Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to have brought in someone external to the club, with many years of experience in the industry.

Liddle from Richmond, SOS and Brodie from GWS, Lloyd from Fremantle, Agresta from Sydney...

Barker from Hawthorn.

Hope Dramoth doesn't see this.

I've got no issue with his experience. He's been in the league for long enough and his club has been successful in different periods, including making a GF with a limited list. I also don't like the idea that past success guarantees it in the future. I prefer that we hire younger, hungry, forward thinking people in these positions. The is changing rapidly and will continue to do so.

The idea that someone like this would 'owe' something to the Board or MLG for giving him a break is laughable, frankly. He's a professional, with a long career in the sport and knows that he will be judged by results. I'd be more worried about appointing an almost past it 'name' who doesn't have much to lose or to look forward to. See Malthouse, M.

So he has plenty of experience with list and player management. Great; we already have a GM of List Management and Strategy though...

Where has he earned the experience of managing a coaching panel? One as inexperienced as ours requires an experienced head sitting above them for guidance. I just don't think we're getting that here.

He’s got better background & experience than hiring a vet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terry Wallace said great appointment. Class bloke, hard worker etc. Coached him at Bulldogs (reserves)
Werent you saying only a weeks ago that you didnt rate Terry Wallace's opinion?

Similar to when we were asking for an independent review, I believe your response was to the contrary. Now i see you want a review as well? It is clear we need one.

Do we think Brad Lloyd will be given the independence to review all positions that report to him and the authority to implement change?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Werent you saying only a week a go that you didnt rate Terry Wallace's opinion Soapy V?

Similar to when we were asking for an independent review, I believe your response was to the contrary. Now i see you want a review as well? It is clear we need one.

Do we think Brad Lloyd will be given the independence to review all positions that report to him and the authority to implement change?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

????

I've got no issue with his experience. He's been in the league for long enough and his club has been successful in different periods, including making a GF with a limited list. I also don't like the idea that past success guarantees it in the future. I prefer that we hire younger, hungry, forward thinking people in these positions. The is changing rapidly and will continue to do so.

The idea that someone like this would 'owe' something to the Board or MLG for giving him a break is laughable, frankly. He's a professional, with a long career in the sport and knows that he will be judged by results. I'd be more worried about appointing an almost past it 'name' who doesn't have much to lose or to look forward to. See Malthouse, M.

See Balme, N. I like the appointment, they sound like shrewd operators the 'other brothers'. Was Simon in the mix for Liddles job as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back