Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board - CJUDD joins Board 17th Oct

Discussion in 'Carlton' started by Aphrodite, Oct 5, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. barass70

barass70 Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Caro and Jenkins are very close and SOS is upset it’s all bullshit and Jenkins was the first to interview Lethlean

Stamos, therubbernub and gandaal like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. The Bighouse

The Bighouse Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    WTF, why drop the club in the shite over this for the sensationalism.

3. barass70

barass70 Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    He told the club he going to move family to Melbourne after 12 months..it’s been over 3 years and Family still in Adelaide so what’s that say?

4. The Bighouse

The Bighouse Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Unfortunately needed to cover our tracks and if the story broke, be better prepared to run through with our plans (for the betterment of the CFC). **Only takes 1 to ruin the party room intentions though it seems.

Leave Trigg to see out AFLW if that was the case in reduced $$'s if he desired but for his part time attendance.

5. bluebrew

bluebrew Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Carlton

6. barass70

barass70 Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Yes.. as i said earlier you strike while the iron is hot good CEO don’t grow on trees

7. bluebrew

bluebrew Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Carlton
    The Club NEVER offered him a full time position..which would have been the trigger for him to do so as agreed at his original appointment.

8. Aphrodite

Aphrodite Moderator

Carlton
    Other teams:
    "Goddess"
    So no interview at Egon Zehnder ;)

9. The Bighouse

The Bighouse Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Should ace it!

10. sparkyblue

sparkyblue Team Captain

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Steelers, Man Utd, Boston Celtics
    Didn't meet him personally, but Lethlean is highly regarded by my contacts who work(ed) at AFL House and from everything I saw of how he ran AFL Ops when I last visited, I was impressed.

Stamos, therubbernub, HARKER and 2 others like this.
  11. The Bighouse

The Bighouse Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Seemed well liked/respected by the media too in his dealings with his previous roles at AFL house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. KoutaGnome

KoutaGnome Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Crankyhawk, agree that the lack of leaking from the board over the past 3 years has been a positive development.
    Commend the board for that. However, am troubled that they allowed the club to have a CEO that was a FIFO. For 3 whole years.
    Our club has been a shambles for most of this century. Board instability. Political infighting. Salary scandal. Multiple sacked coaches. Too many woeful onfield performances and wooden spoons 'won'.
    Not to mention the mountain of debt, stagnant membership numbers and issues with corporate sponsorship.
    Then Trigg came along and has steadied the CFC ship. I commend him for that.
    However, Trigg publicly stated back in April 2015, that his family would be moving over from Adelaide. It was just a case of 'timing'
    In 3 years that never happened. Maybe Trigg and his family may have compelling reasons for not re-locating
    However, not sure how many other AFL clubs have current CEO's that are FIFO's. Plus, are dealing with having to resurrect, restructure and reset a club, on just about every level.
    The board has allowed this FIFO situation to go on longer than it should. I suspect their silence on the matter also reflects their concerns on how the Blues faithful would react.

Crankyhawk likes this.
  13. Styxx

Styxx Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Chicago Bulls
    Think the club may have suffered from being too cautious in how they wanted to handle this.

Maybe Trigg has been set to leave for a period and it was a case of finding the replacement and making a quiet transition.

Then Caro blows it up to a point where everything we do looks bad now.

Would imagine Hawthorn are worse off than we are in recent board departments.

The Bighouse likes this.
  14. The Bighouse

The Bighouse Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Just wondering if we'll keep Virgin as a major now Triggy will be on reduced frequent flyers.

15. BlueTongue

BlueTongue Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    H̶o̶b̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶C̶i̶t̶y̶ North Hobart
    While I'm no moralistic saint and I'm prepared to forgive & forget, I just hope that the Club hasn't underestimated the negative publicity this may generate and the memberships this could cost us. I'm sure we could also find another CEO who is maybe 95% as good and won't generate nearly as much controversy.

16. JustaBattler

JustaBattler Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    What will you say if this so called 'controversial appointment' happens and memberships go up? You do realise there is no law against consenting adults having intimate relationships don't you? Where was the complaint made by an offended party to the AFL regarding ANY form harassment or intimidation?

Stop beating the jungle drums mate -you and your ilk are just braying donkeys.

Perhaps you should reflect as much if not more on the rumour going around (if true) that a Board member with her own agenda broke every rule of corporate governance in providing gossip and innuendo to a known muck racking journalist and should resign right? Why aren't you beating this obvious drum?

As for some other comments above regarding the President - they border on racial stereotyping - not funny in my book and should not be tolerated on the Board - disgusting and inappropriate - SHAME on you.

As for Kennett's comments- he is a clever fella our Mr (and rumoured wife basher) ex Premier isn't he? Known Scumbag couldn't care less what this bloke -0 busy disguising an unsavoury sacking of a a female CEO has to say.

gab213 likes this.
  17. Keyza

Keyza Premiership Player

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Am I understanding this right? One of our board members leaked information to Caro?

18. The Old Dark Navy's

The Old Dark Navy's Up, Up Cronulla

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Cronulla, Dallas Cowboys, Forest
    Wow. Jenkins leaked?

Shades of Lauraine Diggins.

19. BlueTongue

BlueTongue Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Well then I'll be content that the club made a prudent appointment. I'm not one to fapp over my own opinions if the club gets it right.

Getting a bit personal aren't you 'Just a Battler' ? My point has always been concern that the club is going to lose memberships over a (all too soon to the recent controversial) decision. If I 'm wrong, we won't lose memberships, end of story. But going by the amount of publicity it's already gathered, we just might.

Yeah OK I'll cop that on the chin (if you are actually genuine about those comments and not just puffing your chest out trying to 'score a win')

Lol you don't mind spitting out a few poisonous rumours yerself, do you?

Beer n Skittles likes this.
  20. The Bighouse

The Bighouse Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Strange that a CEO should be in one's mindset when supporting a team.

mediumsizered and Broadside like this.
  21. BlueTongue

BlueTongue Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    That's a fair point

22. HARKER

HARKER Hall of Famer

Carlton
    Other teams:
    That post is somewhat Jekyll and Hyde.

It is tiresome though having to associate a name with a discretion, none of us really know much about, nor should allow to become our business.
    Unfortunately it will continue to be raised, dissected and moralised upon. Pretty tiring really.

23. BlueTongue

BlueTongue Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Yes - it reflects my state of mind over the whole affair really

24. jj1978

jj1978 Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Agree on Kennet, was a board member for s company I once worked for and met him a few times... Egotistical, a hole of the highest order and had his fingers in many pies.... Smart cookie though.

25. ferrisb

ferrisb Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Other teams:
    So, Lethlean is a good buddy of Gil's and Gil is very keen for him to get a job at club land.

I hate boys' club appointments, but I'd love to have someone that Gil is likely to deal favourably with.

I'm torn. Self-interest VS moral high ground.

Hmmmmm, thinking...

Thinking.....

Welcome to Carlton, Simon!

ShanDog, ESKIE, Mr_Plow and 3 others like this.