FTA-TV THE PUNISHER

tenor.gif

Looks like I'm signing back up to Netflix for this and the Defenders.

Also, great use of One in the trailer.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I was surprised at how violent they took his character in Daredevil and it looks like they are maintaining it, which is good news. Cage was very good without being great, Iron Fist was disappointing, have only just started the Defenders, but this looks like a real return to form.

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Looks good. I thought he was the best part of DD2 so looking forward to this. Cage was terrible and I didn't watch enough of iron fist to judge it. Defenders better but still down on DD1 and JJ for me.

Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
Looks like it will be the shot in the arm this Universe sorely needs after the awfulness of LC and IF and the completely underwhelming Defenders.

I find the better the villain the better these series tend to be. It doesn't have to be another Fisk or Kilgrave but hopefully its not just some generic military general... or another member of the mother******* Hand!

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A huge part of the problem with the others is trying to dream big with a small budget. Punisher has no powers and basically should be a vigilante v gangster yarn, which is perfectly suited to tv. Hope they get it right.

Last edited:
Small budget? Netflix apparently allocated $40m to each show, or about $3.3m per episode. It's not Game of Thrones' $10m per episode, but it's pretty ******* significant.

Does that include the actors pay? Whatever has happened the shows have looked progressively cheaper. A lot of reviewers have mentioned it.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Does that include the actors pay? Whatever has happened the shows have looked progressively cheaper. A lot of reviewers have mentioned it.
It would; it's only a guess though as Netflix doesn't reveal budget breakdowns. It allocated $200m to five shows (DD, JJ, Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders), which works out at $40m each. It is certainly possible they spent more on DD and JJ and cut back on Cage and Fist.

It would; it's only a guess though as Netflix doesn't reveal budget breakdowns. It allocated $200m to five shows (DD, JJ, Cage, Iron Fist and the Defenders), which works out at $40m each. It is certainly possible they spent more on DD and JJ and cut back on Cage and Fist.

I imagine that is the case and standard procedure for alot of shows. Spend early get the fans then start cutting back.

I wonder Cox started getting paid alot more after the success of Daredevil too.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
As a big Punisher fan I'm interested to see how it adapts to TV. I've always felt it was better for movies, and despite the issues each of the three movies has told a different story. The side parts in Daredevil season 2 was just about right.

Sent from mTalk

Back