Opinion The Problem with Social Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I found a Huge Problem with Facebook/Social Media. That Huge Amount of Users are Keyboard Hero's/Trolls who just love to be Big Shots.

You Post something and There is always someone there to have a Go at you for what you Said. They do to make them Look/Feel Big about themselves and just to put you down.

This Ruins it for the Good People on Facebook/Social Media.

I find espically on Public Groups on Facebook there are plenty of these People who go around being Trolls/Keyboard Hero's. Get a Few on Private Groups but they normally go quickly.

I just find it bloody annoying that these People Ruin it for Everyone

So you post a point of view but you don't like others who post a point of view which is different to yours

Do you think it might be possible that, what you feel about others is the same thing they feel about you?

Do you think you have the ability to discuss this issue without getting angry, upset or accuse others of bullying?

So you post a point of view but you don't like others who post a point of view which is different to yours

Do you think it might be possible that, what you feel about others is the same thing they feel about you?

Do you think you have the ability to discuss this issue without getting angry, upset or accuse others of bullying?

and Why post such Crap like that?

Having a Go at People.

And Make People Feel Bad:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have High Functioning Autism sorry if I AM NOT BLOODY PERFECT LIKE BLOOY YOU

and Why post such Crap like that?

Having a Go at People.

And Make People Feel Bad:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have High Functioning Autism sorry if I AM NOT BLOODY PERFECT LIKE BLOOY YOU
Here is the perfect example of what I was talking about, not that you will understand it.

I'll make it easy for you.
You are one of the problems with Social Media, in effect you are complaining about yourself

[I treat you as an equal here, your disability has nothing to do with my comments]

[I treat you as an equal here, your disability has nothing to do with my comments]

Your argument relies on appreciating something from another person's point of view. Of having the ability to apply concepts like empathy, understanding when somebody is behaving hypocritically, etc, etc.

TradeDraft 's autism means that he doesn't have the same capacity as you to understand these concepts, hence his disability is very relevant.

Here is the perfect example of what I was talking about, not that you will understand it.

I'll make it easy for you.
You are one of the problems with Social Media, in effect you are complaining about yourself

Harsh ... And strongly disagree.

TradeDraft deserves huge credit for putting in enormous effort into greasing the wheels of this social network platform (and others) and raising interesting topics and keeping the conversation flowing. He doesn't always succeed (none of us do) but his motives are pure and he has earned the strong respect of many for that.

Last edited:
Apart from BF, I stay away from all social media.

Don't even have a Facebook page which surprises most of my friends who are on FB, Instagram, Twitter, Linkden etc.

I am still old fashioned enough to pick the phone, email and even still write letters.

Get most of my news via the mainstream media.

Your argument relies on appreciating something from another person's point of view. Of having the ability to apply concepts like empathy, understanding when somebody is behaving hypocritically, etc, etc.

TradeDraft 's autism means that he doesn't have the same capacity as you to understand these concepts, hence his disability is very relevant.

Harsh ... And strongly disagree.

TradeDraft deserves huge credit for putting in enormous effort into greasing the wheels of this social network platform (and others) and raising interesting topics and keeping the conversation flowing. He doesn't always succeed (none of us do) but his motives are pure and he has earned the strong respect of many for that.
Fine to disagree, you accept that Social Media is a sewer and seem happy to wallow with those making it so.

I on the other hand would like to see it dramatically improved by questioning the motives of those who operate in the gutter

I see people who have a similar view to you as being a part of the problem, because in instead of question, you decide to pander.....as is your absolute right of course

Apart from BF, I stay away from all social media.

Don't even have a Facebook page which surprises most of my friends who are on FB, Instagram, Twitter, Linkden etc.

I am still old fashioned enough to pick the phone, email and even still write letters.

Get most of my news via the mainstream media.

Showing your age a Bit Maggie5 ;)

Showing your age a Bit Maggie5 ;)
Not really, have managed my own website, built numerous computers, play around with the registry and am a member of a tech site.
Just not interested in social media.

Not really, have managed my own website, built numerous computers, play around with the registry and am a member of a tech site.
Just not interested in social media.

Well you are on BigFooty which is Technically Social Media;)

There is an irony in social media, it tends not to be social.
Yes the reach is huge, but without the human touch the social tends, in my view, to be contrived.
Hence we social beings are tending to be less social as it were.

Yes being on bigfooty as I am, I see the irony of my irony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Social Media tends to be a great example of how people operate when they can't see a likely immediate consequence for their behaviour. Lots and lots of good stuff, but always a strong vein of people being campaigners because they feel like they can get away with it.

It definitely brings out some behaviour that you don't get when other people are obviously human, not than just words on a screen, and/or when saying the wrong thing could conceivably end up with you getting a smack in the face.

The other problem with social media is that it is a distraction, which I am terrible at dealing with. For example, I should be finishing my job application for a promotion that needs to be in by tomorrow, but instead I'm talking s**t on Bigfooty.
Dropping wisdom ;)

Can you seriously not see the hypocrisy in your words?

Every time someone posts an opinion you don't like you whinge and put them on ignore, then you even boast about how many people you have on ignore.

Do you have the ability to discuss differing opinions without getting upset and putting people on ignore? It doesn't seem so.

Social media is about learning to deal with the opinions of others, something you have failed to do.

I have a private group for Collingwood Supporters - if you want an invite let me know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back