Media The Problem with the Gold City Royals....

Remove this Banner Ad

On the contrary. I recruited some mates because I need posters quickly when I took over. Sort of why you'll never leave the Bombers, some posters have rapport with others and that promotes activity. That's plugging the gap. From there you build on it. The Royals lost their foundation posters and now are regaining them.

Don't think for a second we aren't always trying to bring in new posters. I don't follow the philosophy though of just grabbing every apple that falls to the ground because all that does is turn over lists. I look for complimentary posters, I don't always win them. You can say what you like but the improvement in the Royals from three seasons back to now is clear as day.

I'm also surprised this was your banter to be honest. It's below you. I get your captain has been rattled but you know for a fact that the Bombers always get a good shout from teams I captain, it's almost a legacy. So yeah, this is weird. We're not even rivals any more, this is all about you having a utensil at the helm but I'm sure that will repair itself.

Hang on, all I have done is raise what I feel is a valid issue. More than happy for you guys to defend your patch and would absolutely expect it. To suggest it is "below me" is slightly precious.

I have always appreciated that you have been more than fair with the Bombers but perhaps you have a short memory. We graciously gave up two players to you over the past few years at a time when we didn't have to. Some would say it also say it blatantly bent the rules of trading to suit.

I reckon we have been pretty fair to you as well.

I too look for posters that say nice things about me. But I also look for posters that fit.

nice things about you...

nice things about you...

can I phone a friend?

Yeah man, you tried this one last season and it was just as sad then. Almost as sad as thinking an analysis thread of a fake league is some holy grail. Mah stats! Mah stats! How much time must you have wasted on all those numbers for a fake league that everybody is going to laugh at again? Your family must be incredibly proud. But then maybe you got one of your accountants in one of your many blue chip million dollar businesses to compile it all for you :tearsofjoy:
Finally hit a nerve ......

Hang on, all I have done is raise what I feel is a valid issue. More than happy for you guys to defend your patch and would absolutely expect it. To suggest it is "below me" is slightly precious.

I have always appreciated that you have been more than fair with the Bombers but perhaps you have a short memory. We graciously gave up two players to you over the past few years at a time when we didn't have to. Some would say it also say it blatantly bent the rules of trading to suit.

I reckon we have been pretty fair to you as well.

You gave them to me, yes, because we like each other (I believe one was a Royal and one was a Hawk).

But let's be honest, you don't care about my list. It's the off season and you saw an opening into a potential Bomber v Royal time killer. You're not sad we lost one player because we don't have a team PM, you won because of it. This is boredom media. And sure, I'm bored too. It's why I've stirred up Wayne and it's why I've engaged this thread.

But if you're really concerned, thank you. I'm already happy to say I've added a new player for next season and once I've finalised all of the S29 stuff me and a couple of the LG will start a search for a couple of new rookies, maybe three. I'll have to make some hard decisions because our starting 20 at least sporadically post. My only aim is being able to leave the club in new hands in coming seasons, much like I did with the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if you flogs in the committee and Ant Bear just hurried up and signed off on them, we could all move on.

they cannot be signed off yet

1) neither bid has officially applied to AB yet

2) they still have players in the finals, and some of these have requested that they not be named until after finals is concluded.

3) the bids are still recruiting, with ongoing discussions and interest from current active players.

as the number and names of the weekly posters will be key to the viability of the two bids, its unfair to have them up for vote until their lists are finalized.

They haven't even put up bids.
they cannot be signed off yet

1) neither bid has officially applied to AB yet

2) they still have players in the finals, and some of these have requested that they not be named until after finals is concluded.

3) the bids are still recruiting, with ongoing discussions and interest from current active players.

as the number and names of the weekly posters will be key to the viability of the two bids, its unfair to have them up for vote until their lists are finalized.
Stop taking my posts so seriously, if I was serious I wouldn't be calling you all flogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back