Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Except that no one seems to have told Trigg. This is despite the fact that Carlton's interest in former AFL football boss Simon Lethlean and Lethlean's interest in Carlton has become an open secret among senior staff at head office and a widening circle of club chief executives.
Blues chairman Mark LoGiudice has not responded to questions from Fairfax Media about Trigg's future for a fortnight despite repeated requests. This after LoGiudice flatly denied that Trigg was leaving when first contacted at the start of last month

Early days on this story, but this would be the old Carlton at work again, handing out the mushroom treatment.
Always said that it's not what we do but the way that we do it, that makes critical situations unnecessarily unsavoury.

Off field power brokers...
Heard this before

LoGiudice's first big play as president-elect in 2014 was to direct a godfather offer at Hawthorn's contracted list manager Graham Wright – an offer made without the full knowledge of the board and which was ultimately rejected. But not before senior Blues recruiting staff found out and were livid.

......and sadly you'll hear it again, when we can conduct our business in the above manner.
How amateurish was that move on Wright, if it played out as has been written-up above.?
That was my understanding at the time. Not....Good....Business.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
What it really sounds like - and the narrative she's pursuing - is a wealthy men's club, in which past misdemeanors are forgotten as soon as the papers stop writing about them, where if you've a mate in need of a job you find a way to make room.

It's certainly an easy story to tell, though; would that we didn't have this sort of history to make this such an easy tale. Given that Barass has said that Lethlan will be CEO, one would think there's substance to this.

I'm going to hold out in hope that this is the usual media muckwreaking, and that it'll go away sooner or later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The President is entitled to look for a better performing CEO - you never know, replacing him with a full time worker might be an improvement. I am glad that the Club isn't conducting its business according to journalist's agendas.

bluemahogany

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Manchester United
Will wait for another source on this since Caro has a hate for boys club boards, but this sounds all too familiar. Don't mind replacing Trigg if he's not meeting requirements, but to do it all behind the back doesn't sit well. While I think Logiudice has done a good job bringing Silvagni and Bolton in, I doubt he has full control over the board while we're in debt and Mathieson and Pratt are still there. Still plenty to clean up at board level

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Well you all know my thoughts, but the Dogs ran a process and offered him the role, so that's as good a seal of approval as we'll find.

The problem is here is the board unrest and the way this is being conducted.

Will wait for another source on this since Caro has a hate for boys club boards, but this sounds all too familiar. Don't mind replacing Trigg if he's not meeting requirements, but to do it all behind the back doesn't sit well. While I think Logiudice has done a good job bringing Silvagni and Bolton in, I doubt he has full control over the board while we're in debt and Mathieson and Pratt are still there. Still plenty to clean up at board level
Caro's as good a source as you'll see for this, and probably spoke to Trigg about the matter.

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Um be realistic
This happens everywhere!!!!

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty hard to keep your job if you are failing in major KPI's and are not fully committed (not relocating to the State your job is located in).

I have worked remotely and commuted and it has a negative impact on performance. This is not a senior role with offices in different states where it doesn't really matter where you will be based.

barass70

All Australian
Oct 28, 2008
AVONDALE HTS
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty hard to keep your job if you are failing in major KPI's and are not fully committed (not relocating to the State your job is located in).

I have worked remotely and commuted and it has a negative impact on performance. This is not a senior role with offices in different states where it doesn't really matter where you will be based.
Spot on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back