The Premiership Standard - 100pts for, 86 pts against

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously huge ROFL.

Here's a racist joke for you....still laughing....

fb919e9511106dd090a4eba89fad1d30.jpg
Glad freo didn't go 0-10 in 2017, but there you go

Err...no he is not.

Until this year he has done nothing but plunder lists in pursuit of a flag, until there is no hope left and then he up's stumps. UNtill this last year refused to play kids.

He is a megalomaniac in sheeps clothing.
he is with us for another 3 years. Oh and he has played youf

I think every team would look pretty good if you wrote off their losses.

With Swans it's a clear delineation pre and post round 7. If the losses had been evenly spread out I wouldn't make the argument, clearly.

With Swans it's a clear delineation pre and post round 7. If the losses had been evenly spread out I wouldn't make the argument, clearly.
Can Geelong discount our three week periods of losses against Collingwood Gold Coast and Essendon? We clearly just had a period that was unrepresentative of what the side can achieve.

What rubbish.

Can Geelong discount our three week periods of losses against Collingwood Gold Coast and Essendon? We clearly just had a period that was unrepresentative of what the side can achieve.

What rubbish.

Was it at the very start of the season?

Actually further to taking away our worst six games of the year, if we take away Adelaide's first quarter against Sydney in Rnd 22 where they got 5 goals ahead, you'll find the final 3 quarters were way more representative of the game, thus should be awarded the win

/bizarrebase615logic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah this 'Standard' thing is rubbish. The premier is the team that wins the grand final - simple as that.
Actually further to taking away our worst six games of the year, if we take away Adelaide's first quarter against Sydney in Rnd 22 where they got 5 goals ahead, you'll find the final 3 quarters were way more representative of the game, thus should be awarded the win

/bizarrebase615logic
Pray to god that troy Pannell doesn't umpire any of the crows finals.

It was a string of games unrepresentative of our style of play, it doesn't matter if it was at the start or not...seriously what a crock mate.

Of course it matters. This thread is about whether the team is in premiership standard form, not your points record at the end of the season. Uninterrupted form over the proposed benchmark since game 6 is totally different in this particular argument than having periods in the middle of the season where a couple of losses took you below that benchmark.

Of course it matters. This thread is about whether the team is in premiership standard form, not your points record at the end of the season. Uninterrupted form over the proposed benchmark since game 6 is totally different in this particular argument than having periods in the middle of the season where a couple of losses took you below that benchmark.
I don't see how. Cherry picking stats for yourself is simply disingenuous.

Except the statistic used to assess premiership standard form in this thread is literally points record at the end of the season.

Except the statistic used to assess premiership standard form in this thread is literally points record at the end of the season.

Not as a total though, as an average. If the last 16 games have been way above that average, and the opponents in those games have included the other top sides, then the form for the first 6 games have been essentially rendered irrelevant.

Only premiership standard is winning the GF

Should be 13 of the last 15.

Sydney 2005 - 86 for and 74 against.
Dogs won the 2016 flag scoring 84 points a game conceding 72. Tigers won the 2017 flag scoring 90.5 conceding 76.5.

Sydney in 2005 were a once off. They're not the standard you aim for, they're an anomaly that probably won't be repeated in years.

It's funny that 86 points against is the high point for premiership defences. For most teams these days that would be a match losing score.

Freo barely average better than that as an offensive score. I would love to see Freo's scoring improve, but I don't see it so long as plodders and hacks like Suban and De Boer are continually up for selection.
Sydney wasn't a once off. Dogs in 2016 and Tigers this year defied the stats.

The squiggle has been telling us this for years..... NEXT!
the Squiggle can kiss my Kim Kardashian.

Oh and your team didn't score an average of 100 points a game and conceded 85. Your Tigers scored 90.5 points and concede 76.5. So.... Do you want to retract that stupid statement or do you want to hand back your 2017 flag for not scoring 100 points a game and conceding 86?

Dogs won the 2016 flag scoring 84 points a game conceding 72. Tigers won the 2017 flag scoring 90.5 conceding 76.5.

Oh and your team didn't score an average of 100 points a game and conceded 85. Your Tigers scored 90.5 points and concede 76.5. So.... Do you want to retract that stupid statement or do you want to hand back your 2017 flag for not scoring 100 points a game and conceding 86?

Quoting posts made two years ago and then using new evidence to prove them wrong is a bit of 'non bis in idem' , aka poor form.

Interesting that the attack/defence differential of 14 points is pretty consistent though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back