The Problem at Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

The way I see it is there is one big problem at the Tigers, we take a good half of footy every few weeks as a sign things are turning around. Well it is not good enough to play a good half every 4 weeks. Until the fans start demanding more and stop patting blokes on the back for a good half of footy things are never going to improve. Tonight I went with the wife and after the first quarter she turned and said it looks like we might win. I turned back and said it is one good quarter, lets see them play that way for the other 3. Low and behold they folded after half time as usual.

People expected us to win tonight playing a Pies side missing nearly half their best 22 and we could not get the job done. Sure we were missing Brown, Coughlan had an underdone Simmonds returning but FFS who else from the Tigers best side was missing, Patrick Bowden was the only other I would consider. Yet the Pies were missing Buckley, Holland, Didak, Johnson, Clement, Rusling to name a few.

Then I get on here tonight and I see Tigers fans in the Tambling thread praising him for a good first half and that is well and good but for christ sake don't sit there and talk him up based on one good half. Start talking him up when he delivers for 6, 8, 10, 12 weeks at a time, like the true stars of the AFL do, then talk him up as much as you want.

Tigers fans who have suffered long and hard be prepared to cop it because going by tonights effort it is going to be a long winter and well we look like a team that is going to replace one of the bottom 2 rather than the top 8 like some of us hoped for this year. The way I look at it this was the chance to win because it now looks like we could be heading into the middle of the year before we break our duck. Next 6 weeks we have Dogs, WCE, Cats, Crows, Port & Dons all of them should account for us pretty easily based on current form. If that is the case then may I suggest Wallace starts getting as many games as possible into any kid with less than 50 games and hopes the kid we take top pick is a bloody good one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back