Unofficial Preview The Premiers v The Handbags - Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I miss the old Kardinia Park. Those uncovered restrooms were a great joy in the middle of winter. Jumping over puddles to get in and then the problem with shrinkage while standing in the cold rain will always be sketched into my brain. Yes, that and the old man in the red rattler back in '78 or '79 with frozen snot on his mustache.

Seeing us beat them in 2002 when I went with a few BF Doggie supporters and meeting a couple of others there was so much fun.

Oh yeah... I hate Billy Brownless.

Just found this thread.

Anybody keen for a pre-game beer or two head to the Lord of the Isles Tavern ... it's a good place to drown your sorrows afterwards too and a chance to reserve your corner early.

Just found this thread.

Anybody keen for a pre-game beer or two head to the Lord of the Isles Tavern ... it's a good place to drown your sorrows afterwards too and a chance to reserve your corner early.

There won't be any spots left, all the Cat's supporters having left the match early ;)

I miss the old Kardinia Park. Those uncovered restrooms were a great joy in the middle of winter. Jumping over puddles to get in and then the problem with shrinkage while standing in the cold rain will always be sketched into my brain. Yes, that and the old man in the red rattler back in '78 or '79 with frozen snot on his mustache.

Seeing us beat them in 2002 when I went with a few BF Doggie supporters and meeting a couple of others there was so much fun.

Oh yeah... I hate Billy Brownless.

We did have a good run of wins down there late 90s early 2000s. Unfortunately a few very long droughts there too.

My favourite part was standing on the low and deep terraces on the old outer wing with my Geelong supporting brother :mad: watching the reserves before the main game. Then at 2.08pm all the 6' 5'' (196cm) sons of Western District farmers would arrive and come stand right in front of us. It was like trying to watch the game from behind blocks of flats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back