The premiership race is not wide open

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong poster just jinxed his club. Good work on that OP.

Wouldn't be surprised if cracks start to show again this year with Geelongs older players. Bartel, Taylor, Mackie, Enright, Lonergan (just those from friday) could all fall off a cliff. Would want to make a premiership this year because they do not have young talent to reach the heights of these players ready to come in and take their spots. There will be no good draft picks to replace them. Has to go all right at the pointy end of the year.
Youre funny

If Dangerfield gets injured, Geelong's season will go down the drain.

He is literally the reason they are 7-1, nothing else.

The Cats are nowhere near a genuine premiership threat, they won't even make it past the Semi Finals imho.

GWS on the other hand... they're a very dangerous outfit.

You clearly haven't watched us play this year if you really think that Dangerfield makes our team.

Dangerfield is the best player in the AFL but one man does not make a team no matter how good of a player he is.

This phrase keeps being thrown about. It's simply false. The premiership contenders this year are becoming very obvious and to be honest it became obvious two weeks ago. As long as these teams have a reasonable run with injury, and they don't need hawthorn like luck with injuries at finals time but just the normal luck of grand final participants, then this years grand final will most likely be:

GWS vs Geelong

The only team that can upset this result without amazing Carlton 99 like luck is Nth Melbourne. But it's unlikely.

Both the GWS and Cats can go a level above everyone else in terms of ball movement and defence and are simply more talented then everyone else. This premiership race is the least open since 2011 as we haven't had two teams clearly above the rest of the competition since then.

Hawks have lost three key players and replaced them with no one and their ageing players are starting to fall away, albeit very gradually. Roughead back will help but he ain't the difference. They may make the prelims but will need one hell of a magic rabbit to pull off a win barring a spate of injuries to their opponents. The Swans simply aren't good enough in defence and are a bit slow. Other then Nth, the Bulldogs have a very slim chance but their defence is also probably too weak to seriously challenge.

Ridicule this thread as always happen. But it will be bumped on grand final week and during the season as you all eventually come to the same realisation of how it will play out.
Even if you're right, why start a thread on the main board about ito_O

You clearly haven't watched us play this year if you really think that Dangerfield makes our team.

Dangerfield is the best player in the AFL but one man does not make a team no matter how good of a player he is.

Dangerfield's impact has a flow on effect throughout the team though, I honestly feel that this flow on is what lifts you guys from Top 8 to Top 4 quality.

I see it as a similar thing to Lids with Richmond, although to be fair I do think Geelong without Danger are still much better than Richmond without Lids, but you get my point.

Geelong is by no means a poor team, you're definitely Top 8 standard, but I almost guarantee that if you take Danger out of your team, you fall back into the pack and are a 5th-8th team rather than a Top 4 team.

I can already think of at least 3 of your 7 wins that, had Danger not played, you may not have won the game. The Hawthorn game, the Bombers game, and also the Eagles game, Dangerfield almost single-handedly got the game back on your terms when it was looking like the opposition were going to run over you. The Hawthorn game especially!

With that said though, as long as he doesn't get injured, you're a chance I guess. But in finals, I think your reliance on Danger to lift you will ultimately hold you back from being a genuine contender.

FWIW the Cats are pretty much my second team, so I'm not saying this out of any angst towards you blokes. I just don't think you're as good as your current record suggests.

This phrase keeps being thrown about. It's simply false. The premiership contenders this year are becoming very obvious and to be honest it became obvious two weeks ago. As long as these teams have a reasonable run with injury, and they don't need hawthorn like luck with injuries at finals time but just the normal luck of grand final participants, then this years grand final will most likely be:

GWS vs Geelong

The only team that can upset this result without amazing Carlton 99 like luck is Nth Melbourne. But it's unlikely.

Both the GWS and Cats can go a level above everyone else in terms of ball movement and defence and are simply more talented then everyone else. This premiership race is the least open since 2011 as we haven't had two teams clearly above the rest of the competition since then.

Hawks have lost three key players and replaced them with no one and their ageing players are starting to fall away, albeit very gradually. Roughead back will help but he ain't the difference. They may make the prelims but will need one hell of a magic rabbit to pull off a win barring a spate of injuries to their opponents. The Swans simply aren't good enough in defence and are a bit slow. Other then Nth, the Bulldogs have a very slim chance but their defence is also probably too weak to seriously challenge.

Ridicule this thread as always happen. But it will be bumped on grand final week and during the season as you all eventually come to the same realisation of how it will play out.
In your vision, do I get tickets to the Grand Final?

GWS vs Geelong

You are a deadset idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS vs Geelong

It will be bumped alright, to prove how dearly incorrect you were, after Hawthorn wins their fourth flag in a row. Hows the arrogance from Geelong supporters, its disgusting..

As I see it our goal thos year is make the 8, nothing more or less. We undertand there are 17 other clubs out there and the odds of winning are not great. I'm not so sure about Geelong but I think North definitely, results speak. That said you do jave to win the flag in September but I'm not going to say they cant.
My problem with Geelong as we did a bit wrong in the game in Canberra and they looked short of depth past their stars to me. Could be famous last words though, we'll know more in 4 weeks

It will be bumped alright, to prove how dearly incorrect you were, after Hawthorn wins their fourth flag in a row. Hows the arrogance from Geelong supporters, its disgusting..
From what I've observed it's just 1 or 2 posters whose allegiance to Geelong is somewhat dubious. I wouldn't put it past hawthorn trolls to create alias accounts for the sole purpose of pretending to be Geelong supporters culminating in these sort of posts that non-Geelong fans are bookmarking in order to bump it and troll us in future. Their obsession with Geelong is that toxic that they'd go to all that trouble just to achieve that. Notice that the OP hasn't received any support from other Geelong supporters.

GWS vs Geelong

Geelong poster just jinxed his club. Good work on that OP.

Wouldn't be surprised if cracks start to show again this year with Geelongs older players. Bartel, Taylor, Mackie, Enright, Lonergan (just those from friday) could all fall off a cliff. Would want to make a premiership this year because they do not have young talent to reach the heights of these players ready to come in and take their spots. There will be no good draft picks to replace them. Has to go all right at the pointy end of the year.
Someone's still a bit bitter about friday nights result.

I don't ever recall King Cold posting on our forum, he just makes stupid threads on the mainboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back