News The Presser at Midday

Remove this Banner Ad

See previous response - to compare Higgins, Brown, Cunnington & Tarrant to Cotchin, Riewoldt, Martin & Rance is kinda ridiculous ...
You still are not answering the question.

At the end of 2016 if people compared Cotchin, Riewoldt, Martin and Rance to [insert premiership spine] people would have laughed.

For all of his flaws, Brads Scotts was right about one thing: the competition is more even than it has been in a long time.

A lot can change over one off-season. Get rid of a Vickery, get rid of a Deledio, get in a Nankervis or a Caddy, watch what can happen.

In our case, get rid of a Scotts, get in a new guy, who knows what could happen?

People were never going to be happy no matter what was said at the press conference today.

They could have said exactly what people wanted to hear and there would still be people who weren't appeased.

Interesting to see what the club does from here. Personally hope there will at least be a mini clean out of coaching staff, get some fresh ideas through.

Last edited:

Thoughts on Peter Nash, Glenn Archer and Brian Walsh conducting the review ? Would have liked someone a bit more removed to be involved/ in charge
It's a Boys Club that's why this review will be nothing sort of a joke maybe Tudor could go from the club other then a few people promoted or moved sideways.
As for our new coach he will be limited in what he be able to do in coaching or selection.
So next week expect the same 22 to be picked again

See previous response - to compare Higgins, Brown, Cunnington & Tarrant to Cotchin, Riewoldt, Martin & Rance is kinda ridiculous ...

Maybe, but that Richmond side on paper would have to be the biggest group of spuds to ever win a premiership. Shows a very large part of it is about attitude and confidence, which a coach can and should have a significant impact on.

You’re overrating Rance btw; at least Tarrant can play on a man.

WTF has Kane got against us - he is an obsessive flog whose meaningless opinions add nothing - I can see a career as a right wing shock jock

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
His ol' man would have had a rant over the dinner table every night after his short but somewhat unsuccessful foray in the highest completion in the land.

Seriously?

Tarrant and Rance are at least neck and neck.

Brown is 3rd in the Coleman and covers 10+kms per game, where is Jack right now?

Cotchin lol. I'd take Higgins any day. Higgins is classier and is beating Cotchin in key stats.
Screenshot_20190526-174443_AFL.jpg
Cunners and Martin are also neck and neck with Cunners having an edge in contested ball.

Not saying we have a list capable, but we could be a wildcard.

I think he has a point, Richmond always had elite talent, the rest of the list was average. They sorted that out with some good recruiting and a game plan ahead of the curve.

Our top end is nowhere near what they had.

Let's agree to disagree, especially on the last bit.

It's a Boys Club that's why this review will be nothing sort of a joke maybe Tudor could go from the club other then a few people promoted or moved sideways.
As for our new coach he will be limited in what he be able to do in coaching or selection.
So next week expect the same 22 to be picked again
Or maybe they are the best 22 and your judgment is shite ...

Brilliant, just ******* brilliant! This probably should be moved into the sack Scotts thread as his coaching eulogy. As I stated earlier Scott has threatened to resign when questioned previously.

He isn't the Saint many seem to be making him out to be.
Actually its 'offered' to resign. But put what spin you can to continue your nasty crusade against the ex-coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad went to the Board on the back of a disastrous start to the season - way below expectations and offered to resign. Forget strategic plans, he was trying to force the Board's hand to remove the uncertainty around his future.

Buckley and the Board thought about it having already sounded a public warning after the Essendon game. Eventually they thought yep, we've seen enough, we're calling your bluff and you're on your way.

Angry and shocked at the Board's decision, Scott delivers a number of thinly veiled attacks on the Board at the match day presser and demonstrates his anger with the King incident. All of that not the behaviour of a coach who really was accepting that he needed to go.

He then continually talks about how hard it was at the club in the early days and how the next coach and the current Board have blue sky ahead. He's saying I had it real tough and allowances should be made when judging my record. But the next coach and the current Board don't have any excuses and you the media - make sure you judge them on that.

They're not the statements of someone putting the club first, they're statements laced with bitterness and a feeling of injustice. "I was part of the team that pulled this club back from oblivion and now this new chairman has sacked me - wtf."

Next he heavily praised all the assistants and development coaches and talked about them and the club as though he was now the Director of Football and still had a big say in the future. In denial, talking away with Buckley sitting next to him thinking this guy doesn't get it yet.

He thanks O'Loughlin and in particular the media - really? Brad saying I want you all to be sympathetic to my narrative. It was a tough ride for me and I want you to put the heat on the Board and future coaches in their blue sky era.

Buckley has handled this very well - called his bluff and used his false altruism - club is bigger than the individual garbage to sell the change to the media. In actual fact Buckley had to sack a coach who had developed a very strong power base which included previous board members, previous players, existing players, coaches and staff. A very unpopular decision amongst those groups undoubtedly but a necessary and strong one as a prelude to the football review and the breaking down of the underperforming football ops group.

Scott took a punt in daring Buckley to sack him and lost.

No, I ordered a Strong Bow

I liked some of Kingy's thoughts today, didn't make much of an an issue out of Brads drive by, thinks our list is not as bad as a lot of people think, and also a a vote of confidence in Shaw as a caretaker "you watch what he can do with that list", well done Kingy.
He pretty much got all his christmases at once today. It would have been ridiculous for him to be salty.

Seriously?

Tarrant and Rance are at least neck and neck.

Brown is 3rd in the Coleman and covers 10+kms per game, where is Jack right now?

Cotchin lol. I'd take Higgins any day. Higgins is classier and is beating Cotchin in key stats.
View attachment 681017
Cunners and Martin are also neck and neck with Cunners having an edge in contested ball.

Not saying we have a list capable, but we could be a wildcard.

We definitely have the list available to be successful

I think most of us can agree that this outcome looks like it’s a win, win, win, win +

W1. Big Footy can relax a little
W2. Brad leaves in relatively good shape.
W3. Kane Cornes is seriously frustrated.
W4. New start for the club.
W5. Shaw gets a good crack at it.
W6. Pressure is on other clubs like Carlton & St Kida

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What planet are you on regarding 1?

I liked some of Kingy's thoughts today, didn't make much of an an issue out of Brads drive by, thinks our list is not as bad as a lot of people think, and also a a vote of confidence in Shaw as a caretaker "you watch what he can do with that list", well done Kingy.

Kingy is a North man.

Scott was just a visitor.

He copped it for telling the truth, about Scott and our (talented) list, but he is right.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back