The pressure on the WA government to relax it's rigid border rules

Do you agree with the rigid border rules or do you agree there is room for flexibility?

• Yes border rules are keeping WA safe

Votes: 45 53.6%
  • No there needs to be flexibility

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

you just know he is hoping like hell that (per capita) WA never gets to NSW wales levels of cases/hospitalisations/ICU/ventilators as he will never hear the end of it, dont do what NSW did etc
Going to be pretty hard to do worse than nsw as they let it in with a good hunk of their population unvaxed.

We all will have the benefit of the experience with Omnicron across the other States before ...

And do what to avoid it / combat it exactly?

The ONLY way is to keep the border shut. There is no other way.

The trickle in of home comers 1st and everyone else 2nd will be long and slow, via low g2g acceptions is my guess.

if we have 80k new confirmed infections in Oz and possibly 2 to 3 times that given the inability to test, for 31 deaths, gives us hope the disease is no longer the threat it was under the earlier strains and pre vax

if we have 80k new confirmed infections in Oz and possibly 2 to 3 times that given the inability to test, for 31 deaths, gives us hope the disease is no longer the threat it was under the earlier strains and pre vax
Deaths trail infections by 4-8 weeks

Amazing the medical profession now calling for the borders to be shut. I could have sworn that for a long time their right wing mouth pieces have been berating the Premier and our Government to open up.

Amazing the medical profession now calling for the borders to be shut. I could have sworn that for a long time their right wing mouth pieces have been berating the Premier and our Government to open up.
The AMA in WA have been pretty consistent with their messaging, including the Nurses union. They have wanted to extended the opening since the announcement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AMA in WA have been pretty consistent with their messaging, including the Nurses union. They have wanted to extended the opening since the announcement.

two years to get ready and they want more time?

Nsw and vic had two years as well

Hows that working out for them?
Neither had a clear desk covid wise to make alterations or implement plans, plus we are comparing how it's gone over east with how we hope it's going to go in WA.

It might all be for nothing too, I've heard that there are now community cases presenting in hospital here for other reasons. I'm expecting a press conference on this, the hospitals are mobilising right now.

Neither had a clear desk covid wise to make alterations or implement plans, plus we are comparing how it's gone over east with how we hope it's going to go in WA.

It might all be for nothing too, I've heard that there are now community cases presenting in hospital here for other reasons. I'm expecting a press conference on this, the hospitals are mobilising right now.
Buckle up!!!

Buckle up!!!
Thankfully it's coming in summer where we have better outcomes for respiratory conditions.

We should be able to look at the UK data on outcomes now given how long they have been running their latest omicron surge, they were ahead of us by quite a long way. We could just ignore that they are in the middle of their winter.

Does anyone have any objection to comparing the case numbers from the month leading up to the 18th of December to the deaths from the month leading up to the 18th of January?

two years to get ready and they want more time?
The state government has had ample time to give them the resources they need. This has been an issue long before the pandemic.

Thankfully it's coming in summer where we have better outcomes for respiratory conditions.

We should be able to look at the UK data on outcomes now given how long they have been running their latest omicron surge, they were ahead of us by quite a long way. We could just ignore that they are in the middle of their winter.

Does anyone have any objection to comparing the case numbers from the month leading up to the 18th of December to the deaths from the month leading up to the 18th of January?
There is a second order problem when it comes to seasons. When its really hot or really cold people tend to congregate indoors which increases transmission. I would imagine however Aussies tend to be outside more when its really hot compared to when its really cold (anecdotal).

Been common in Vic since day#one. 000 too. Still is.
On ABC radio today, an example of a clown feigning a heart attack / 000/ ambulance & all, wanting a PCR test.
There are plenty of selfish bastards out there ..

Been common in Vic since day#one. 000 too. Still is.
On ABC radio today, an example of a clown feigning a heart attack / 000/ ambulance & all, wanting a PCR test.
There are plenty of selfish bastards out there ..
In soviet russia we gulag deekhead!!!!

Victoria should gulag too - give him to soviet gulag, we teach deekhead not to do stupid!!!!

Back