Win Prizes The Punters Guide to the 2013 AFL Season.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
I picked mine up from the newsagents. With the info in it, I'll make the cost back within the first game... :D

i wasn't going to bump this but since someone else did - you'll be pleased to know that the legends at flemington sportsbet posted me out a copy of this book + the NRL version, so in the end lenny did win :thumbsu:
It appears that the winners were really losers. Maybe we should have let you win, then you could have pestered the mods until they coughed up a book.

Selective Retention

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jan 9, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
They have a blue chip players section in the book where they rate the top 80 players. They list 20 defenders as blue chip and about 10 of them are key defenders. Harry Taylor doesn't appear amongst that list. Guys like Frawley and Rance do. You are not missing much.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
I'm still an AFL novice, and I find it quite interesting to understand where a team's strengths and weaknesses are. I'm sure that there is a healthy dose of opinion in the player ratings, and you could fill a thread with other opinions. But it's given me a start.

What I find more interesting though are the line betting stats and points stats broken down by team, game location and other criteria. Some of those stats have already repeated themselves, so if anything it is providing some further insight into that games are worth a punt and which to stay away from.

Back