Autopsy The Punky Breust show - Hawks defeat Bulldogs - Rd 16, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

In the words of Dylan Alcott - Howe good's that ?

giphy.gif

Not too dissimilar to the goal he kicked from a set shot against Geelong in Round 2 in the 4th quarter from about 50 meters.

You quoted yourself, I thought it was silly, now move on with your day Mr.Grumble
You stil haven't answered my question though. So I will put it here, again, for context.

How do I say something in reference to my own post, without quoting myself for context? And how is that silly? I don't have to move on with my day, the earth's moment of inertia does that.

Maths, dude. Percentage doesn't care about wins and losses, just your for/against scoring ratio.

Haha, you funny. Ok, let's talk Maths.

Our average winning margin this season is 6 goals. When we win we score an average of 97 points and give away an average of 61 points.

If we win the next 6 games (which is what the poster implied) and maintain the same scoring averages we will go into the last round with a % of 127.

The only way we will finish the season with a lower % than 118 is if we get flogged by the $tains in round 23 by over a 100pts.

Davo, do you really think you writing bile about Hawthorn players has one iota of difference come selection time? That's a bit rich, and it's poor justification for potting players. I seem to remember you getting stuck into Hill every other week a few years back too.

Come on, lighten up and enjoy a win. You don't have to bag players to prove you're a fan who wants every one of them to be good quickly.

Some of us enjoy watching HFC players develop. Some don't get there. Others turn a corner in a big way. The ride is part of the fun of being a supporter.

i never stuck into Hill, you're a liar, show me proof, you cant just lie about me like that. if you're going to pot a shot at me at least be accurate.....

also saying O'Rourke didnt have a good game isnt bagging him, its being truthful, he didnt have a good game, i dont get why your panties are in a bunch? do you want me to lie? so i dont hurt your feelings? i dont care about your feelings....

Last edited:
You stil haven't answered my question though. So I will put it here, again, for context.

How do I say something in reference to my own post, without quoting myself for context? And how is that silly? I don't have to move on with my day, the earth's moment of inertia does that.
I did the same thing as you have done once and was accused of being drunk (could have been) are you?

for the record I'd recon you would be a riot on the terps?:eek:

Haha, you funny. Ok, let's talk Maths.

Our average winning margin this season is 6 goals. When we win we score an average of 97 points and give away an average of 61 points.

If we win the next 6 games (which is what the poster implied) and maintain the same scoring averages we will go into the last round with a % of 127.

The only way we will finish the season with a lower % than 118 is if we get flogged by the $tains in round 23 by over a 100pts.
If we win our remaining seven games with a scoreline of 1-1-7 to 1-0-6 each time, our percentage would go down.

If those scores are instead 1-0-6 to 0-5-5, our percentage would go up.

Next season will be the year O'Meara will burst onto the scene and put himself into Brownlow medal calculations and possibly play his best footy.

Mentally it appears Jaeger has finally come to terms with a restricted training program. From that he can set realistic goals and expectations for himself and thus be happy with his output.

Can someone/anyone plese gif James F****n Sicily's run-around in the 4th, out by the wing?

4x opponents without a clue between them, from memory.

Watched the replay couple of times, 4th quarter 15:28, but the camera work didn't do any justice on how awesome and amazing it was. Wish they have the vision from the level 2 goal area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win last night, great to see the veterans setting the standard and the youngsters stepping up.
Has the whole Rioli thing been a dampener on the players? It would have caused a lot of uncertainty among the players.
Let’s see over the next few weeks.

Too many good players to mention, but what an incredible turnaround at half time. It’s hard to believe that just making Johannisen responsible made him a nonentity. And also shows how average he is when he has to win his own ball.

And I had this weird vision of Dimma Hardwick making an actual mistake, that he got caught holding the ball?

It just couldn’t be true.

What a total campaigner Carey is. “Hold them accountable”...this guy punched his girlfriend in the face, assaulted cops, left his pregnant wife six weeks before their child was due, ****** his teammates wife, been caught with drugs...and still gets hired by channel seven to call out people who aren’t being held to account?!? How the **** is the duck still in a well paying job? -Hall gets sacked for making a joke about someone’s wife, Carey punched a women in the face.
Up there for POTY for mine. Thank you.

Season stats (midfielders only)
Disposals
Mitchell 523
Smith 339
O'Meara 316
Shiels 312
Henderson 284
Howe 239
Morrison 181

Clearances
Mitchell 125
O'Meara 62

Shiels 50
Howe 38
Smith 24
Henderson 19
Morrison 12

Mitchell is an absolute monster.... just casually DOUBLING next closest clearances, and almost doubling next closest disposals...

Mitchell is an absolute monster.... just casually DOUBLING next closest clearances, and almost doubling next closest disposals...
its an issue
he's a beast no doubt but we are too reliant on one player
It's like 2012 with Buddy in the forward line, look at this weekends spread against the Doggies, the other mids got involved and we had a 10 goal win

Clarko would be working like crazy on how to get the others more involved in a positive way (and no doubt looking for some more depth in that part of the ground)

Season stats (midfielders only)

Disposals
Mitchell 523
Smith 339
O'Meara 316
Shiels 312
Henderson 284
Howe 239
Morrison 181

Marks
Smith 94
Henderson 81
Howe 65
Morrison 65
Mitchell 63
O'Meara 57
Shiels 56

Tackles
Shiels 89
Mitchell 89
O'Meara 82
Howe 63
Henderson 40
Morrison 35
Smith 39

Clearances
Mitchell 125
O'Meara 62
Shiels 50
Howe 38
Smith 24
Henderson 19
Morrison 12

Inside 50s
Mitchell 75
Smith 66
Henderson 51
Shiels 50
O'Meara 45
Morrison 31
Howe 26

Goals
Smith 20
O'Meara 10
Mitchell 7
Shiels 7
Henderson 6
Howe 4
Morrison 3

Not a bad season O'Meara is putting in considering opposition fans said he would be lucky to play five games this year.
you left out rebounds which paint a picture
Mitchell 28
O'Meara 27
Henderson 26
Smith 17
Howe 15
Shiels 13
Morrison 8

Mitchell is a beast with the ground he covers as an inside mid, and Jaeger is getting up there, he also tends to cover the ground quicker than Tom, but he needs more time off the ground.

Issy is pretty much always number one for distance and average speed, he's a machine

Midfield frequency stats for the match. For those that haven't seen a previous post of mine this is an overall summary of how often players were utilised as one of the 5 mids at each centre bounce.

There were 32 bounces

Mitchell 24
Henderson 23 wing
Howe 21 (18i, 3w)
Shiels 20 (19i, 1w)
O'Meara 20
Smith 20 wing
O'Rourke 13 (7w, 6i)
Morrison 8 wing
Puopolo 6
Impey 3
Breust 1 wing
Gunston 1 wing

Rucks:
McEvoy (inj) 18
Ceglar 13
Roughead 1

Notes:
- First match in 3 seasons of doing this where Breust has been fit and hasn't had at least a token start as an inside mid. Ditto Roughead. Usually Hawthorn run all non-KPP + Roughead through their inside mid rotation.
- O'Rourke had 8 starts (from 16 bounces) to half time, but only received 5 (from 16) in the 2nd half - all on the wing - so he'll presumably need time to build up AFL midfield match fitness.
- Most starts for Smith in an analysed match since Rd 2 (11 matches analysed) - obviously he's been starting off the back of the square at bounces a bit which would reduce his numbers.
- All bar 1 of Puopolo's starts came in the final 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Lol spin it any way you like Carey was spot on the money.. I'm not a fan of Carey, obviously a fairly average human in a lot of ways but he was right on the money. It's not a bad thing, Carey had some intel and it proved to be a pretty spot on call.
Fairly average human in a lot of ways? The bloke is garbage. There is nothing good about him.

Even if they decide not reverse it and give it to Sis, it definitely shouldn't have been 50 against him. For me, that just without a doubt confirmed to me that the umpire has absolutely no read on straight forward situations and consequently, the game as a whole. I would love to hear an explanation as to why they allow players to be beaten on off the ball over and over again, and then penalise that player when they react, even if it's slight.
An umpire's inability to adjudicate the game fairly and competently can have a significant impact on a players career. They have an obligation to protect Sis and much as any of other player out there. Right now, they are failing at that.
This is always going to be a challenge for Sic, but I'm already seeing signs that it will make him an even better player. Bloke is a competitor and if he channels his anger right he dominates.

Midfield frequency stats for the match. For those that haven't seen a previous post of mine this is an overall summary of how often players were utilised as one of the 5 mids at each centre bounce.

There were 32 bounces

Mitchell 24
Henderson 23 wing
Howe 21 (18i, 3w)
Shiels 20 (19i, 1w)
O'Meara 20
Smith 20 wing
O'Rourke 13 (7w, 6i)
Morrison 8 wing
Puopolo 6
Impey 3
Breust 1 wing
Gunston 1 wing

Rucks:
McEvoy (inj) 18
Ceglar 13
Roughead 1

Notes:
- First match in 3 seasons of doing this where Breust has been fit and hasn't had at least a token start as an inside mid. Ditto Roughead. Usually Hawthorn run all non-KPP + Roughead through their inside mid rotation.
- O'Rourke had 8 starts (from 16 bounces) to half time, but only received 5 (from 16) in the 2nd half - all on the wing - so he'll presumably need time to build up AFL midfield match fitness.
- Most starts for Smith in an analysed match since Rd 2 (11 matches analysed) - obviously he's been starting off the back of the square at bounces a bit which would reduce his numbers.
- All bar 1 of Puopolo's starts came in the final 15 minutes.
Not sure if you have all your data easily at hand, but I feel this deserves as a thread on its for a medium-term tactics discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back