FTA-TV THE PUNISHER

Remove this Banner Ad

i thought "those sites" all got blocked and if you try to visit them now your computer explodes and it steals your credit card details.

Heaps of them around and easy to find, governments plans were yet another waste of tax payer money.

Absolute joke wasn't it.

If you're really too tight for Netflix, shame on you. And google "[insert your favourite one of those sites] mirror"

On topic, only 2 eps in and finding it a bit slow to be honest. I know his family's death is his whole character, but how many times do we have to see it? Move things forward.

Loved it. Also loved DD 1st season and JJ, been too long to say which is my favourite. Castle is definitely my favourite character. I'M still has best bad guy.

I give bonus points to this for finally not trying desperately to wedge Rosario Dawson in somehow.

On the netflix talk, a couple of months ago I considered letting it go for a bit as I rarely watched it. Netflix then goes bang with stranger things, sinner, punished over consecutive weekends (I think). They've got my cash for another year at least.

Last edited:
Up to the episode that starts with a sex scenes. Golly gee St Kilda will win another flag before Disney do nudity.

Anyhow, it's slow but not boring in the Luke Cage way. It's not a chore to watch but can get me in a sleepy mood if I'm watching it late.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:
Stick with it. Right up there with Daredevil season 1 but I think it just falls short without a proper fleshed out villain like Fisk. Seems to be a common trend for Marvel in their shows and movies as they really struggle with balancing the screen time for their villains.

Stick with it. Right up there with Daredevil season 1 but I think it just falls short without a proper fleshed out villain like Fisk. Seems to be a common trend for Marvel in their shows and movies as they really struggle with balancing the screen time for their villains.

At least they get their heroes for the most part.

A strong villain is only necessary with a weak hero, ala Batman.

DD1 had Fisk but Matt Murdock was the star and Fisk the icing. The character of MM was significantly reduced in DD2 and became just a guy in a suit who fights ninjas.

I put the while strong villain thing on Dark Knight, because Batman needs one to challenge him as his character isn't that interesting.

Frank Castle doesn't if done well.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand some had issues with the slow pacing but I didn't find it that interminable and I thought it was necessary to establish the story and get us more involved with the main characters. Madani especially, annoying at first but we really got behind her towards the end.

Only behind Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones for me, and first half of Luke Cage if that counts.

finished it and enjoyed it.
its definitely better than Iron Fist, Luke Cage, the Defenders and the second half DD s2.

still think it could have used a more defined villain rather than Frank just being mad at the world most of the time but it looks like they've set that up nicely for season 2

certain characters take a whole lot of punishment in the show and just keep going while others are incapacitated by a bullet to the shoulder.
i dont have a lot of experience with shooting, stabbing or even punching people but it seems weird to me.

still, all said and done its a good show and at least there were no ******* ninjas

Only behind Daredevil S1 and Jessica Jones for me, and first half of Luke Cage if that counts.
That’s how I would rank it really, DDS1 and JJ being the absolute highlight on the Netflix universe , pity the second half of Luke Cage really went downhill fast .

Wish they would kill off the night nurse honestly;

#1 DD
#2 JJ
#3 first half of LC
#4 The Punisher
#5 DD season 2

The Defenders and Iron Fist and big fat Meh

Watched the first 3 episodes. Had to be talked into it because I'd had a gut full of these half arsed shows but I think this is easily the best of them so far. Better than DD. I'll qualify that by saying I haven't watched Luke Cage (but everyone has said it's s**t) or Defenders. I'm not sure how much of it is the story or characters or whatever and how much of it is the fact he's just a man so it's more believable.

Watched the first 3 episodes. Had to be talked into it because I'd had a gut full of these half arsed shows but I think this is easily the best of them so far. Better than DD. I'll qualify that by saying I haven't watched Luke Cage (but everyone has said it's s**t) or Defenders. I'm not sure how much of it is the story or characters or whatever and how much of it is the fact he's just a man so it's more believable.
the characters are really good. i think both Frank and Billy we're extremely well cast, well written and well played....Medani aint half bad either.
cant say the same for Iron Fist or Luke Cage.

I really really like Defenders, it's the one show of this type I'm against the grain with. Can't understand much of the criticism.

Of course, I haven't seen Iron Fist.

Sent from mTalk

Yeah I'm 6 eps in, everyone's pretty good except Madani's off sider, very average actor I reckon.

The character is a bit of a cliche. I was surprised how serious they went with Micro so that guy picks up the stereotype sidekick slack. He comes good though.

Sent from mTalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back