Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcus Clarke's tenure on the board has expired, as of February this year. No replacement named yet.

What an absolute non event. Like they’re trying to paint us as being in disarray at board level. First the “people are telling me SOS is leaving at the end of the year” now this junk. FLOG

Any good club worth it's salt would be coming out to make a public statement that a performance like yesterday's is not accepted, and put the entire football department on notice.

Do we think Juddchella backyard event organiser turned Football Director Chris Judd will be doing this? No chance

Do we think that the bloke whose father made all his money turned Club President will do this? An even lesser chance

What about Cain Liddle? Surely his precious membership number targets are now in jeopardy, and would be drawn into comment?

This year is now an abject failure. 7 wins; it's not even an improvement on last year. We've just lost to the worst Adelaide team of all time, in an absolute listless performance. The above figures are the ones we look towards to really make a statement on this, and all are missing in action. The Fish is rotting at the head. We will not be improving as a club until the above figureheads start demanding performance. Either their attitudes need to change, or they need to go. The club is in a rut and they are central to the issue.

Any good club worth it's salt would be coming out to make a public statement that a performance like yesterday's is not accepted, and put the entire football department on notice.

Do we think Juddchella backyard event organiser turned Football Director Chris Judd will be doing this? No chance

Do we think that the bloke whose father made all his money turned Club President will do this? An even lesser chance

What about Cain Liddle? Surely his precious membership number targets are now in jeopardy, and would be drawn into comment?

This year is now an abject failure. 7 wins; it's not even an improvement on last year. We've just lost to the worst Adelaide team of all time, in an absolute listless performance. The above figures are the ones we look towards to really make a statement on this, and all are missing in action. The Fish is rotting at the head. We will not be improving as a club until the above figureheads start demanding performance. Either their attitudes need to change, or they need to go. The club is in a rut and they are central to the issue.

Proportionally it's a better year than last year.

Plus I think the scores against are better.

If you think this year has been a success, quite frankly you're a part of the problem

Hahaha yes me.... I am the problem.

This year is a vast improvement on last year... Pretty much on every tangible front and that is taking in to account we haven't been playing at home.

This off season no doubt the team will work on the opposition goal streaks and forward half pressure.

I am pretty confident that we will make the 8 next year.

If you think this year has been a success, quite frankly you're a part of the problem

Success is a 'story' and depending on the story you want to write and read it differs from persons to persons. If we wish to be brutal - there are 17 losers every year.

New coach + COVID + hub life + no training for a young side + all sorts of complications = week to week mayhem and discontinuity.

Don't forget that even recovery from minor injury is hampered by lack of access to CLub resources and facilities. Sides with deeper lists or more developed this or that - or just better injury luck playing on home grounds - have serious advantages. A fixture including multiple games packed together is another lottery factor in the mix.

if you are so inclined to describe that as a fail and quote whatever to say it - then you are right, it is your story you are writing.

I'm not inclined to pass severe judgment for the reasons above.

On the Board and management issues - I've written in the past that this is a not for profit organisation - there are no financial incentives for professional Directors - all there is a marketing function that sits on top of a player coaching development and picks function - paid employees whose payments are determined by the AFL.

Within this context - membership numbers and membership revenue flowing through to gate receipts and a healthier on balance sheet is a sign of improvement. So there you have it - we are financially better off on paper due to higher membership numbers. A lot of people take comfort in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha yes me.... I am the problem.

This year is a vast improvement on last year... Pretty much on every tangible front and that is taking in to account we haven't been playing at home.

This off season no doubt the team will work on the opposition goal streaks and forward half pressure.

I am pretty confident that we will make the 8 next year.
I think that there has not been enough improvement and that there are still areas of great concern. One of the main ones is our general lack of composure which affects our decision making, not just in the forward zone but all over the ground. Further to this we have only Weitering, Walsh, Seetlefield and possibly McKay who have improved.

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but even with covid and for all the excuses, we won't hit the ratio of wins we banked on.
Given though we were in many games, I feel that any squeeze that may have come about.....won't come about.

What we have put in place now won't change, although wasn't MLG stepping down this year?
I think it's like this: There won't be any rumblings nor noise, unless we don't make finals next year. I don't think there's anything else we can do right now.

If I was a member of the Board of the CFC, I would be hauling Teague and his assistants asking a few questions.
1: Were the players there to play footy and try and keep the club in touch of playing finals, or were they in party mood?
2: Why was an Opposition player carried off the ground by Carlton players? Even the Crow's coach commented how he had never seen anything like that in his life.
3: Were the coaches aware that this was going to be done? If yes, why did they permit it?
4: How do you account for such a pathetic start to the match which ultimately cost the team the match?

Bryce Gibbs chose to leave the club. He provided great service etc etc, but he ultimately left. I understand that he has friendships, but you do all that when the cameras are off, and out of the gaze of the public.

I wonder what Maclure and Johnston would be thinking.. This is footy 2020?? Any wonder we have been in the wilderness for the past 18 years.

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but even with covid and for all the excuses, we won't hit the ratio of wins we banked on.
Given though we were in many games, I feel that any squeeze that may have come about.....won't come about.

What we have put in place now won't change, although wasn't MLG stepping down this year?
I think it's like this: There won't be any rumblings nor noise, unless we don't make finals next year. I don't think there's anything else we can do right now.
Yup, with everything that's happened this year unless we under or overperformed significantly, it's eyes on next season for the most part. That's when pressure + expectations will really start to come to the fore

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I was a member of the Board of the CFC, I would be hauling Teague and his assistants asking a few questions.
1: Were the players there to play footy and try and keep the club in touch of playing finals, or were they in party mood?
2: Why was an Opposition player carried off the ground by Carlton players? Even the Crow's coach commented how he had never seen anything like that in his life.
3: Were the coaches aware that this was going to be done? If yes, why did they permit it?
4: How do you account for such a pathetic start to the match which ultimately cost the team the match?

Bryce Gibbs chose to leave the club. He provided great service etc etc, but he ultimately left. I understand that he has friendships, but you do all that when the cameras are off, and out of the gaze of the public.

I wonder what Maclure and Johnston would be thinking.. This is footy 2020?? Any wonder we have been in the wilderness for the past 18 years.

I think a couple of players carrying a mate off the ground is by far the least of our worries.

In terms of a positive or negative effect with other players from other clubs I think it would receive a favourable response.

I think a couple of players carrying a mate off the ground is by far the least of our worries.

In terms of a positive or negative effect with other players from other clubs I think it would receive a favourable response.

It clearly demonstrated that the players minds were elsewhere and evidenced by the way they played. It also appeared that Gibbs was appreciated more by his ex team mates than his current ones. Without doubt one of the most bizarre things I have seen in a very long time.

As for having other problems to worry about? Yes, we do. Clearly there is something seriously wrong within the inner sanctum when players are more concerned about fare welling a former player than playing to win to try and get a finals spot. What will they do next week, line up and cheer Robinson onto the field? If Judd and the Board shrug their shoulders and let this pass to the keeper, then they are sending the wrong message to everyone.

As much as the carrying off of an opposition player (regardless of him once playing for us) is highly unusual. I find players laughing and wrapping arms around the opposition prior to the game (as was the case yesterday) completely unacceptable. It’s bad enough for me post game. Our Club needs a harder edge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back