Game Day The Prelims 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

What a Sunday morning
Yes Thank You Sydney for beating them by ONE point...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

It feels so good

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't remember if Essendon made the finals in 1997 and 1998, but they lost preliminary finals by a point in 1996 and 1999. Maybe Collingwood can be inspired by that, and go missing for the next 2 seasons, and then lose another preliminary final by a point in 2025.

The bloke is ducking cheat who has ruined several games throughout the year through his cheating. It is embarrassment to their football club that someone hasn’t told him to pull his head in. One of my personal highlights of the season was when Redman ripped his head off and he didn’t get a free. He deserves every bad decision he gets.

Well if he pulled his head in he would never get a free kick

I think if he keeps playing the same way by ducking his head he is going to get seriously injured
He’s also a mighty flog

Can anyone explain the 50M penalty paid against Ginnivan to me? He didn’t go over the mark and is ages away from the goal square.

1663452909890.gif

No further explanation is required.

Can't remember if Essendon made the finals in 1997 and 1998, but they lost preliminary finals by a point in 1996 and 1999. Maybe Collingwood can be inspired by that, and go missing for the next 2 seasons, and then lose another preliminary final by a point in 2025.

In 1996, * lost 2 (count ‘em) finals by a point.

….& who could forget 1986!!

I laughed & laughed.👍

I bought a Swannies beanie earlier this year when I was stuck in Sydney (Jetstar cancellation) just to wear to the Swans v Bulldogs game. I'm wearing it for the next few days just to provoke as many filth supporters as I can, including my wife. Too much?

The bloke is ducking cheat who has ruined several games throughout the year through his cheating. It is embarrassment to their football club that someone hasn’t told him to pull his head in. One of my personal highlights of the season was when Redman ripped his head off and he didn’t get a free. He deserves every bad decision he gets.
Well said

He looks for a free every. time. with ball in hand. His natural instinct is to drop his knees upon any contact. We've never seen a player do it to this degree.

Then you've got the whole claiming "mental health" whilst antagonistically snap chatting and Instagramming.

Legitimately loathe everything he stands for. * him

I bought a Swannies beanie earlier this year when I was stuck in Sydney (Jetstar cancellation) just to wear to the Swans v Bulldogs game. I'm wearing it for the next few days just to provoke as many filth supporters as I can, including my wife. Too much?
Nope, carry on.

You may not have watched football for the last couple of years? But, if you can find a single example of a player marking on the last line and not being brought back to the goal square, let us know. One single example in the past few years.

I watch plenty of football and I have zero interest in trawling through footage of any game looking for examples to prove/disprove anything, Its not really important.

I struggled to "believe" in the pies the second half of the season.

I am putting it down to bias but I was never convinced. I felt they were beneficiary of too many soft frees in front of goal and that kept them in games they otherwise wouldn't have been. Would love to know if frees i50 was a tracked statistic.

With that said, I think they are a very very good football side. 11 wins in a row won largely, in my opinion, by their positive mental attitude amd adrenalin. They also managed to keep guys like Howe and Elliot on the park who often miss large chunks of the season.

I wonder if they'll repeat their success next year, especially with Pendles, Howe, amd sidebottom nearing their 40s?
Someone posted a stat a while ago of frees inside 50 and dogs were 1st and the filth were 2nd but this was a few months ago so I believe they do track that stat.. I believe it’s because they have that chaos ball and non traditional way of going in fast and low that makes it harder for defenders maybe or the umps are just s**t at AFL level

Not sure what all the “Karma” is about.
They lost because they couldn’t catch up.
“Karma” would have been in the Swans scored to win by a point.
We are better than this, no need to make s**t up & bag them
They lost cause they weren’t good enough.
You must not know any Collingwood supporters if you feel an ounce of sympathy for them.

My mantra is I never want Collingwood or Essendoom to win, ever… unless it’s favourable to our ladder position and then I go and wash my mouth out with soap if I’ve barracked for them to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They lost cause they weren’t good enough.
You must not know any Collingwood supporters if you feel an ounce of sympathy for them.

My mantra is I never want Collingwood or Essendoom to win, ever… unless it’s favourable to our ladder position and then I go and wash my mouth out with soap if I’ve barracked for them to win.
I’ve got family who are Pies supporters- I get it!
I absolutely loved the free paid to Papley, but I had some begrudging respect for the Pies and this season - they worked there asses off and never laid down.
If it was * or tiges then they could EAD & I would happily bathe in there salty tears

Who would have thought that the Pies game plan of relying on teams to choke would not stack up in finals.

Maybe more practice of beating teams that don’t make finals by a kick will help them in close finals next year

I'm surprised Collingwood haven't been figured out yet. They go up the middle the moment they are behind in games. You'd think there would be a stronger emphasis on defending against that. It's still so effective for them and it's great to watch. You would think that a lot of teams will adopt this approach going into next season.

Particularly as the game evolved to a point where teams were pushing the opposition wide and creating a defensive choke at half back. Because it's where the ground begins to narrow so less space to defend, if you don't turn it over there they are still another kick away from a scoring opportunity and if you turn it over there you have access to the corridor or a dangerous switch of play. You take the risk, you go up the middle, you bypass this.

I'm surprised Collingwood haven't been figured out yet. They go up the middle the moment they are behind in games. You'd think there would be a stronger emphasis on defending against that. It's still so effective for them and it's great to watch. You would think that a lot of teams will adopt this approach going into next season.

Particularly as the game evolved to a point where teams were pushing the opposition wide and creating a defensive choke at half back. Because it's where the ground begins to narrow so less space to defend, if you don't turn it over there they are still another kick away from a scoring opportunity and if you turn it over there you have access to the corridor or a dangerous switch of play. You take the risk, you go up the middle, you bypass this.

It's just baffling.

It's the most simple run and gun game plan ever seen. Apply defensive pressure, win ball, stream forward via the corridor. But how do you stop something so chaotic? It almost has no method therefore something methodical can't break it down.

I actually can't help but think if we had the same game plan (and applied it in the same fashion) how scary we would be.

Good morning all.

How's your Sunday going.

Fc5LGiPaMAAvXOi

It's just baffling.

It's the most simple run and gun game plan ever seen. Apply defensive pressure, win ball, stream forward via the corridor. But how do you stop something so chaotic? It almost has no method therefore something methodical can't break it down.

I actually can't help but think if we had the same game plan (and applied it in the same fashion) how scary we would be.

In fairness to them its not that simple as they have width through their wings that means you can’t just clog up the corridor because of the quality of J Daicos and Sidebottom (and to a lesser degree Lipinski).

Also their forward line has multiple threats that we don’t have and they try to avoid bombing away when they have the ball at all costs, something we’ve only started getting better at this season.

They are a good team that said I’m not sure they are top 4/perennial contenders yet but they’ll be hard to beat especially whilst Pendles and Sidebottom are still playing. Those 2 will be hard to replace however.

It’s a game of inches and a lot of things seemed to go their way this year. Also I can’t understate Ginnivan’s high % of goals from frees he didn’t deserve which I’m not sure they’ll be able to rely on in the seasons coming.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back