Resource The Punters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Made a bit of money on Hugh Greenwood tackles last few weeks but William Hill dropped him to $1.20 this week for 6+, took them a while. I have a feeling Gibbsy will come out with a point to prove so will look at the value in his tackles if available.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide are +5.5 against the Eagles after the bye. Teams are struggling coming off the bye and now that Darling and Kennedy will be out for that one it’s a really interesting game betting wise.

Would’ve been all over the Eagles here but wasn’t particularly impressed with the Eagles forward entries against the Swans and reckon Darling was the difference. The Swans defence is good though so that needs to be considered.

Will watch how the Eagles go against the Bombers this week in terms of their main two forwards being out. I like the Bombers at the line which I grabbed at +32.5 on news Kennedy might be an out. Line now +28.5 but as I said teams coming off the bye have really struggled so....

*note I’m in a punting bad patch at the moment so betting against me probably the wisest strategy right now.

Last edited:

Made a bit of money on Hugh Greenwood tackles last few weeks but William Hill dropped him to $1.20 this week for 6+, took them a while. I have a feeling Gibbsy will come out with a point to prove so will look at the value in his tackles if available.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How did Greenwood go with that bet you asked me about? Forgot to check that one out. Winner?

My horse is racing on Sunday. He's been running over unsuitabley short distances to keep fit for this race. Unfortunately he's in such fine nick that he's been competetive against the sprinters and we won't get better than 5's or so. But we're very confident as of this moment. His first up run was enormous but we then had to go back in distance due to lack of options. Will post again 4:40 Sunday with confirmation if we're on and once we're on.

My horse is racing on Sunday. He's been running over unsuitabley short distances to keep fit for this race. Unfortunately he's in such fine nick that he's been competetive against the sprinters and we won't get better than 5's or so. But we're very confident as of this moment. His first up run was enormous but we then had to go back in distance due to lack of options. Will post again 4:40 Sunday with confirmation if we're on and once we're on.

How did you go mate

I checked the $$ for Rory Laird and the Brownlow on Tuesday and he was at $67 the win and $17 the place. He is today at $51 and $13

Got on the podium bet

Also Adelaide 40+ @$4.75
I also did a pick 9 and there was no value for the straight up so I chose some margins

Richmond 40+
Hawks 25+
Eagles 25+
Adelaide win
Geelong win (phew)
Pies win
Essendon win
Giants win

And you all guessed it by now
Sydney win :(

Paying 40/1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also did a pick 9 and there was no value for the straight up so I chose some margins

Richmond 40+
Hawks 25+
Eagles 25+
Adelaide win
Geelong win (phew)
Pies win
Essendon win
Giants win

And you all guessed it by now
Sydney win :(

Paying 40/1

No one could’ve possibly picked that upset. Damn unlucky. I took Swans -13.5 for the third quarter and couldn’t believe what I saw.

Adelaide -7.5 against Melbourne next week. Gee whiz. Their ball movement will be difficult for us to stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back