The premiership race is not wide open

Remove this Banner Ad

In unrelated news, the Titanic is unsinkable and the Hindenburg fire-proof.
Geelong aren't unbeatable by any stretch. The fact they've lost four games is testament to that. However, there's no way anyone is getting within a bulls roar of them in September.

Everyone is saying the premiership race is wide open. I don't agree with this at all as it seems pretty clear cut who the best side is. The best side is Geelong and everyone else is playing for second. Runners up race on the other hand is pretty open with about six teams a chance to make the grand final. Pisses me off because Geelong have been dominating for 15 years now.

2022 premiers - Geelong.
2022 runners up - Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, Melbourne or Sydney.

Put your house on the Cats to win the premiership. $3.50 odds with the TAB you won't have to worry about lotto tickets again.
They haven't been this clear a favourite since 2008.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

On current from Geelong look a long way in-front. I dont see them being challenged by any of the interstate teams at the G in finals which makes Collingwood/Melbourne the key contenders IMO.

However, AFL is a funny ol' sport in the sense that you only need to have one off game in a prelim or a granny and it's all been for nothing. take 08 as an example. the 'best' team doesen't always win and as such I wont be counting my chickens til we're holding the cup! Cautiously optimistic though.

Sydney are always a sneaky chance for an upset. They would be the interstate team to avoid at G.

Everyone is saying the premiership race is wide open. I don't agree with this at all as it seems pretty clear cut who the best side is. The best side is Geelong and everyone else is playing for second. Runners up race on the other hand is pretty open with about six teams a chance to make the grand final. Pisses me off because Geelong have been dominating for 15 years now.

2022 premiers - Geelong.
2022 runners up - Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, Melbourne or Sydney.

Put your house on the Cats to win the premiership. $3.50 odds with the TAB you won't have to worry about lotto tickets again.
Dumb dumbs like you never learn. Geelong always fall apart in finals.

They were gifted the easiest draw imaginable this year as a parting gift for Hocking; play Melbourne once (Kardinia), play Brisbane once (Kardinia) play North Melbourne TWICE.

Geelong aren't unbeatable by any stretch. The fact they've lost four games is testament to that. However, there's no way anyone is getting within a bulls roar of them in September.
Are you some kind of sh*tposter or are you really that clueless?

Geelong's September record over the last 10 years is laughably bad.

They were gifted the easiest draw imaginable this year as a parting gift for Hocking; play Melbourne once (Kardinia), play Brisbane once (Kardinia) play North Melbourne TWICE.
They just dog-walked your mob, bit of respect please.

The 2nd best team in the comp right now is probably the Bombers. :p

i love the part of the year where the bombres think they are relevant, it makes it so much sweeter when their hopes get absolutely pulverised the following season. you'd think they'd figure it out after almost 20 years but they never do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why exactly? Honest question, is it because of Danger?

It can't because we have won to much, its been more than a decade since our last flag.

Maybe it is because of Danger. To be honest I really don't care, just want to see an enjoyable finals series and if Geelong wins it all that is fine for me. Finals hasn't been Geelong's best friend over the past 10 years but as they say cats have 9 lives so that is why they are always in contention each year and I think this year is their best chance, they almost did it 2 years ago. We'll see anyway. Of course I hope Melbourne wins it again but then you have the big surprise of 2022 Fremantle. I am not sure if Brisbane can win it though. Melbourne and Geelong are my favorites right now.

Good thing Hawthorn aint making it then 😉
Are you sure? I have the ladder looking like this.
Apart from Hawthorn winning out, there are no other real upsets needed to make it happen
Screenshot_20220717-210518_DuckDuckGo.jpg

On current from Geelong look a long way in-front. I dont see them being challenged by any of the interstate teams at the G in finals which makes Collingwood/Melbourne the key contenders IMO.

However, AFL is a funny ol' sport in the sense that you only need to have one off game in a prelim or a granny and it's all been for nothing. take 08 as an example. the 'best' team doesen't always win and as such I wont be counting my chickens til we're holding the cup! Cautiously optimistic though.
Freo is a big worry for you. They always play well against the Cats and could easily win a qualifying final if you finish 1st and they finish 4th.

That said, I won't trust that Chris Scott can coach this team to a flag until they are holding it up at the end of a GF.

Plays West Coast twice as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back