The problem with the accumulator

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the accumulator is that it is all a lie and not black and white which is what flogs like fantasy freako try and bring it up as.

This is what a transparent rankings game in regard to points should be

There are 44 players in every game

Best player gets 44 points

Worst player gets 1 point

Fixed

Use your accumulator to determine who's best to worst etc.

The problem with the accumulator is that it is all a lie and not black and white which is what flogs like fantasy freako try and bring it up as.

This is what a transparent rankings game in regard to points should be

There are 44 players in every game

Best player gets 44 points

Worst player gets 1 point

Fixed

Use your accumulator to determine who's best to worst etc.
I like this system. The current system is just to subjective

But I like to spend all weekend watching the live SC scores on FF seeing my players scores going up and down by random numbers depending on how much KOTD action they are or aren't getting and celebrating and venting accordingly. Where is the entertainment value in your system?
I too enjoy the melts and peaks of the scoring system.
I just accept it for what it is, its no way perfect but it certainly is entertaining when it all comes together.

I like this system. The current system is just to subjective

Surely rankings from 44 to 1 would be just as (if not more) subjective?

There can often be little to separate players ranked 10th to 30th in a game (and in supercoach there will be lots of players in the 60-85 pts range) but the difference in this system between someone ranked 10th and someone ranked 30th will have huge consequences and probably cause more arguments than it does now (as players in this middle tier will be very subjective given approximately even performances accross players playing very different positions).

Not to mention the best player in an average game with even performances would be worth the same as someone playing one of the greatest games of all time.

Not sure you'd be improving the system much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back