News The Presser at Midday

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t believe how fake that presser was. Even more puzzling was the fact that nobody from the media asked why, if we need such a thorough rebuild did he recruit Aaron hall, jasper pittard and dom Tyson????? Complete brad Scott brand building exercise. Pity the next club that get him.

Richmond have stars mate. Even their B Graders are bloody good.

Prestia,Houli, Lynch, Caddy,Rioli are better than our A Graders.

We are miles off, people who think we are finals bound next year need to go and have a nap.
Give me a spell. Nothing against those guys, they're all good. But they aren't better than Higgins, Cunnington and Brown. Apart from Lynch who was at the gold coast in 2016.

Well if that's are best 22 then we would be in 8 and Brad Scott would be still our coach.
So maybe it is your judgement is shite .
BTW: Enjoy your 3 game membership or if you are member at all and will enjoy my reserve seat level 2 next Friday night as the new era starts where hopefully players get games on form not reputation.
thanks north man, I've been a member longer than you ...

Give me a spell. Nothing against those guys, they're all good. But they aren't better than Higgins, Cunnington and Brown. Apart from Lynch who was at the gold coast in 2016.

You are seriously deluded.

Rance is twice as good as Tarrant
Riewoldt twice as good as Brown
Higgins and Cotch about the same when Higgins is at his best
Cunners is a great player but is no dusty due to being slow and unathletic.

They are top 4, we've never been top 4. Not once have we been a legit top 4 team since 1999.

We are 3-7 and horrible with a bunch of potatoes getting regular games. Other than Cunners, Thomas, Higgins and Tarrant, who else gets a game in our last premiership team?

And by the way, none of those guys (bar Thomas) will be around when we next contend.

You are seriously deluded.

Rance is twice as good as Tarrant
Riewoldt twice as good as Brown
Higgins and Cotch about the same when Higgins is at his best
Cunners is a great player but is no dusty due to being slow and unathletic.

They are top 4, we've never been top 4. Not once have we been a legit top 4 team since 1999.

We are 3-7 and horrible with a bunch of potatoes getting regular games. Other than Cunners, Thomas, Higgins and Tarrant, who else gets a game in our last premiership team?

And by the way, none of those guys (bar Thomas) will be around when we next contend.
You mentioned Houli, Prestia, Caddy and Rioli, and said they were better than our A graders. If you want to talk about Martin, Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt that's an entirely different conversation.
But thanks for reminding me of Tarrant he's also better than the four you initially mentioned.

You mentioned Houli, Prestia, Caddy and Rioli, and said they were better than our A graders. If you want to talk about Martin, Cotchin, Rance and Riewoldt that's an entirely different conversation.
But thanks for reminding me of Tarrant he's also better than the four you initially mentioned.

It's arguably the least transparent troll on the entire world wide web, yet somehow you managed to fall in to it..

Tarrant is not better than Rance. It doesn't make you less of a North fan to accept it. You'd literally be in 1-1000000 minority. Always gets killed by Hawkins, Buddy, Kennedy. He is a good defender but never been AA and never deserved it either.

I'm pretty sure that's consensus.

Tarrant is not better than Rance. It doesn't make you less of a North fan to accept it. You'd literally be in 1-1000000 minority. Always gets killed by Hawkins, Buddy, Kennedy. He is a good defender but never been AA and never deserved it either.

I'm pretty sure that's consensus.
Is he better than Caddy?

Not interested in the presser. Brad put his numbers ahead of the club. I worked out his top up show 4 years ago. Great coaches take risks, develop young players and go for broke (Clarkson and Barassi come to mind) Good coaches rate competitive output, play older seasoned blokes to protect the furniture and sneak contract extensions. They never win premierships. (Eade and Scott come to mind)

It's arguably the least transparent troll on the entire world wide web, yet somehow you managed to fall in to it..

You wanted Marc Murphy during last trade period. You have no credits left.

Is he better than Caddy?

Not 2017 Caddy, no. I'd take 50 goals over a tinman defender any day.

Scotty Thompson is a much better player than Tarrant mate - hence the AA gong.

Tarrant should have been traded when he was worth something 3 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*21 goals (17 H&A)

46 last year.

He is pretty handy champ.

I'm a football fan, i don't really care about AFL anymore.

But if you overrate your list, like we have, you end up in the s**t. Tarrant is a good ordinary player, not better than Micky maybe slightly better than McCartney. On par with Peter Mann in 1993/94. Lengths behind Glendinning and Dench.

Scrapes into our best 10 tall backs in our history.

46 last year.

He is pretty handy champ.

I'm a football fan, i don't really care about AFL anymore.

But if you overrate your list, like we have, you end up in the ****. Tarrant is a good ordinary player, not better than Micky maybe slightly better than McCartney. On par with Peter Mann in 1993/94. Lengths behind Glendinning and Dench.

Scrapes into our best 10 tall backs in our history.

Miles off on Tarrant. If he played at Collingwood or Hawthorn in 2016 and 2017 he' be a 2 time AA. Rarely beaten and never monstered. Our best KPD this century by a long way. Compare him to his peers not the greatest full back in the history of the game in Dench and a once in a generation player in Glendinning. BTW not sure people have overrated our list. Our recently departed coach never plumbed it.

I would seriously suggest those that (I first believed to be trolling) think Tarrant isn't as good as Rance can be, go and watch games from 2015 to now.

More often than not, Tarrant was spoiling and taking contested marks in crucial stages of our close wins. Not only that, he has the potential to swing forward for a long bomb from 50.

When the backline is under siege, Tarrant leads the way in the contests.

Some posters on here have short memories it seems.

I get a gut feeling that we may trade some club favorites at the end of the year to have multiple first round picks
Similar has just been reported
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ooty-s-worst-kept-secret-20190526-p51r8r.html

I reckon the 4 off limits would be:
Goldy, we just don't have a ruckman who is anywhere near his level to replace him. Which makes letting Preuss go even dumber.
Cunners, our best mid, and extractor, again there is no one else near his level.
Brown, you don't just let your best forward go, who is on track for 60+ goals 3 years running
Tarrant, this bloke is holding our defense together, and will be even more important if this is Thompsons last year as expected.

Everyone else (except probably the kids we drafted last year) is on the table.

Didn't learn the lesson from Moneyball where Brad Pitt's character made the point that he needed distance from the playing group to manage them objectively.

Except Brad Pitt’s character was the GM not the Manager/Coach.

Kingy is a North man.

Scott was just a visitor.

He copped it for telling the truth, about Scott and our (talented) list, but he is right.

******* bullshit! Scott spent the same amount of years at the club that King did. To call one a North man and the other a visitor is nothing short of insulting to a man who would have put in countless hours of work for this club.

******* ********! Scott spent the same amount of years at the club that King did. To call one a North man and the other a visitor is nothing short of insulting to a man who would have put in countless hours of work for this club.
Kingy spilt blood on the field for us. The only blood Brad spilt for us was from a paper cut.

I can’t believe how fake that presser was. Even more puzzling was the fact that nobody from the media asked why, if we need such a thorough rebuild did he recruit Aaron hall, jasper pittard and dom Tyson????? Complete brad Scott brand building exercise. Pity the next club that get him.

Elephant in the room...

Why would they do that to the little darling of the media.
Wouldn't want to spoil his exit/application speech.
Also think it's sad that our head honcho must have been gagged to not say anything in response to his rant about first rounders.
This has been far from amicable under the surface....
Brad pissed off at King for shining the spotlight.
Brad singing his own praises while sniping the playing list that HE created, saying how great it was and how close we were, then hoeing the boots in when it suited publicly (if I was one of the players I would be ropable right now, he threw them under the bus to save himself like he did JZ that time).
Our Boss pretty much mute on any point pertaining to the playing list that Brad created then bagged out.
Just wait until AFL360 tonight where he rubbishes the playing list again whilst spruiking his own credentials of being so good and trotting out the "it was all amicable".
I hope Robbo brings up the Kingy drive by and watch Brad trot out the "I did it to him at the Gabba and he didn't respond then either" line.
But why did you feel the need to do it Brad???? ( because you're pissed that Kingy highlighted your short comings and the club finally called your bluff)..

Just caught up with this thread.

I expected the usual requisite dash of Bigfooty humour - intentional or otherwise - but I have to say that nothing quite prepared me for the unbridled hilarity of reading Alex Rance being referred to as "the greatest fullback of the modern era".

I swear, I'm billing Chief for the rib I just fractured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back