The problem for left wing politics in Australia

Wrong.

Just another one of the myths that stops the Left from growing up and making rational decisions.
Refute it then , don't just spout your usual glib s**t

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Abbott didn't really stop the boats FWIW.

Yes he did. The numbers went down to levels last seen during the Howard government. Rudd admitted his mistakes on push factors, and adopted the Libs policy for the 2013 federal election.

The main problem with immigration was always the 'tarmac invasion' anyway, which neither the ALP nor the LNP have really addressed.

There'a been an increase in asylum seekers arriving by plane. Maybe because they can't arrive by boat. At least we know who they are compared to people who toss their passports over the side of the boat and claim to be whatever nationality gives them the best chances of asylum.

But this is just small fry, and a distraction, compared to the numbers arriving by supposedly legitimate means with the various student and other temporary visas who end up staying in the country.

Yes he did. The numbers went down to levels last seen during the Howard government. Rudd admitted his mistakes on push factors, and adopted the Libs policy for the 2013 federal election.
ffs we're really gonna do this AGAIN ???

You straight up say " YES HE DID " then the very next words out of your mouth are " THE NUMBERS WENT DOWN "

So which is it ?

" stopped reporting the boats " doesn't constitute " Stopping the boats " , it never has and it never will.

Their biggest problem is the toxic lunatics that support them on social media. Every tweet has me ready to charge down to the voting polls to vote for anything but them. Utter s**t stains.
I agree with this.
Edit, agree with a problem and not the biggest problem, my apologies.

Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Which basic and simple rights?

I assume the UN is outraged?

The current Government doesn't believe in the social contract. It basically fails to govern from the bottom up.

Examples: Centrelink - fancy denying people who have lost everything in the current bushfire crisis money there entitled to because the maps are out of date. What the hell is up with that crap?

Throw in the fact that the NDIS was stripped of funding to prop up a "surplus" and now that money is being re-directed into bushfire recovery. The 1 million Australians needing the NDIS are screwed over just for the sake of it.

Let's look at the JobActive garbage too. We have a cyclical unemployment problem. Some people can't break that cycle. The JobActive providers are only in it for themselves.

We have lowly paid pensions, Newstart and DVA payments. Impossible to keep head above water if on any of them.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Its almost like you have completely wiped the overwhelming win of the crippled ssm vote out of your tiny little conservative minds isnt it.

Isnt it time the idea it was accepted the people that decide elections are on the left, arent on the right?

When you go down the path of pigeon holing voters ..... a relevance issue?

The same sex marriage commentary & the last election indicate how irrelevant left & right were in the result.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Isnt it time the idea it was accepted the people that decide elections are on the left, arent on the right?

When you go down the path of pigeon holing voters ..... a relevance issue?

The same sex marriage commentary & the last election indicate how irrelevant left & right were in the result.

I would say plenty of conservative left wing voters voted no.

Just look at the western suburbs of Sydney. Labor heartland.

Traditional Liberal areas generally voted yes.

Back