with the Hawks at present.

I wanted Baldwin with #49, I wanted him with our rookie draft pick, and I still want him now. Hurry up and pick him before someone else does Ports. All going well we're not going to have a high midseason draft pick.

I wanted Baldwin with #49, I wanted him with our rookie draft pick, and I still want him now. Hurry up and pick him before someone else does Ports. All going well we're not going to have a high midseason draft pick.
Honestly given how Marshall, Georgiadis, Ladhams and even Lord have looked this pre season i think for the first time in a long time KPF isn't really a need.

Having said that I am not sure what our real needs are.

Probably midfield depth if anything or another 2 way running wingman to replace Duursma as he moves into the middle.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back