The pros of sacking a coach mid season (Bolton and B Scott watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Roos really do have a shocking list though. Can you name me one star? Ben Brown the only name that comes to mind. Blues list is much better imo.

The Roos really do have a shocking list though. Can you name me one star? Ben Brown the only name that comes to mind. Blues list is much better imo.
Ben Cunnington.. the guy you put in your all australian team.. 🤔

The same Blues list that got pumped by 11 goals two weeks ago? That list?
I know you’re trolling but still pays to point out how shitt your post was

The same Blues list that got pumped by 11 goals two weeks ago? That list?
I know you’re trolling but still pays to point out how shitt your post was

No, I'm not trolling at all actually.

Cripps is better than other player on North's list and a brownlow medal capable player. Walsh is going to be that some day and the best 1st year player in a decade. Curnow could potentially be a star forward in the future. Simpson and Doherty are top class defenders. Mcgovern junior goes alright too.

I stand by exactly what I said and I'm sure I'm not alone on that point either. There are more stars on the Blues list and most would agree they'd prefer get the Blues list than Norths list. Go on, prove me wrong.

Why do you think Blues are under so much scrutiny? because their list SHOULDN'T be losing by 11 goals. North are just...well, I have no idea what they are. They seem to have a whole list of players who aren't particularly good at the role they play (besides Brown and Cunnginton's having a good year) I don't think the coach even knows where his players are meant to play either i.e Mcdonald, what is his position? It's been years and we still have no clue where he's going to spend his career. Least Blues have some solid foundations for the future.

I can at least see what the Blues are trying to do. North just seem to be in no mans land. Where's the improvement going to come from? Where's that future marquee player? God knows they are trying to buy one, but no one is biting, and its obvious why.

I don't think replacing Scott can help with North's list. But I think replacing Bolton can because Blues have more pieces to play with and a higher ceiling.

Last edited:
Ben Cunnington.. the guy you put in your all australian team.. 🤔

The 27 year old who has never been an AA and has 1 B&F at the club? Oh...that guy. He's your other star?

I rest my case. He goes alright, and is having an AA type of year, but I wouldn't say hes a star. He did just scape into my AA on the bench.

Last edited:
I guess I mean when you sack a coach it’s really like ‘ok we are done’. It’ll be worse for Carlton. I mean Scott took North to quite a few finals. Bolton was the new appointment and to sack him would be a full concession and a start again process.

Why? The list is reasonable, he just can’t get them going.

Has a caretaker coach actually gone on to coach the same side the season after? I am probably forgetting one but the ones I can think of the caretaker was typically an assistant coach at that club who didn’t end up getting the job.
Paul Roos, Geishen
No, I'm not trolling at all actually.

Cripps is better than other player on North's list and a brownlow medal capable player. Walsh is going to be that some day and the best 1st year player in a decade. Curnow could potentially be a star forward in the future. Simpson and Doherty are top class defenders. Mcgovern junior goes alright too.

I stand by exactly what I said and I'm sure I'm not alone on that point either. There are more stars on the Blues list and most would agree they'd prefer get the Blues list than Norths list. Go on, prove me wrong.

Why do you think Blues are under so much scrutiny? because their list SHOULDN'T be losing by 11 goals. North are just...well, I have no idea what they are. They seem to have a whole list of players who aren't particularly good at the role they play (besides Brown and Cunnginton's having a good year) I don't think the coach even knows where his players are meant to play either i.e Mcdonald, what is his position? It's been years and we still have no clue where he's going to spend his career. Least Blues have some solid foundations for the future.

I can at least see what the Blues are trying to do. North just seem to be in no mans land. Where's the improvement going to come from? Where's that future marquee player? God knows they are trying to buy one, but no one is biting, and its obvious why.

I don't think replacing Scott can help with North's list. But I think replacing Bolton can because Blues have more pieces to play with and a higher ceiling.
You talk about the young talent at Carlton yet North already have 2 rising star nominees (Scott and Zurhaar) and Taryn Thomas getting 1 is a formality.

Both of their lists are terrible.

I'm not sure why Brad Scott is so maligned, he's done really well when you consider North's list has been trash for ages.

Who would North get that is an improvement?
Done really well?

He took us to finals with a list containing....Petrie, Boomer Harvey, Wells, Higgins, Waite, Dal Santo, Tarrant, Cunnington, Brown, Ziebell.

More than enough quality

I bloody hope not. Tigers stuck with Hardwick because he got them a flag in year 7. Pies with Buckley because he got them to a GF in year 7. Scott has had 10 years and we haven't reached a GF. His finals record is not good with several beltings (WC, Syd, Crows). He's had his chance. Time for someone else.

I reckon if you put up a prediction pre season vs actual finish B.Scott finished above expectation in 8 out of his 10 seasons.

I don't think the problem is Brad Scott at all, I think your recruiting team hasn't given him the right tools to work with. Since you took Cunnington Ziebell and Bastinac who's the best midfielder you have drafted?

In the same time his brother has been given Menegola, Kelly and Duncan as later picks who would be your 2nd 3rd and 4th best midfielders (unless you count Higgins)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Done really well?

He took us to finals with a list containing....Petrie, Boomer Harvey, Wells, Higgins, Waite, Dal Santo, Tarrant, Cunnington, Brown, Ziebell.

More than enough quality
Half that list was over 30 and past their prime.

The 27 year old who has never been an AA and has 1 B&F at the club? Oh...that guy. He's your other star?

I rest my case. He goes alright, and is having an AA type of year, but I wouldn't say hes a star. He did just scape into my AA on the bench.
haha keep digging your hole haha

Meh, I dunno...
I mean, it's not amazing, Silvagni has definitely wasted resources, but it's better than this and could definitely be taken forward with new blood and some less radical change than yet another list turnover.

haha keep digging your hole haha

My hole? You mean the replies with actual evidence as to why i think the way I do? While you dish up nothing to the contrary? If a player with no AAs and 1 b&f at 27 is your biggest star, then your in a sad and sorry state. If you cant respond with actual content then jog on mate.

My hole? You mean the replies with actual evidence as to why i think the way I do? While you dish up nothing to the contrary? Yeah jog on mate.
You asked a question, I answered it.. then you started digging a hole, its now getting deeper. hahaha.

The only hole here mate is your list. Move on troll.
how can a list be a hole?... 😂😂😂

troll?... I answered the coolest question you threw out to the internet (brilliantly too) and you call me a troll, sounds like sour grapes to me.. 😂😂😂

you will keep us laughing for hours, thanks champ 😂👍🏻

I bloody hope not. Tigers stuck with Hardwick because he got them a flag in year 7. Pies with Buckley because he got them to a GF in year 7. Scott has had 10 years and we haven't reached a GF. His finals record is not good with several beltings (WC, Syd, Crows). He's had his chance. Time for someone else.
do you want your current coach gone now or until the end of the season?

do you want your current coach gone now or until the end of the season?
At 2-7 our season is done, and so is his time at North. I'd be fine if he went now, and we installed Tudor as interim coach while the club started a thorough search for our next coach.

Scott is gone.

Not sure about Bolton, Carlton are a bit slow.

I don't think the problem is Brad Scott at all,
That's something Brad Scott would say.
I think your recruiting team hasn't given him the right tools to work with. Since you took Cunnington Ziebell and Bastinac who's the best midfielder you have drafted?
Probably LDU. He was a highly rated pick, and only in his second year so still developing.
We also traded for Anderson and Ahern.
Our recruiting has been average, but the issue has been development, it's been an issue for years, and that's back on the coaches. How many of our players can you point to and say they have improved? Very few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back