Game Day The Prelims 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone here seriously going for Adelaide in the GF?

How could anyone possibly want Adelaide to win?

They are playing Richmond, that's how. Pretty simple to understand I would have thought.

I hate Richmond only slightly less than I do Collingwood, would love to see them get smashed next week.

Last edited:

I guess if you watched footy through the 70's and saw what the Tigers did (got away with, e.g. Balme) I can understand that it'd be hard to forget. I started watching in the early 80's, so can't properly relate.

I actually don;t mind Richmond. I like Dimma - comes across as a quite humble dude (can;t believe this is the same dude who played for Essendon).

I can ony muster hatred for Essendon and St Kilda. Especially St Kilda.

Go Tiges.

Ah, well that explains it then. 1973 was the first Grand Final I attended live. I will never forgive them that one, was just a shameless display of thuggery.

Essendon ranks quite a bit further down the scale of hatred for me even though they are my third most hated team. Teams like St.Kilda.......well they are just as irrelevant as they ever were to me.

Ah, well that explains it then. 1973 was the first Grand Final I attended live. I will never forgive them that one, was just a shameless display of thuggery.

Essendon ranks quite a bit further down the scale of hatred for me even though they are my third most hated team. Teams like St.Kilda.......well they are just as irrelevant as they ever were to me.

Yeah, I've heard about 73. My dislike of StKilda - it's a bit of a story. Crux of it is that they've loved to rub our noses in it over the last 20 years or so.

Hmmmmm, so, doing some math......there is some chance that you were born around early-to-mid sixties. And, you live in Coburg. And you support the mighty Blues. And your actual first name might be Gab.

It's a longshot, Dude, but you wouldn't happen to be the guy who lived in that huge house with the menacing dog that kept attacking me as a kid, lol ?

Also, the same guy who played his electric guitar at 170 decibels while I was trying to study :p

Yeah, I've heard about 73. My dislike of StKilda - it's a bit of a story. Crux of it is that they've loved to rub our noses in it over the last 20 years or so.

Hmmmmm, so, doing some math......there is some chance that you were born around early-to-mid sixties. And, you live in Coburg. And you support the mighty Blues. And your actual first name might be Gab.

It's a longshot, Dude, but you wouldn't happen to be the guy who lived in that huge house with the menacing dog that kept attacking me as a kid, lol ?

Also, the same guy who played his electric guitar at 170 decibels while I was trying to study :p

Haha, well my real name is indeed Gab, I was born in 61, I did live in Coburg, had a dog who may have appeared menacing, was a big house I lived in as far as houses in Coburg went and played the bass guitar, jamming with friends in the garage.

Maybe not the same guy though lol. Moved from Coburg in 82.

Should be a ripping game next week. Adelaide the classy mob who finished tops and kick big scores but Tigers playing junk yard dog defensive footy that wins finals. Grand Finals often aren't polished games so Tigers are a big chance as much as it hurts to say that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the game last night with my Tiger dad. Was heaps of fun - sat close to the cheer squad, which will prob give some of you lot nightmares at the thought! We actually had about 10 Giants supporters a couple of rows behind us, they were good fun too - very vocal (valiantly against the tide of noise). Really festive atmosphere outside the ground pre match.

Slowly coming round to the Tigers. As much as their supporters are the bottom of the barrel on BF, that is in reality a small percentage. I've half a dozen or so Tiger supporting mates who deserve a bit of joy.

Pulled out my '82 memorabilia. Some great players on show and no.17 front and centre, looks familiar..
92a49bd7ff3e60e46d3752c052cf0ec4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Watched the game at a wedding (yes, a wedding on PF weekend, who does that?)
Next to my best mate who is a die hard tiges supporter. Was great to see him have a bit of joy, gave me a liitle hope for the future. Was funny, 5 guys sitting around a mobile phone yelling and screaming, and 5 females looking on in disgust and embarrassment. Unfortunately they decided to have the speaches for the duration of the last quarter. Was very hard to keep quiet

Good thread and great read gents

Looking foward to seeing you carlton boys support the tigers next week against that mob that has taken 2 Gun players from you for nothing and look like taking Gibbs for unders this year.

It was great to beat the Carlton seniors today - Went to the game with my 3 Carlton mates and they were all screaming Yellow & Black
Never thought i would see the day but it happened ( wait till they see the video tomorrow they were smashed lol )

Look foward to Round 1 - Cheers
Not gonna lie, it's been pretty exciting to see Richmond have some success. Hopefully we can experience something similar in the near future. I guess you've never really been much of a threat in my lifetime, so I don't hold the grudge of the older supporters.

I'll probably support you next week, but if you win, the hate will be real thereafter.

Fair dinkum though, how are Richmond in the gf? Can hardly believe it.

Haha, well my real name is indeed Gab, I was born in 61, I did live in Coburg, had a dog who may have appeared menacing, was a big house I lived in as far as houses in Coburg went and played the bass guitar, jamming with friends in the garage.

Maybe not the same guy though lol. Moved from Coburg in 82.
Did your muso friends chant Gabba gabba Hey! by any chance? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back